Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2022, 13:17   #1
Senior - BHPian

Kia offers legal expense & engine protection on Carens

Kia India has announced a range of aftersales packages for the Carens as part of the 'My Convenience Plus' program.

Kia offers legal expense & engine protection on Carens-kia-carens.jpg

The 'My Convenience Plus' initiative offers a bundled package that covers maintenance, extended warranty and roadside assistance, including tyre and alloy wheel protection. It also offers inflation protection in service costs.

Customers can choose between two packages - Premium and Luxury, which offer coverage for 4 and 5 years respectively.

Kia is also offering three schemes providing industry-first benefits. These are as follows:
  • Care Shield offers an almost no question asked accidental repair option.
  • Care Shield+ offers reimbursement of expenses up to Rs. 1 lakh, incurred while defending legal claims as a result of an accident. It offers coverage for up to 2 events.
  • Engine protection for problems arising from incorrect refuelling by the customer.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 17th March 2022 at 13:19.
TusharK is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 17th March 2022, 13:34   #2
BHPian

Re: Kia offers legal expense & engine protection on Carens

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post

[*]Care Shield+ offers reimbursement of expenses up to Rs. 1 lakh, incurred while defending legal claims as a result of an accident. It offers coverage for up to 2 events.

Link to Team-BHP News

Isn't the legal case handled (payout + legal fee) by the insurance company? I thought that is what the comprehensive insurance does.
Dhillon is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th March 2022, 15:40   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Kia India has announced a range of aftersales packages for the Carens as part of the 'My Convenience Plus' program.
Here are the details of 'My Convenience Plus' program:

Kia offers legal expense & engine protection on Carens-kia-mcp.jpg
Knightrider is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th March 2022, 16:04   #4
BHPian

Great to see manufacturer's offering cobined extended Warranty + Maintanence care packages. Any idea of how much would these packages cost on the Carens?
Old 17th March 2022, 20:53   #5
BHPian

Getting details on My Convenience Plus seems to be harder than spotting an Yeti.

I spoke to my SA, his superior(s), the head of their ASC and Kia customer support (via their toll-free number). None of them have a clue on what this package is. Everyone was explaining about the old 'My convenience' package and no one even has a clue that the plus package even existed. I even pointed out that even the official brochure has a mention on this. I showed them the image posted above on T-BHP. Still, no one has a clue. I tried the social media route and Kia India took that as a complaint against my dealer

I finally gave-up and opted for the 5 yrs/1L kms extended warranty.
furyrider is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th March 2022, 22:46   #6
BHPian

Insurance takes care of the monetary payout but not the costs incurred by driver and owner in defending the Accident compensation case. Plus insurance wouldn’t cover legal expenses for defending criminal cases against driver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhillon View Post
Isn't the legal case handled (payout + legal fee) by the insurance company? I thought that is what the comprehensive insurance does.
setuniket is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th March 2022, 22:46   #7
BHPian

Quote:
  • Care Shield offers an almost no question asked accidental repair option.
  • Care Shield+ offers reimbursement of expenses up to Rs. 1 lakh, incurred while defending legal claims as a result of an accident. It offers coverage for up to 2 events.
  • Engine protection for problems arising from incorrect refuelling by the customer.
So in a way Kia is entering into Car Insurance. Without much details known, on the face of it- it appears the regular car insurance becomes partly redundant with these plans.

I am guessing the coverage will be actually done by a regular insurance provider in the back end for Kia.

Last edited by pacman2881 : 17th March 2022 at 22:49.
pacman2881 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th March 2022, 23:40   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by furyrider View Post
Getting details on My Convenience Plus seems to be harder than spotting an Yeti.

I spoke to my SA, his superior(s), the head of their ASC and Kia customer support (via their toll-free number). None of them have a clue on what this package is. Everyone was explaining about the old 'My convenience' package and no one even has a clue that the plus package even existed. I even pointed out that even the official brochure has a mention on this. I showed them the image posted above on T-BHP. Still, no one has a clue. I tried the social media route and Kia India took that as a complaint against my dealer

I finally gave-up and opted for the 5 yrs/1L kms extended warranty.
It is a new package launched only for the Carens. It is not available for the Seltos/Sonet/Carnival and is quite different to the existing "My Convenience" package. It will take the dealership staff to get over the confusion.

For anyone interested, it has to be taken at the time of vehicle sale only. It cannot be opted for later during a service.
sf71hvettel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2022, 00:04   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sf71hvettel View Post
For anyone interested, it has to be taken at the time of vehicle sale only. It cannot be opted for later during a service.
Unfortunately in my case, I cannot avail this since Kia themselves did not provide any details on this. I've been following up for the past week or so and all they do is to transfer the matter to my dealership who is equally clueless about it. My vehicle has already arrived at the dealership and there is nothing I can do except for opting for an extended warranty.
furyrider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2022, 08:14   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhillon View Post
These things are important, considering car buyers often get beaten up by the dealer these days.
aerohit is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 18th March 2022, 09:54   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by setuniket View Post
Insurance takes care of the monetary payout but not the costs incurred by driver and owner in defending the Accident compensation case. Plus insurance wouldn’t cover legal expenses for defending criminal cases against driver.
I don't think that Kia would pay to defend legal expenses involving criminal cases against the driver or owner (Eg: DRIVING UNDER INFLUENCE), even if they do there must be a "UPTO" or "MAX" they would pay. There must be more in the fine prints to read before we assume.
Old 18th March 2022, 10:00   #12
BHPian

Well I didn’t imply they would. The reply was just to indicate what vanilla insurance doesn’t cover.

Even the comparative table doesn’t indicate the nature of coverage, obviously fine print is the key.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOUNTAINMAN View Post
I don't think that Kia would pay to defend legal expenses involving criminal cases against the driver or owner (Eg: DRIVING UNDER INFLUENCE), even if they do there must be a "UPTO" or "MAX" they would pay. There must be more in the fine prints to read before we assume.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks