Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2023, 15:58   #436
BHPian

Re: Honda's new SUV for India | EDIT: Named Elevate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nithesh_M View Post
Spent 2 hours last night drawing over the spy pic. Yeah i was that bored. Wrong color aside (it looks like a mini Jeep compass ),
Frankly, a Honda that looks like I jeep Compass but has Honda reliability and 1.5NA+CVT combo is a pretty sweet combination.
I just hope Honda doesn't skimp on features and go crazy with the pricing.
vellatechie is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th May 2023, 16:50   #437
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evolvo View Post
Attachment 2452789

Attachment 2452790

Attachment 2452791

This is the US 2023 model of the Honda HRV…most likely the Elevate could be the same model (or XL edition or slightly tweaked for India edition).

The rear quarter panel glass, the taillight design and the overall stance mostly match!

I highly doubt as Honda can never be able to price HRV at Creta levels, They will end up competing with Jeep compass/Tucson which will be DoA. The product we are getting is based on Amaze(not even city/jazz) and should be more like the next generation BR-V being seen in ASEAN region.

The test mule has similar front fascia as that of the new BRV but the rear end seems different, perhaps they made it a 5 seater as previous mobilio/brv bombed in our market despite being a better package than that of Creta

Last edited by rajshenoy : 19th May 2023 at 16:56.
rajshenoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2023, 17:02   #438
BHPian

I think Honda is missing the trick by delaying the introduction of hybrid at launch. I think it is already too late for Honda and not going all out will be an issue for them.

People will go with the established players already instead of following a 2 product OEM in the market. I myself a big fan of honda however their approach is more of self destruction through ELEVATE.
Alive2Drive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2023, 17:12   #439
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by John316_WRC View Post
I could be wrong but expect it look somewhat like the new E:Ny1.
Mod Note : This was an Ioniq 5, not the Honda. Sorry for the confusion!

Just saw an ENY1 yesterday in office parking. South Mumbai. Don't know how or who got it, I was trying to leave for home and any curiosity could have got me stuck with some late work

Also I thought it'll be here next day also but haven't seen it.

It looks phenomenal, out of this world. Unlike the pics. More subdued bleeding edge than tesla.

If elevate looks a bit like that it'll be great.

I have been waiting for it since 6 months and wife daughter tell me every few days to get the alternatives (Creta, Hyryder, Sonet, Kushaq..)

Hopefully it'll be priced competitively. Else I may end up with another City or Creta.

Last edited by GTO : 22nd May 2023 at 12:44. Reason: Adding Mod Note to end the confusion
amitabhr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th May 2023, 17:12   #440

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alive2Drive View Post
I think Honda is missing the trick by delaying the introduction of hybrid at launch. I think it is already too late for Honda and not going all out will be an issue for them.
Exactly what my initial thought was, but then I realized it is still better to have a definitive timeline with adequate production numbers instead of keeping customers in limbo. (eg: What Toyota did with Hycross Hybrids)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
I believe a Honda buyer would rarely go for a Skoda/VW product. The comparison is IMO moot. We should actually compare refinement of a Hyundai/kia 3 pot 1 litre turbo petrol, which is actually spectacular. IMO, under most conditions, these engines achieve equal refinement as a 1.5 NA Honda motor.
In my view, not necessarily. I just replaced my 2017 F/L City CVT with Virtus 1.0 AT a month back.

Though engine refinement would be decided on numerous parameters, but I agree with you on comparing Japanese and Korean cars, they all are kissing cousins. (Not only in terms of engines but aesthetically as well).

Last edited by Axe77 : 19th May 2023 at 18:30. Reason: Merging back to back posts. Merging broken quote tag. Minor proofing edit.
Old 19th May 2023, 18:46   #441
Distinguished - BHPian

Honda Elevate could get a 6-speed manual transmission, just launched the WR-V in this configuration.

Quote:
Finally, Honda launched a new variant for the Honda WR-V with a 6-speed manual transmission.
Honda's new SUV for India | EDIT: Named Elevate-hondawrve.jpg

Honda's new SUV for India | EDIT: Named Elevate-hondawrv.jpg

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 19th May 2023 at 18:47.
volkman10 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 19th May 2023, 19:14   #442
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Honda Elevate could get a 6-speed manual transmission, just launched the WR-V in this configuration.

Attachment 2452916

Attachment 2452915

Link

Atleast Honda needs to give different engine tune and not the same given in City. IVTEC is brilliant but when the competition has shifted to Turbo, they should have atleast given Turbo as an option. They sell Civic Turbo RS in Pakistan! Also if the SUV resembles a cross over, it is game over for them.

Last edited by VRSriram : 19th May 2023 at 19:20.
VRSriram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2023, 23:40   #443
BHPian

I know many people won't agree with this, but I went ahead and did unofficial booking of Elevate. Crazy wait times for all new releases has an impact on my decision.

Honda's new SUV for India | EDIT: Named Elevate-img_20230519_233651.jpg
RedMaw is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th May 2023, 07:42   #444
BHPian

I am a self professed Honda fan boy.

My car history is something like this:
1. Hyundai Verna manual - 8 months
2. Honda Stream 7 seater MPV 1.8 NA TC - 7 years, 70k km
3. Toyota Harrier SUV, 2.0 NA 9 months
4. Honda Jazz 1.5 NA, 3.5 years, 30k km
5. Mercedes C180 W205 1.6 Turbo, 9 months
6. Honda Jade 1.5 Turbo, 1 year and counting, 10k km

Reason for sharing the history - I have driven some popular brands and nothing beats the handling and reliability of a Honda. It is just an absolute hoot to drive other than my mum’s first gen Ford Figo which I drive occasionally.

Now about the engines - I spent quite some time with the 1.5 NA and now the 1.5 Turbo. Honda is a god at tuning. In the Jazz, the 1.5 made it a peppy little city car.

My current Jade is a 6 seater MPV and carries the same 1.5T as the Civic. I rarely feel it is underpowered.

The upcoming Elevate has a few cousins in my part of the world. Honda Vezel and Honda HRV come with both 1.5 NA and 1.5 Hybrid versions. As urban vehicles, both are extremely popular here in Singapore. Almost the national car.

The 1.5 NA with Honda tuning is extremely capable of smooth acceleration and in the hybrid form regularly throws out 18+kmpl.

Hope above helps.
hondaford is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 20th May 2023, 10:31   #445

Quote:
Originally Posted by VRSriram View Post
True, even then pricing of Honda hybrid will ensure long break even period. They are not bringing their latest technology to India. They sell Civic RS turbo in Pakistan but they don't bring this here. Such is their commitment to India. If one is not bothered about mileage, there is Taigun.
It is really depressing that countries with economies and development much worse than ours get the XR-V line ups, Civic and Accord. For that matter, the international model cars sold in India are also extremely inferior in quality when compared with the US/UK models.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMaw View Post
For me it's the Honda name tag is enough. I rejected Creta/Seltos because of safety rating. Hyryder/Grand Vitara due to interior and not enough space to accommodate 3 in rear. Kushak and Taigun looks like glorified hatchback and not trusting VW service. Compass is too costly and Harrier is still not niggle free. Xuv700 has become too costly. Astor is not being delivered and Hector is boat like.
With the car prices going through the roof, splurging on them is becoming frivolous and a waste of hard earned money. With manufacturers resorting to cheap cost cutting, skimping on quality, reliability and safety features, buying almost any car available in the market is a compromised decision.

I don't expect Honda to deliver on all fronts with the Elevate. They are already compromising on the Sunroof design despite being this late into the SUV market. It's shocking that their international XR-V models could incorporate this into their design but they failed to do this with the Elevate. Delay in launching the Hybrid model also indicates lethargy. I seriously hope that they are not being lackadaisical since Elevate is meant for the Indian market only.
MysticMind is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th May 2023, 12:50   #446
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticMind View Post
It is really depressing that countries with economies and development much worse than ours get the XR-V line ups, Civic and Accord. For that matter, the international model cars sold in India are also extremely inferior in quality when compared with the US/UK models.
I have had recurrent thoughts on these lines every time I see a automobiles related video from Indonesia or Pakistan. Fact is that those countries have much greater respect for these brands in terms of sales numbers as per what I have deduced over time. The reality in terms of sales trends show that these companies (Honsda, Toyota) are not too inclined to sell a large number of models here in India. Honda did bring Civic, CR-V, Accord to India but the sales could never justify their floor space in the showrooms.

Part of the blame goes to Honda as well. They never brought a proper diesel engine for these cars to gove them a fair chance against their competition such as the Fortuner.
PaddleShifter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2023, 12:53   #447
BHPian

I wonder why big international brands are not bringing models to compete with MG hector, Xuv700 and Safari. Everyone is after Creta and there's nothing left to bring in that segment

Last edited by lionheart_mm : 20th May 2023 at 13:01.
lionheart_mm is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th May 2023, 14:20   #448

I'll be disappointed if the vehicle gets looks similar to the 5th gen City.
Come on Honda, do something nice!
It's been too long !!!
AtrBudu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2023, 16:38   #449
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticMind View Post
only.
I have a very simple theory why this happens. Reason is collusion between Japanese giants. Japan is highly protective of it's industrial base. But many world giants exist in there. Suzuki, Toyota, Honda. Within India this model is present in cement industry.

So these MNCs have conveniently under guidance of Japanese govt. Divided regions among themselves under a gentleman's agreement. This is similar to imperialism of 19th-20th century where European powers divided Asia among themselves as unique zones of influence where the other wouldn't be allowed. For example, India for UK, Indonesia/Vietnam for France, and later Philippines for USA.

India has been given to Suzuki. That's why participation from Honda and Toyota will always be below that level where it begans to hurt Suzuki. Similarly, you do not see aggressive participation from Suzuki in Western markets where Honda leads. In some regions all are present equally. Aim of Japanese Govt is to have all 3 thrive rather than have one as a causalty.

In short, these 3 Japs work as cartel. Free market is a myth. Also market structure has been ruined. Kia/Hyundai also practice this .

Last edited by Sheel : 20th May 2023 at 19:57. Reason: Broken quote tag fixed. Thanks.
CoconutCar is offline   (29) Thanks
Old 20th May 2023, 21:10   #450
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoconutCar View Post
I have a very simple theory why this happens. Reason is collusion between Japanese giants. Japan is highly protective of it's industrial base. But many world giants exist in there. Suzuki, Toyota, Honda. Within India this model is present in cement industry.

So these MNCs have conveniently under guidance of Japanese govt. Divided regions among themselves under a gentleman's agreement. This is similar to imperialism of 19th-20th century where European powers divided Asia among themselves as unique zones of influence where the other wouldn't be allowed. For example, India for UK, Indonesia/Vietnam for France, and later Philippines for USA.

India has been given to Suzuki. That's why participation from Honda and Toyota will always be below that level where it begans to hurt Suzuki. Similarly, you do not see aggressive participation from Suzuki in Western markets where Honda leads. In some regions all are present equally. Aim of Japanese Govt is to have all 3 thrive rather than have one as a causalty.

In short, these 3 Japs work as cartel. Free market is a myth. Also market structure has been ruined. Kia/Hyundai also practice this .
You know what? I tend to believe you. As far-fetched as it may sound, it may actually be true. Cartels exist in many industries. Live and let live policy gives everyone a peace of mind. Sometimes in life, your rival's well-being is also important yo you. Happy enemy is better than angry enemy.
pgsagar is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks