Team-BHP - Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/249913-toyota-innova-hycross-now-unveiled-33.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carpainter (Post 5444424)
Attachment 2383122

From these videos all I can see is the mileage is not as it should be. Range is also not good enough. Could this be because the cars are fairly new and haven't run enough to calibrate the MID properly.

Yes, the car is idling for a long time during testing in the plant and during showcase to the media.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jthomas (Post 5444442)
Maybe because the car has been on idle for very long time. Will wait for proper reviews. I am expecting atleast 15 km/ltr for Hybrid one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Astargea (Post 5444516)
Yes, the car is idling for a long time during testing in the plant and during showcase to the media.

Forgive me for the noob question, but aren't hybrids supposed to be more efficient in such scenarios, with the engine coming on only when the battery is drained? Or am I missing something?

Going to be a smashing hit! Toyota should do what it does best and this is an example of that. Maruti derivatives doesn't exude Toyota reliability!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carpainter (Post 5444424)
Attachment 2383122
From these videos all I can see is the mileage is not as it should be. Range is also not good enough.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GKR9900 (Post 5444521)
Forgive me for the noob question, but aren't hybrids supposed to be more efficient in such scenarios, with the engine coming on only when the battery is drained? Or am I missing something?

If this new Innova Petrol Hybrid can return 15kmpl on a tankful of gas in the Urban cycle, thats really something for a 7 seat vehicle and one that weighs close to 2tons! This is the sort of mileage 5 seat direct injection turbo petrol C-SUV's manage on the highway!

The 2.4l diesel manages about 10Kmpl in the city cycle or a range of about 550km on a tankful of gas. At 15kmpl, you're looking at an increased DTE range of an extra 275km, worst case. If this ain't good enough, its best to skip the Hybrid camp altogether and go straight to an EV.

Anyway; I would not jump to any conclusions from a picture of a gauge cluster of a brand new vehicle that has <200km on its odometer. We do not know the vehicles operating status which lead to that figure. Once the car hits the road, we will know.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Astargea (Post 5444322)
The image is digitally modified, this is the real image:

The front looks more SUVish than a MPV. As the transition to monocoque might have improved the driving dynamics and comfort, is there any update on the weight of new Innova. Should be lesser than the previous generation I believe.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pavi (Post 5444562)
The front looks more SUVish than a MPV. As the transition to monocoque might have improved the driving dynamics and comfort, is there any update on the weight of new Innova. Should be lesser than the previous generation I believe.

I saw in one of the reviews that it's around 200 kgs lighter than the crysta.

Quote:

--is there any update on the weight of new Innova. Should be lesser than the previous generation I believe.

It is ~ 170 kg lesser than the previous Gen.

Quote:

The use of that platform makes the Kijang Innova Zenix weigh 170 kg from its predecessor.
Quote:

Claimed to Penetrate 21 Km per Liter

Link

Quote:

is there any update on the weight of new Innova. Should be lesser than the previous generation I believe.

Goverment documents from Indonesia revealed the weight of the Innova Zenix, 1,555 kg for V Petrol and 1,695 kg for Q Hybrid. Other trims remains to be seen. The Crysta weighs between 1,700 kg to 1,930 kg.

Quote:

Originally Posted by amalji (Post 5444566)
I saw in one of the reviews that it's around 200 kgs lighter than the crysta.

Quote:

Originally Posted by volkman10 (Post 5444587)
It is ~ 170 kg lesser than the previous Gen.

Link

Crysta was 200kgs heavier than the old innova it replaced, said the then test drive and other reports 7 years ago. I still remember reading this.

So if the new hybrid is 170-200kg lesser than the Crysta it should weigh the same as the old innova.

Couldn't find the total torque figure on the hybrid. Without the electric motor it looks less. Also I think they will use NiMH battery like other Toyota hybrids ? Going back from Li-ion on the HyRyder. But should feel safe though

Toyota Innova Hycross won’t get a manual gearbox, all variants will come with eCVT/CVT automatic gearbox only

Quote:

- Two seat configurations and five variants

- Top three variants to get hybrid powertrain

- Two lower variants will get non-hybrid version of the same powertrain

- Will be sold as a seven or an eight seater

- The seven seat configuration will come with two captain’s chairs for the second row with ottoman function while the eight seat layout will have bench seats for the second and third row.

- Toyota will provide three point seat belts for all passengers.
Source

An engine update:

The M20A gasoline engine is manufactured in India and is also being exported to Indonesia for the Innova Zenix.

Hope the engine being manufactured in India gives some advantage to the HyCross in terms of pricing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandeepmohan (Post 5444530)
If this new Innova Petrol Hybrid can return 15kmpl on a tankful of gas in the Urban cycle, thats really something for a 7 seat vehicle and one that weighs close to 2tons! This is the sort of mileage 5 seat direct injection turbo petrol C-SUV's manage on the highway!

The 2.4l diesel manages about 10Kmpl in the city cycle or a range of about 550km on a tankful of gas. At 15kmpl, you're looking at an increased DTE range of an extra 275km, worst case. If this ain't good enough, its best to skip the Hybrid camp altogether and go straight to an EV.

Anyway; I would not jump to any conclusions from a picture of a gauge cluster of a brand new vehicle that has <200km on its odometer. We do not know the vehicles operating status which lead to that figure. Once the car hits the road, we will know.

Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled-screenshot-20221124-7.26.12-pm.png

My friend, look closer. It is not 15kmpl but 15L per 100km. Aka 6kmpl which is why the others are complaining.

But as you said, it is a brand new car which hasn't run enough to calibrate itself and probably spent most of it's time idling or being driven up and down ramps so this is not the correct figure and it is impossible to draw conclusions from it.

Kijang Innova Zenix Hybrid (Battery):

- Battery Innova Zenix Hybrid has a capacity of 6.5 Ah, or if converted, the stored electrical power reaches about 1.6 kWh. This battery is placed under the front seat and center console.

- Innova Zenix battery pack uses a Ni-MH type based on nickel material. (Considering the weather conditions in Indonesia)

- Nickel batteries are claimed to be shockproof and heat resistant, unlike lithium batteries which have a large discharge with greater heat temperatures as well.

- Toyota also provides a battery warranty Innova Zenix Hybrid for 8 years or 160,000 km, depending on which one comes first.

- Kijang Innova Zenix Hybrid batteries are still imported.

- Toyota targets 3000 units/ month for the Zenix.

Link

Quote:

Originally Posted by Venkatesh (Post 5444993)
Toyota Innova Hycross won’t get a manual gearbox, all variants will come with eCVT/CVT automatic gearbox only

Source

Targeting fleet operators (as per Autocar article linked) with base variant looks unlikely. Which fleet operator would buy such big car with NA Petrol engine and CVT gear box?

Looks like they are planning to target segment above current Crysta and some variants of Hycross may overlap with top end AT.