Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2022, 00:15   #526
Senior - BHPian

re: Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbaiker View Post
Hyryder is D22. That's the message I got when I registered interest on the Toyota website.
Attachment 2327164

The URL of the banner image on the homepage also says D22.

https://static2.toyotabharat.com/ima...epage/banners/d22-homepage-banner-1920x807.jpg?v=24062022

https://www.toyotabharat.com/showroom/d22/ also redirects to Toyota India | IT'S HY TIME (toyotabharat.com)

Last edited by ashwin.terminat : 30th June 2022 at 00:23.
ashwin.terminat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2022, 04:37   #527
BHPian

re: Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
Tried sending you a DM but could not. Can you turn on DM via Email?
Enabled please check
Old 30th June 2022, 06:21   #528
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbaiker View Post
Hyryder is D22. That's the message I got when I registered interest on the Toyota website.
Attachment 2327164
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
The URL of the banner image on the homepage also says D22.

https://static2.toyotabharat.com/ima...epage/banners/d22-homepage-banner-1920x807.jpg?v=24062022

https://www.toyotabharat.com/showroom/d22/ also redirects to Toyota India | IT'S HY TIME (toyotabharat.com)
That is weird of them to mention the D22 code instead of the brand name.

Or is it because they haven't unveiled the name yet?
Old 30th June 2022, 06:39   #529
BHPian

My sense is that they will be overpricing the strong hybrid variants, while keeping the mild hybrids priced decently. The reason why I think so is that the strong hybrids are technologically different and fairly untested in the Indian market.

Further, the service centres would also need to be trained/ equipped with the know how to be able to handle the service/ maintenance aspects, which itself would be a huge effort. They would not want to risk their image built over decades by attempting to scale up rapidly in a new space rapidly and risking dilution of their perception.

I have generally seen that the Japanese are overly thorough, and focus on treading very cautiously.

But, I secretly wish this turns out to be incorrect, as that will increase the adoption rate of the strong hybrids.

Even though strong hybrids have been there in the rest of the world, I would consider it their day one in India, with the arrival of the Honda City hybrid, and now the HYRyder. We are also hearing about it being introduced in Crysta in near future. I know these have been there in a couple of other models like Camry, but it is far from mainstream.

I sense that this technology will be gradually replacing diesel cars, and serve as the bridge between ICE and EC, till the EV infrastructure scales up.

Last edited by Eddy : 30th June 2022 at 09:21. Reason: Please do not use ackronyms for car names. HC = Honda City etc. Thanks
Old 30th June 2022, 07:42   #530
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayc123 View Post
Further, the service centres would also need to be trained/ equipped with the know how to be able to handle the service/ maintenance aspects, which itself would be a huge effort.
They already have camry so staff already knows how to service hybrids. And hybrid or not every new car requires training of staff on both sales and service, so this is covered

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayc123 View Post
Even though strong hybrids have been there in the rest of the world, I would consider it their day one in India
Again not day one as camry is on sale for quite sometime now. Day 1 for mainstream, yes I agree
Old 30th June 2022, 08:51   #531
BHPian

Toyota can't simply price it out of the market. Seltos facelift was already revealed globally with ADAS and AWD. Creta too might follow. It is not an easy game with Koreans. Toyota is specifically weak in the department of bells and whistles.
https://www.rushlane.com/2022-kia-se...-12427786.html

Last edited by Hickstead : 30th June 2022 at 09:05. Reason: Corrections
Old 30th June 2022, 09:16   #532
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickstead View Post
Toyota can't simply price it out of the market. Seltos facelift was already revealed globally with ADAS and AWD. Creta too might follow. It is not an easy game with Koreans. Toyota is specifically weak in the department of bells and whistles.
https://www.rushlane.com/2022-kia-se...-12427786.html
The Seltos always had ADAS and AWD since beginning, it's not new, just not the Indian version which is pretty much a different, simpler car. All I'm saying is it's not indicative whether the Indian Seltos facelift will get either of these features.

Last edited by Astargea : 30th June 2022 at 09:21.
Astargea is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th June 2022, 09:34   #533
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astargea View Post
The Seltos always had ADAS and AWD since beginning, it's not new, just not the Indian version which is pretty much a different, simpler car. All I'm saying is it's not indicative whether the Indian Seltos facelift will get either of these features.
If Toyota over prices Hyryder, that gives enough room for Koreans too to jack up the prices and bring those international variants to India. In this segment, Koreans have better reach in the market compared to Toyota, even later offers Hybrid technology.
Old 30th June 2022, 09:38   #534
BHPian

Toyota have their authority in D and MUV segments, but they are no where in cars segment in India as compared to rest of world. The pact with Suzuki was seen as a dead play by many since it did not bring any value. But with the AWD + Hybrid move in the crossover segment, I am sure they are here for a long haul.

Snip of what our fellow BHP-ians felt on Toyota based on the May sales

Quote:
TOYOTA : Just keep giving us INNOVA and Fortuner.We really dont expect anything else now.

Toyota happy with what they do, selling overpriced Innova & Fortuner. Maruti cars getting them some good, much needed numbers.

Toyota are content with rebadging Suzukis and overpricing literally everything.
My faith in Toyota is deep rooted, one good car can change the whole playground for them. Hope they don't make the same mistake they did with exorbitant Prius (both here and in US when launched) pricing.
warp_10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2022, 10:15   #535
BHPian

IMO, It is more of a make or break condition for Suzuki & Toyota.
In case they price it well , Suzuki cracks the C-SUV segment & fights head on with the Koreans & VAG's in a new mass market money spinning segment .As far as Toyota goes , they get a foothold too in a new segment . Else, they will only keep selling 30+ lakhs OTR vehicles & remain niche.
I don't think they will mess this up with a exorbitant pricing if they are really serious about Indian market & thinking of a long run. The only USP is see in a hyryder here is AWD & Hybrid system. I am not very sure what % of customers would really think that as an advantage & go for it . May be the Big T badge may attract a few for their service & customer focus .
Even the overall length will remain less than the Korean & VAG twins if it is a Vitara platform. Size wise it will look small. Visual perception matters a lot too. I am even not sure if they can load bells & whistles as much as the Koreans can. So they can be on a backfoot in these 2 areas too.
I Strongly feel the prices should not be more than 15L Ex-showroom for a T-Hyryder.

Last edited by motor spirit : 30th June 2022 at 10:16.
motor spirit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2022, 10:21   #536
BHPian

Although claims have been made that Hyryder is based on the Suzuki Vitara platform I personally believe that it is based on the new 2022 Suzuki S-Cross.
Maruti would sell this as S-Cross but Toyota has badged it with Hyryder. In Uk there is a 4 wheel drive variant of S-Cross on sale. I think Toyota is planning to launch it here with this badging.
amiya.c is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th June 2022, 10:45   #537
BHPian

When we are seeing part sharing with Baleno which retails below 10 lakhs, these companies also know that they can't charge unsubstantiated premium
Old 30th June 2022, 11:07   #538
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varun_G View Post
I don't understand the mass hatred against the Korean twins on this forum. Granted they have cut multiple corners while selling cars in the Indian market, but they have also come up with innovative features time and again to keep the competitors on their toes. Remember the good old Maruti days when you essentially bought a moving tin box with no frills. Now at least you can buy a tin box at a decent price with multiple comfort options! Also, not all Hyundai/Kia cars are poorly designed. Creta has scored a decent 4 stars in GNCAP while Venue has scored the same in ANCAP. Seltos had scored a solid 5 but sadly Indian version was degraded to a mere 3!
I agreed that we shouldn't hate those makers so much considering the number of Korean twins on the Indian roads. If you don't like them, don't buy. We had Verna for a brief period and I loved that car for its driving capabilities.
Old 30th June 2022, 11:28   #539
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amiya.c View Post
Although claims have been made that Hyryder is based on the Suzuki Vitara platform I personally believe that it is based on the new 2022 Suzuki S-Cross.
Maruti would sell this as S-Cross but Toyota has badged it with Hyryder. In Uk there is a 4 wheel drive variant of S-Cross on sale. I think Toyota is planning to launch it here with this badging.
Both the S-Cross and the Vitara, and even the Brezza are based on the same Suzuki C Platform.

The upcoming UC Hyryder and its Maruti Counterpart, which will be called Vitara in all probabilities, are heavily updated versions of the European Vitara, just like the Baleno, SCross and the Brezza here are heavily updated versions of their predecessor.
Old 30th June 2022, 13:14   #540
BHPian

Just got a call from dealer that car will be in display in showroom only on 2nd and 3rd. Given that manufacturing is in Karnataka, the car must be already received by dealer or in transit. Wonder why the spy shots of actual car are not out there
VicksJ is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks