Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2023, 20:43   #226
BHPian

Re: Toyota Hilux launched at Rs. 33.99 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBWKjesko View Post
Y
My little Lhasa apso called kiwi passed away in the morning today.
Very sorry to hear this & my condolences for your loss. Take care!
corneliu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2023, 12:20   #227
BHPian

Hey Guys,

Quick trip to Harsil. Thought I would share a few pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Hilux launched at Rs. 33.99 lakh-72b7aedddc444c8986819bef56635f90.jpeg  

Toyota Hilux launched at Rs. 33.99 lakh-9d04e5cc23e04789be3e13eb0a38402d.jpeg  

Toyota Hilux launched at Rs. 33.99 lakh-2944f8f1f55645b6bb41fbd44e5c49d0.jpeg  

dhruvmalik is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 16th March 2023, 14:32   #228
BHPian

Courtesy: Sirish Chandran/Evo India.

Hilux with this canopy looks really stunning. Isn't it?
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Hilux launched at Rs. 33.99 lakh-screenshot_20230316142321267_com.instagram.android01.jpeg  

5252rpm is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 17th March 2023, 12:22   #229
Senior - BHPian

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Toyota Hilux gets a massive price cut of Rs 3.59 lakh

Toyota has reduced the price of the Hilux Standard MT by Rs 3.59 lakh. As a result, the Hilux now starts at Rs 30.40 lakh (ex-showroom).

Toyota Hilux launched at Rs. 33.99 lakh-20220120012155_toyota-hilux.jpg

While the base price has been reduced, Toyota has hiked the prices of the High MT and High AT variants by Rs 1.35 lakh and Rs 1.10 lakh, respectively.

The Toyota Hilux shares its underpinnings with the Fortuner. In India, the pick-up truck is offered with a 2.8-litre diesel engine producing 201 BHP (204 BHP - 6MT) and 500 Nm (420 Nm - 6MT). The engine is paired with either a 6-speed manual or a 6-speed automatic transmission. It comes with a four-wheel-drive system with an electronic differential lock, a limited-slip differential and Active Traction Control.

Despite being a lifestyle utility vehicle, the Hilux is decently equipped. It is equipped with an 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay connectivity, ventilated seats with leather upholstery, 8-way power-adjustable front seats, dual-zone automatic climate control, cruise control and automatic headlamps. It also gets 7 airbags, a rear-view camera, VSC, traction control and Variable Flow Control steering.

Toyota Hilux ex-showroom prices:
  • Standard 4x4 MT - Rs 30.40 lakh
  • High 4x4 MT - Rs 37.15 lakh
  • High 4x4 AT - Rs 37.90 lakh

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 17th March 2023 at 12:23.
TusharK is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 17th March 2023, 12:29   #230
BHPian

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Toyota Hilux gets a massive price cut of Rs 3.59 lakh

Toyota has reduced the price of the Hilux Standard MT by Rs 3.59 lakh. As a result, the Hilux now starts at Rs 30.40 lakh (ex-showroom).

While the base price has been reduced, Toyota has hiked the prices of the High MT and High AT variants by Rs 1.35 lakh and Rs 1.10 lakh, respectively.
The feature list will likely be revised too, to justify the nearly 7 lakh rupee premium that the High variant now commands

Some chrome, laser headlamps, and leather seats wont even begin to cut it

Last edited by Axe77 : 21st March 2023 at 06:33. Reason: Trimming quoted post.
udainxs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th March 2023, 12:40   #231
BHPian

Toyota announcing a price cut?
I am almost tempted to flag the post and report to the moderators for spreading fake news
vellatechie is online now   (67) Thanks
Old 17th March 2023, 13:05   #232
Distinguished - BHPian

No one buys the Base MT variant of the Hilux, hence the price cut of 3.59 Lakh to clear stock…

The variants that are actually bought albeit in limited numbers (High MT and AT) have received a price hike, so a typical Toyota move!

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 17th March 2023 at 13:12.
CEF_Beasts is online now   (26) Thanks
Old 17th March 2023, 14:21   #233
BHPian

I am waiting for someone to write "What are Toyota guys smoking?"

On a serious note, looks like Toyota is making some effort to clear the inventory. Autocar and Powerdrift recently released review videos of the Hilux. Toyota finally saw the need to give the car to online media for reviews.
anshumandun is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th March 2023, 15:30   #234
BHPian

This price cut was long time due. But still way too high for a Hilux. I'd like to see this priced around or under 20 lakhs given what is on offer in these vehicles.

Similarly, I'd like to see the D-Max V Cross priced well below 15 lakhs based on the current offering unless they want to step up the game with better quality interiors and more powerful engine and transmission.

Both Hilux and D-Max feel way underpowered for what they're actually being made. Pick-ups are supposed to be powerful and be able to tow heavy loads without breaking a sweat. The current offerings are weak and overpriced. Let's see how things turn out in future.
The Rainmaker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2023, 17:19   #235
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rainmaker View Post
Both Hilux and D-Max feel way underpowered for what they're actually being made. Pick-ups are supposed to be powerful and be able to tow heavy loads without breaking a sweat. The current offerings are weak and overpriced.
Massively OT for this thread.

The Hilux in no way is underpowered for usage on Indian roads, even for the International markets it’s not underpowered. These are not racecars or low slung sedans, they are workhorses (or lifestyle vehicles in India). This isn’t the USA where you need big V8s under the hood of the pick-ups to pull heavy loads with cheaper fuel costs and eye-watering fuel economy numbers. It’s important to have a perfect balance of power, braking, towing capability, reliability and fuel economy. The Hilux has the best balance between these five parameters, yes it’s not the best while towing 2500kgs but manages it nonetheless (no one is going tow 2500kgs in India with any pick-up and it’s anyways illegal for private registered {white plates} cars to tow).

Cannot comment on the Isuzu DMax with the 1.9L diesel engine for India, the 3.0L available internationally is as adequate as Toyota’s 2.8L motor.

Some snippets from Carexpert’s multiple videos testing 12 utes (pick-ups) in Australia. With a 4-cyl diesel the Hilux manages to keep up with its V6 petrol, V6 diesel and V8 competition in terms of its off-road prowess.

Laden and unladen Acceleration Test:
Toyota Hilux launched at Rs. 33.99 lakh-89eb5daa3a9a48478f72081917eb425c.jpeg

Unladen Braking test:
Toyota Hilux launched at Rs. 33.99 lakh-e9d954c10fb34ebdbbd5f277b7946898.jpeg

Fuel economy figures unladen vs laden (in L / kms):
Toyota Hilux launched at Rs. 33.99 lakh-aa0aa91fd7754dfe81e591b9eff54d65.jpeg

Stock power figures on a dyno, to see the powertrain losses:
Toyota Hilux launched at Rs. 33.99 lakh-c11f353a5770433491b01ebcf02ad3c6.jpeg

Performance in various off road challenges. Where other 4 cylinder diesels fail in one or more tests the Hilux passes all of them! (The Mitsubishi Triton is the only other 4-cylinder diesel that manages to pass all challenges) :
Toyota Hilux launched at Rs. 33.99 lakh-eacd6c9bc3a7405b809a124fd85223d2.jpeg

For India I agree that these lifestyle vehicles are way overpriced but they are extremely capable in stock form. Modify them with some proper off-road gear (lift-kit, tyres, etc etc.) and they are go-anywhere vehicles!
CEF_Beasts is online now   (32) Thanks
Old 17th March 2023, 17:54   #236
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
The Hilux in no way is underpowered for usage on Indian roads, even for the International markets it’s not underpowered. These are not racecars or low slung sedans, they are workhorses (or lifestyle vehicles in India). This isn’t the USA where you need big V8s under the hood of the pick-ups to pull heavy loads with cheaper fuel costs and eye-watering fuel economy numbers. It’s important to have a perfect balance of power, braking, towing capability, reliability and fuel economy. The Hilux has the best balance between these five parameters, yes it’s not the best while towing 2500kgs but manages it nonetheless (no one is going tow 2500kgs in India with any pick-up and it’s anyways illegal for private registered {white plates} cars to tow).

Cannot comment on the Isuzu DMax with the 1.9L diesel engine for India, the 3.0L available internationally is as adequate as Toyota’s 2.8L motor.

For India I agree that these lifestyle vehicles are way overpriced but they are extremely capable in stock form. Modify them with some proper off-road gear (lift-kit, tyres, etc etc.) and they are go-anywhere vehicles!
I just shared my 'personal' opinion and experience mate. One man's floor is another man's ceiling. Some might be happy with a Bolero Pick up as well. And trust me, I know it's a pick-up, not a low slung sedan. My comment was based exactly on how a pick-up should be powered. The true purpose of a pick-up is, well, carrying heavy loads and towing. And yes, the Hilux and D-Max are under-powered 'for the price' but that's purely 'my' experience because I test and buy vehicles based solely on the purpose they are actually made for. Probably I've driven ones with a better engine and feel that the exorbitant price being charged for these under-powered examples here is totally unjustified. But that's just me. If you feel they're powerful enough, I respect your opinion as well
The Rainmaker is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 17th March 2023, 19:57   #237
Senior - BHPian

Toyota has made adjustments to Hilux’s pricing to establish a very attractive entry-level price point. Prices for Hilux have been slashed by as much as Rs. 3.59 lakh (ex-sh). For MY2023, Toyota Hilux comes off as slightly more affordable for prospective buyers than it used to be before.

