Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2022, 13:58   #106
Senior - BHPian

re: Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post
Innova is Toyota's bread winner model in India. I don't think Toyota will be stupid to do that. My guess is that this is going to be a proper Toyota with a proper hybrid integration ( unlike the hyryder )
Once it becomes a "proper" hybrid Toyota Innova it'll come closer to the Camry price wise. I have a feeling that there will be only a Rs 10 L gap between the Innova Hybrid and Camry Hybrid's price.
Durango Dude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2022, 14:22   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post
My guess is that this is going to be a proper Toyota with a proper hybrid integration ( unlike the hyryder )
Is this the reason why Hyryder lacks the blue Toyota badge that other proper Toyota hybrids like Camry have?
Old 7th September 2022, 23:59   #108
BHPian

Innova Zenix features list for the Indonesian market leaked:

Quote:
All New Innova Petrol & Hybrid

Price
Innova G AT Petrol Rp 415 million
Innova G AT HV Rp 455 million

Innova V AT Petrol Rp 475 million
Innova V AT HV Rp 560 million

Innova Q HV Rp 625 million

Colours:
White pearl
Black
Dark Steel
Grey
Silver

G :
Start Stop Engine
9" audio
LED lights
16" wheels

V :
17" wheels
Panoramic Sunroof for HV
10" audio and Rear Seat Entertainment (RSE)
Upgraded MID

Q :
Modellista Bodykit
18" wheels
Foglamp
LED turning signals
Electric captain seat for the 2nd row
Power Back Door
Voice Command
Source
Astargea is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th September 2022, 09:54   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayc123 View Post
Amalji, please help us understand what is a "proper" Toyota and what is a "proper" hybrid. And what takes away the "proper" tag from HyRyder?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Star View Post
Is this the reason why Hyryder lacks the blue Toyota badge that other proper Toyota hybrids like Camry have?
The Hyryder does get the same Hybrid powertrain used in the Yaris Cross. So, in that way it's a proper Toyota Hybrid tech. The problem is with how it is integrated. The Suzuki Global C Platform was not designed with this kind of a powertrain in mind. The problem with that is that you place the hybrid components at the wrong place compromising on boot space. Whereas in a native Toyota platform vehicle ( like the Yaris Cross ), there is no loss of boot space even with the Hybrid setup.

In short, I'm not unhappy with the use of Suzuki Global C Platform because it is one of the better platforms by Suzuki. But, I'm more worried about how the hybrid tech is integrated into that platform because that platform was never designed to accommodate the hybrid powertrain from Toyota. Maybe, next version will solve this problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
Once it becomes a "proper" hybrid Toyota Innova it'll come closer to the Camry price wise. I have a feeling that there will be only a Rs 10 L gap between the Innova Hybrid and Camry Hybrid's price.
Half of what we pay for a vehicle in India goes as different forms of taxes. What that means is that it's always an uphill battle for quality manufacturers in India. Any increase in costs due to higher quality practices and well paid employees results in 2x price increase. Ford tried to not compromise on their fundamentals for as long as they could and sold their vehicles at losses and finally exited the market. VW/Skoda tried for long. Now, they realised that we don't really care about their solid build quality and they are trying a new strategy. I hope Toyota don't compromise on their fundamentals and 'price it for India' with focus just on useless features like the sunroof ( at the cost of steel quality/safety and reliability ). If they do so, then there is no more reason to buy a Toyota in India.

Last edited by amalji : 15th September 2022 at 10:02.
amalji is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 15th September 2022, 10:28   #110
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astargea View Post
Innova Zenix features list for the Indonesian market leaked
I hope there are equivalent mid and top variants that get an option of no sunroof as well…

Absence of so many gizmos is what makes Toyota last for a lifetime.
Old 15th September 2022, 16:07   #111
BHPian

The pricing in Indonesia converted into INR is
- V (mid-variant) hybrid AT at 29.9 lakhs
- G (top variant) hybrid AT at 33.3 lakhs

I am sure there will be some tinkering - given taxes differing in the two countries etc.

However, if this is indicative, it would be SOME increase vs the current Innova. Hope there is enough value to justify it - or will it be the usual - Toyota finding excuses to raise prices
RoadTiger is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th September 2022, 09:47   #112
Distinguished - BHPian

According to ACI (Sept 2022 Magazine)

The Innova HyCross will use Suzuki’s 1.5L mild hybrid in addition to Toyota’s full hybrid power plant.

I can’t imagine the already underpowered 1.5L mild hybrid in an Innova

This will successfully kill the Innova brand if it gets the 1.5L Suzuki motor!!
CEF_Beasts is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th September 2022, 10:08   #113
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
The Innova HyCross will use Suzuki’s 1.5L mild hybrid in addition to Toyota’s full hybrid power plant. ...I can’t imagine the already underpowered 1.5L mild hybrid in an Innova ...This will successfully kill the Innova brand if it gets the 1.5L Suzuki motor!!
Gawd!!! Where is the vomiting smilie?
Okay, am going to use my two smilie quota.

They really can't be doing that!!! Wasn't there a report earlier that Toyota was going to make both 1.5l and 2.0l Dynamic Force engines here? Or are both version hybrids only? Again, brings into light the positioning. Is this going to sit below the Innova Crysta or going to sit along?
The rumoured 2.0l hybrid and TNGA-C platform would mean we can't be expecting it to be priced below the Innova. Really hope ACI is wrong in this. (they have been)

How did a pretty average engine become so hated (for me personally atleast). Instead of giving it an extra sixth gear in the manual, Maruti has chocked that thing malaise style

EDIT: On the other hand, this news gives me hope that this will be a new product sitting below the Innova, just piggybacking on the Innova brand strength, while the present Innova will continue and even make the shift to the TNGA-F platform

Last edited by DicKy : 19th September 2022 at 10:11.
DicKy is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 19th September 2022, 10:51   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

The Innova HyCross will use Suzuki’s 1.5L mild hybrid in addition to Toyota’s full hybrid power plant.
Wow that 1.5L mill feels lethargic on Ertiga/XL6 and more heavier Innova might only make it worse. I now wonder if this new car is actually Innova or Stretched Hyryder(even then it does not make sense)

They could have gone with the 1.8 NA on Corolla for better torque and linear power for chugging that extra load.

I was hoping Toyota will offer the strong hybrid in 4 cylinder avatar (2L from Camry) but they might be thinking of same 1.5L strong hybrid from Hyryder in that case.
Old 19th September 2022, 12:11   #115
BHPian

Please bear with a naive question. Is this mild hybrid going to be the Toyota’s version of XL-6 ?
Old 19th September 2022, 12:54   #116
BHPian

Quote:

I can’t imagine the already underpowered 1.5L mild hybrid in an Innova

This will successfully kill the Innova brand if it gets the 1.5L Suzuki motor!!
Doesn't seem to be believable, the Suzuki 1.5 L is 102 hp/138 Nm which nowhere powerful enough to haul Innova's weight...
Old 19th September 2022, 14:06   #117
Senior - BHPian

Looks like this one will only have the Innova name and is not a generational upgrade. This is probably the same sized as Ertiga/Rumion with a strong hybrid and trying to exploit the Innova name to establish credibility. That means the Crysta will continue and will probably receive a proper generational upgrade.
padmrajravi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th September 2022, 09:01   #118
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayG View Post
Please bear with a naive question. Is this mild hybrid going to be the Toyota’s version of XL-6 ?
With their secretive operations, can't tell for sure. But the Toyota version of the Ertiga/XL6 a.k.a the Rumion has been rumoured but not yet finalised for India.

This is definitely a newer larger vehicle, scoop pics in this thread attest to that.
DicKy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2022, 10:00   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
With their secretive operations, can't tell for sure..
If this new MPV is going to come with 1.5L mild hybrid engine from Suzuki and also with Toyota's strong hybrid power train similar to HyRyder/Grand Vitara, then I may need to postpone my decision about Grand Vitara(having booked strong hybrid variant on July 11th) and wait until this is launched. An MPV with strong hybrid will definitely have more boot space.

Last edited by vvrchandra : 20th September 2022 at 10:01.
Old 22nd September 2022, 18:56   #120
Distinguished - BHPian

Toyota Innova Zenix for Indonesian Market:

Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled-toyotainnovazenixrendering.jpeg

Quote:
will use a 2.0-liter engine. But both power and torque capabilities will be improved. The car no longer rests on the ladder frame chassis. But using the TNGA monocoque, it was likely taken from the Corolla Cross Hybrid.
Quote:
Toyota will also strip away the 2.4-liter diesel engine
- There will be two petrol and hybrid options available

- Conventional 6-speed A/T transmission type was replaced with a CVT.

- The drive or power delivery system switches from the rear axle to the front wheels (both models)

- The manual gearbox option is also allegedly no longer available in the new generation.

- For the hybrid version, Toyota will combine a 2.0-liter engine, an electric motor and lithium-ion battery support

- Price is predicted to start from ~ IDR 400 million with range topping model at~ IDR 600 million

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 22nd September 2022 at 19:03.
volkman10 is offline   (8) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks