Team-BHP - Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/249913-toyota-innova-hycross-now-unveiled-39.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by swarnava.ch (Post 5445536)
I have not been able to keep up with all the news flows and launch details but a short query to the good folks here. In the Hybrid version of the Innova now, will the battery power the rear wheels - making it kind of AWD ? or both Petrol Engine and Electric motor will always power the front wheels ?

There is no drive shaft connecting to rear wheel at all. Rear wheel is fixed to torsion beam same as one found in all hatchbacks, C-SUVs of all brands, Harrier Twins.

Quote:

Originally Posted by varunswnt (Post 5445549)
There is no drive shaft connecting to rear wheel at all. Rear wheel is fixed to torsion beam same as one found in all hatchbacks, C-SUVs of all brands, Harrier Twins.

The TNGA C platform on which HyCross is based does support AWD. Therefore, AWD is possible technically though not offered on Hycross.

However, from a commercial/positioning angle and as a differentiator with Fortuner, they may choose not to go down this route.

Booked it!

ZX(O)

Blackish Ageha Glass Flake

I also have a Kodiaq L&K booking. Test drive and reviews will decide whether I go ahead with Toyota and cancel the Kodiaq.

I am disappointed with no option of bench in the middle row, no one sitting 3 people in the last row and hence the 7S is effectively a 6 seater :(

Does anyone have details on the EV mode in Hycross? If there is one and whats its range in pure EV mode? Does the petrol engine kick in after a certain speed, if yes, will it be safe to say that it will mostly be a petrol only vehicle on the highways?

TKM has a winner at hand, for sure. Here is a good walkaround by ACI - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MI0cdklIftE

Mod note: Please use proper punctuations and avoid typing like this.... Post edited. Thanks.

Not announcing pricing on the launch day as they did in Indonesia? Looks like Toyota is going for dynamic pricing, directly proportional to the number of bookings. Higher the booking higher the price

Booked ZX(O) at dealership by paying Rs 50,000. Dealer training is still not done neither they had anything more to reveal from what already is available online. My SA is hopeful of pricing being in range of 25L - 30L ex showroom. At max, it might touch 32L ex showroom. However we all know what happened with Hyryder in terms of pricing where they priced atleast 1-2 lakh on higher side.

Per SA price reveal would happen some time in December but was not sure if deliveries will start in January. His best guess was February.

Let's hope Toyota clears the air around pricing and delivery timelines.

Overall an excellent package and hopefully it is priced reasonably. I think if they were to offer the top end ZX hybrid at 27.99 ex-showroom and the ZX(O) at 29.99 that would be very good introductory pricing. But I see the top end easily going to 31.99 or 32.99 based on Toyota's recent pricing escapades.

One difference between the Hyryder and the Hycross is that while the former gets a Lithium Ion battery, the Hycross makes do with a Nickel Metal Hydride battery. Although NiMH batteries have 40% lower energy density than and Li-ion, the one advantage of the NiMH batteries is that they can withstand harsher weather, from freezing winters to blazing-hot summers (think India). So the NiMH battery pack may be larger than a comparable capacity Li-ion battery. They also are slower to charge - this may be the reason the FE of the Innova is significantly lower than that of the Hyryder (21.1 kpl versus 27.97 kpl). Li-ion is the more modern type of battery used in hybrids around the world these days, but these batteries are around 40% more expensive to manufacture than Ni-MH batteries, which is why cars equipped with them tend to cost more.

The one thing I dislike about this car is the claim from Toyota that the last row is somehow designed to accommodate 3 people! Take a look at this picture. The middle headrest is not even fixed symmetrically and looks grotesque. It is mounted on one seat only, with two mounting points there, instead of on mounting point on each side symmetrically distributed. I guess they are forced to do this since the configuration is a 50:50 split instead of a 60:40 split required for proper 3 seats, and mounting on both sides would lock the electrically operated folding of the third row if the headrest is fixed to both sides. I am not sure if this is even safe - imagine a car rear-ending into the Innova and the middle passengers head may be such an angle that it hits the unmounted side hard, can the design withstand the force?

The middle passenger gets only a lap seat belt and not a three-point one. Also, the space between the harness points for the lap seatbelt for the middle passenger is so tiny that only a 5 year old can sit there without the clasps pressing against one's backside.

EDIT - The middle passenger does get a roof mounted shoulder belt and not a lap belt. This is clear after viewing the Autocar walkaround video.

Excellent job by Toyota! Design is to die for. The proportions are excellent and nowhere looks out place. This time they've got it right in terms of design. Compared to our going model.

I am super impressed by this package.
If priced well, it may kill XUV700.

I was going to put my money down for XUV700, but I will decide once pricing for this is announced.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 84.monsoon (Post 5445577)
The middle passenger gets only a lap seat belt and not a three-point one.

It gets a proper seat belt, however, it comes from the roof and not from the pillars.

Watched lot of articles, quick reviews, video, news, can't seem to find any flaw in the car!

Design- Check( for an MPV)
Engine- Check(Misses diesel but Hybrid makes for the absence)
Features-Check
Technology-Check
Safety-Check

I mentioned elsewhere, features/technology gets outdated quite rapidly. And this is just perfect example, XUV700 launched just a year ago, looks dated interms of features! The engines though are right on top.

Yes this will be priced at a premium and looking at equipment, size, engine, performance and a T badge may be pricing will be on par with Fortuner 4x2? or a lac or 2 lower. Pricing on par with Fortuner will help Toyota price next gen Fortuner well above 50L .

Quote:

Originally Posted by dragracer567 (Post 5445465)
We do? I know that countries like Indonesia and Vietnam have high vehicle taxes but surely the Thai version should be cheaper than India's?

The cheapest Innova in Thailand is 26-27 lakhs and has the 2.0l petrol engine. The diesels are priced 28-30 lakhs. Not sure if its ex-showroom or on road, but it still more than the on road pricing of the cheapest Innova 2.7l petrol in India; 22 lakhs OTR.

Indonesia is the home market of the Innova, not Thailand. Thailand is the home market of the Hilux and Fortuner. You may find the Hilux to cheaper in Thailand than even the GCC markets.

Heck, I would say the Innova in India is VFM than even GCC pricing. There is only a sole variant on sale in Saudi Arabia, and it is equivalent to our base model 2.7l GX automatic. Even then it loses out on the Android Auto music system, instead it gets a generic touchscreen with bluetooth.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 84.monsoon (Post 5445577)
The middle passenger gets only a lap seat belt and not a three-point one. Also, the space between the harness points for the lap seatbelt for the middle passenger is so tiny that only a 5 year old can sit there without the clasps pressing against one's backside.

EDIT - The middle passenger does get a roof mounted shoulder belt and not a lap belt. This is clear after viewing the Autocar walkaround video.

Like the Crysta’s last row and Fortuner’s middle row, the middle passenger in the 3rd row of the HyCross also gets a 3-point seatbelt.

You can see 4 seatbelt tabs there, the middle passenger needs two of those tabs for the two buckels present in roof mounted 3-point seatbelt to work.

https://youtu.be/dCOqbDggAC8

And just to mention the Crysta gets the same mounting design for the 3rd passenger’s headrest in the last row. It’s definitely better than not having any headrest. When not needed one can keep it aside.

Quote:

Originally Posted by subbarp (Post 5445545)
Is this black shade or a dark blue shade color? Are there any images in daylight available?

It’s a mix of black, blue and green.

It’s present in the Prado as well, but in very few countries.

Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled-71cc9a60aded47a7b820626b81297b71.jpeg

Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled-20b73e79f2db44bcbcbdc1860ff72068.jpeg

Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled-c9eb22c453b14abfad99b8fcf9aeec8b.jpeg

Introducing the All New Innova HyCross.

Quote:

Sporting a new HY of Exterior Styling, Plush Comfort, Enhanced Safety & Hybrid Performance.
Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled-20221125_170654.jpg

Few walkaround videos

https://youtu.be/MI0cdklIftE

https://youtu.be/ttKB7NHp0_g

https://youtu.be/cklrXMtL-W8