With High trim, on the other hand, prices have been hiked for both MT and AT variants. High MT has been hiked by Rs. 1.35 lakh, while High AT prices have been hiked by Rs. 1.1 lakh.

Source - Rushlane
cool_dube is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2023, 21:37   #238
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
But still way too high for a Hilux. I'd like to see this priced around or under 20 lakhs given what is on offer in these vehicles.

Similarly, I'd like to see the D-Max V Cross priced well below 15 lakhs based on the current offering unless they want to step up the game with better quality interiors and more powerful engine and transmission.
I hope you know GST & surcharge alone are around 50 % on SUV's. There might be some custom duty too but am not sure of the percentage as a lot of kits will be coming from Thailand where we have a special agreement. With USD trading at around 83, what Toyota will be getting on the base variant at 20 Lac-Ex factory prices is 24 K USD. And you want them to sell at 13 Lac or 16K USD or Isuzu at 10 Lac or 12 K USD and also with better interiors and more powerful engine and transmission

Will be keen to know where else do you see these kinds of prices.

Quote:
Both Hilux and D-Max feel way underpowered for what they're actually being made. Pick-ups are supposed to be powerful and be able to tow heavy loads without breaking a sweat

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
The Hilux in no way is underpowered for usage on Indian roads, even for the International markets it’s not underpowered.
Correct, with the kind of suspension they have, I don't think they can take any more power.

You have posted some interesting figures, I wonder why Hilux fail on many and there is a massive drop in performance as well as increase in fuel consumption under load as compared with others.

Last edited by Turbanator : 17th March 2023 at 22:25. Reason: minor edit.
Turbanator is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 17th March 2023, 21:51   #239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
I hope you know GST & surcharge alone are around 50 % on SUV's. There might be some custom duty too but am not sure of the percentage as a lot of kits will be coming from Thailand where we have a special agreement. With USD trading at around 83, what Toyota will be getting on the base variant at 20 Lac-Ex factory prices is 24 K USD. And you want them to sell at 13 Lac or 16K USD or Isuzu at 10 Lac or 12 K USD and also with better interiors and more powerful engine and transmission
While I partially agree with you, but I would like to state that the brands already have enough margins when it comes to such vehicles. Did you really think with this price cut Toyota is selling at a loss or they were selling cost to cost at the previous (Higher) price? Of course not!

And yes, that GST and surcharge is where the secret to the higher pricing lies. I only blame the government in that department that favors the businessmen who can always get the GST refund and depreciation benefits in the name of their businesses and ultimately get the vehicle at a price close to the US pricing. What's even more ironic is that they end up disposing their vehicles off in a couple of years and still get the same value or probably more than they ended up spending on these in the first place. The salaried person suffers in both the cases, whether new or old because of the high pricing either way. So yes, you're partially right and some things really can't be helped in this country. Cheers
The Rainmaker is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th March 2023, 22:13   #240
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I would like to state that the brands already have enough margins when it comes to such vehicles.
Will like to know what makes you think so? As I mentioned above, what sort of profits will Toyota be making selling Hilux at 22-25K-USD. Must be cheapest for them anywhere in the world, not even in Thailand. Factor the costs of running a large organisation, getting CKD kits and all the overheads.

Quote:
Did you really think with this price cut Toyota is selling at a loss or they were selling cost to cost at the previous (Higher) price? Of course not!

One time loss perhaps, they must be sitting on inventories as fewer people buy this kind of vehicle in MT. Also, a 3 lac reduction on Ex-showroom means, around 2 Lac Ex-Factory.

Quote:
GST and surcharge is where the secret to the higher pricing lies. I only blame the government in that department that favors the businessmen who can always get the GST refund and depreciation benefits in the name of their businesses and ultimately get the vehicle at a price close to the US pricing
Wrong, no business except the ones in the Auto business can adjust GST. Depreciation, Yes but it's not substantial. Say, 30% on Vellfire costing 90 Lac, implies 30 Lac gets reduced from the profits which translate to around 25% of 30 Lac = 7,5 Lac in the First Year and from the next, this is calculated at depreciated value i.e 60 Lac for second and so forth.

Quote:
What's even more ironic is that they end up disposing their vehicles off in a couple of years and still get the same value or probably more than they ended up spending on these in the first place.

True on high-end vehicles all due to a massive increase in prices by manufacturers and lead times. Not going to happen when things normalise unless it's the new normal.

Quote:
The salaried person suffers in both the cases, whether new or old because of the high pricing either way.
It's not just here but in many countries. Am sure you are aware of the notorious charges for parking that Singapore charges. Even in EU, the GST will be 20% and higher. Yes, it's relatively better for businesses as they can book interest, repairs etc as expenses too but prices don't come anywhere close to the US market if we talk about premium cars.

Last edited by Turbanator : 17th March 2023 at 22:26.
Turbanator is offline   (14) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks