Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2023, 21:20   #421
BHPian

Re: Honda's new SUV for India | EDIT: Named Elevate

Hello,

@RijuC and @Nav-i-gator.
Thank you both for clearing up my doubts. Your replies make me feel 1.5NA is more than sufficient.

My driving style is sedate and pro safety.

Only thing left to decide is whether to go for MT or CVT. I will go for a test drive for transmissions. I might end up booking Elevate in June.

Regards,
CoconutCar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2023, 22:25   #422
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RijuC View Post
CVT won't be good for overtaking a large dimension or loaded Truck, RMC, Ash/ chemical carriage, Mahindra goods carriages, tractors etc. in hills. For any Automatic Transmission, you have to shift to manual or sports mode for better control while doing the overtake.

2. NA petrol is better than Turbo petrol in hills, considering simpler construction, circuits.
CVT can be a hassle when the vehicle is loaded and you are trying quick overtakes however good traditional ATs can handle this very well, be it uphill or downhill, a good driver may miss the joy of shifting gears though.

Turbo charging is in many ways invented to deal with altitude

It's just that some turbo charged vehicles weren't geared properly to allow best use of that engine power, in some cases it is due to drivers not knowing how to drive a turbo engined vehicle too.

Whenever a Turbo engine is offered, especially GDi chances are it cannot be matched by any NA options in its category.
Kosfactor is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 19th May 2023, 07:58   #423

Every morning since one month I have been getting up in the morning, excited to read about updates on Elevate. I hope Honda delays the launch further so that the excitement continues for some more time. On a serious note, I have almost planned to go for Elevate cvt even before knowing how it looks. Excited.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 19th May 2023 at 08:32. Reason: Corrected typo.
Chinni is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 19th May 2023, 09:25   #424

Sailing in the same boat! Its become a ritual everyday after i wake up, i come to this thread and read any new updates and google about honda elevate! Glad to know i am normal! :-)
AKSwamy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th May 2023, 09:40   #425
BHPian

While the excitement around Honda Elevate can’t be compared with that around the Jimny, Honda can do quite a bit more in the marketing to make it the talk of the town.

Jimny, with its cult image, managed far more eyes and eons of articles and YouTube content even before the first car hit the road.

While the playbook is slightly different, Honda is trying to enter the most competitive and most lucrative segment in the country and it should do so with its full marketing might. Product differentiation will be key here. And a a hybrid power train will go a long way.

More sneak peeks please! Honda!
Old 19th May 2023, 09:45   #426
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRPSREDDY View Post
Exactly! They have played with speculations.

Attachment 2452083

I don't think Honda will fit in all the features as with the Creta/Seltos. They will play with the Brand royalty and give limited features. But nothing to beat their long lasting products.
Knowing Honda, I doubt Elevate will have 360 degree camera and Ventilated front seats, atleast now.

Also seems Honda thinks about what can be done in a facelift even when they launch a new gen vechicle. For eg. the front of 4th gen city had a lot of chrome, which was reduced in facelift. They followed the same with 2nd Gen amaze, followed by 5th Gen City. Really don't understand what is the strategy.
CarCraze is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2023, 10:04   #427
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caffeinated View Post
I expect it to have a small premium over City, but it will depend a bit on features list.
I too feel there will be a slight premium over city. Since the 6 airbag regulation is around the corner, I think Elevate will launch with this as a standard feature. If you look at City V variant, it has most of the bells and whistles. Honda may add 2 airbags + few more feel good features at a premium of 0.7 to 1 lakh for this variant in Elevate. If sunroof comes in this variant, then the difference will be much higher.
So, definitely a premium can be expected for the SUV form factor but may be compensated to an extent by some additional features.
Old 19th May 2023, 10:19   #428
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by namanchaudhary View Post
Are we expecting this to be priced higher/lower/ at par with City?
This is what VW have done. The entry variant of the Virtus is priced at a small discount to the Taigun (About 20K). Skoda has done the same with the Slavia and the Kushaq for similarly kitted variants. Ditto for the Verna and Creta. So I expect pricing of Elevate to be on par with the City variant for variant with maybe a smallish premium.
Old 19th May 2023, 10:36   #429
BHPian

When will Honda learn? No hybrid at launch? I am in the market for a hybrid SUVish car. Had Nissan launched the e-power (sequential EV+Gasoline) line up, I would have looked no further.
purohitanuj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th May 2023, 10:49   #430
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoconutCar View Post
My Question is - if I buy the Honda with 1.5NA, how will it's performance be on Hills? Does it lag there?
Performance will be satisfactory, no it won't lag but you will have to keep an eye on the rpms in steep inclines. (Applies to both 1.5iVtec and 1.5TSI)
Quote:
Is overtaking a pain? Does the car struggle with 4 passengers amd luggage on hills? By hills I mean, proper high altitude areas like Himachal and Uttarakhand.
Under full loads (luggage+passengers) you will notice a small difference in any of the engines at higher altitudes. Again the key will be to stay in the power band. A naturally aspirated engine will give you a linear power output whereas you will have to be in the right rpm for the turbo engine.
Quote:
So here I am, waiting for Elevate with 2 concerns
1) will NA 1.5 cause me driveability issues in High Hills and, 2) if answer to above is a convincing and resounding 'No', then I am going to discard Slavia 1.5 and book Elevate...Honda car is desirable for me because Skoda ASS is 80 K.M. in Dehardun while Honda is available in my district 6 K.M.
Yes you can go ahead with the Elevate.
I understand your dilema. To be fair to VW/Skoda, the 1.5TSI will be more fun to drive than any car this side of 20 lakhs. But you will also pay a premium and I am pretty sure the 1.5TSI manual will be more expensive than the 1.5iVtec manual. Seeing that your driving style is sedate and safe, I can assure you, the Elevate will keep you very very happy.
Quote:
(I am a well versed MT driver for years, so continuing in MT is alright)
you have answered your own question here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinni View Post
On a serious note, I have almost planned to go for Elevate cvt even before knowing how it looks. Excited.
I could be wrong but expect it look somewhat like the new E:Ny1. The grill, wheels and other details could be different in the Elevate. Attached video from Honda cars UK for reference.

Last edited by John316_WRC : 19th May 2023 at 10:58. Reason: Added a point.
John316_WRC is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th May 2023, 11:36   #431
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beez View Post
I too feel there will be a slight premium over city. Since the 6 airbag regulation is around the corner, I think Elevate will launch with this as a standard feature. If you look at City V variant, it has most of the bells and whistles. Honda may add 2 airbags + few more feel good features at a premium of 0.7 to 1 lakh for this variant in Elevate.
City had a good strategy of launching the base variant with most feel good features. However, this may not work for Elevate launch as its new, and they might need a barebone base variant to keep an attractive entry price, which can get people to showrooms and increase traction during crucial initial months. Sort of like the MX variant in Xuv700.
Caffeinated is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2023, 11:54   #432
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caffeinated View Post
However, this may not work for Elevate launch as its new, and they might need a barebone base variant to keep an attractive entry price, which can get people to showrooms and increase traction during crucial initial months. Sort of like the MX variant in Xuv700.
Hope Honda introduce a base model for the Hybrid equivalent to/ competitor of the S variant of Toyota Hyryder Hybrid model, priced at same level.

It would sell like hotcake in Delhi NCR market.

I'll cancel the Jimny booking and buy the base variant of the Elevate Hybrid, due to more practicality it offers (I am Sick of this Jimny hype now), if it is offered at same price level of Hyryder S, within 18 Lakhs OTR, Delhi NCR.

Last edited by RijuC : 19th May 2023 at 11:58.
RijuC is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th May 2023, 12:20   #433
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Honda Elevate bookings open unofficially for Rs 21,000.

Ahead of its June 6 global debut, a handful of Honda dealers seem to have confirmed this development.

Attachment 2452244

Link
Honda Grand Vitara? If this is the actual design, it's a straightaway design copy from Maruti.

I have very little hopes from this car from Honda. They have wasted 8-10 years in bringing this into market and now has little chance to succeed as other players are well established now in this segment. Hope Honda will do something great with pricing to get some initial momentum and try to disturb the market. But considering it's a Honda, it's highly unlikely.
Old 19th May 2023, 14:37   #434

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMaw View Post
For me it's the Honda name tag is enough. I rejected Creta/Seltos because of safety rating. Hyryder/Grand Vitara due to interior and not enough space to accommodate 3 in rear. Kushak and Taigun looks like glorified hatchback and not trusting VW service. Compass is too costly and Harrier is still not niggle free. Xuv700 has become too costly. Astor is not being delivered and Hector is boat like.
What a crisp summary of the options!

I had zeroed in on Grand Vitara weak hybrid AT, with some reservations on the interiors; (I would have preferred the strong hybrid but for the boot capacity restrictions).

Am not a big fan of sunroof though, believe that these are not suitable for Indian conditions, the Vitara sunroof with the flimsy netting cloth is another yellow flag.

Eagerly waiting for Elevate, the smaller sunroof is welcome; hope the other features are good. Can it give us a strong hybrid with 300 plus boot? Fingers crossed.
Sowhatislife is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th May 2023, 15:29   #435
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nithesh_M View Post
Spent 2 hours last night drawing over the spy pic. Yeah i was that bored. Wrong color aside (it looks like a mini Jeep compass ), I took some cues from the City hatchback for the rear overall and the new WRV (for the rear bumper).

I had no access to photoshop so this is the best thing I could come up with using a mouse
Honda's new SUV for India | EDIT: Named Elevate-img_8380.jpeg

Honda's new SUV for India | EDIT: Named Elevate-img_8381.jpeg

Honda's new SUV for India | EDIT: Named Elevate-img_8383.jpeg

This is the US 2023 model of the Honda HRV…most likely the Elevate could be the same model (or XL edition or slightly tweaked for India edition).

The rear quarter panel glass, the taillight design and the overall stance mostly match!

evolvo is offline   (5) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks