Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2022, 15:48   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Dzire CNG bookings open unofficially

My reference was related to the vehicle stalling in CNG mode if that black plastic cap is removed.
Old 28th August 2022, 11:07   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ar.abc View Post
I have a booking for Dzire vxi CNG. As I am waiting for the car delivery, I already shared my concern about the loose cap with the sales advisor. The dealership has told me that they can remove the connection (simply disconnect and not cut any wires) to the micro switch from inside. The micro switch will not function and the engine remains on in an event when someone either steals the cap or removes the cap intentionally for whatever reasons/motives. The dealership said this will not impact warranty as they are not cutting any wires but simply deactivating the switch. They have done this with another customer who owns an Eeco CNG model which also comes with such loose cap.

Should I get the switch deactivated from the dealer and take the car? Kindly suggest if there could be any problems with this.

Did you go ahead with this disconnection of dust cap connector? If yes, please let us know the feedback or concerns with regards to the same.

My BIL has brought Dzire VXI CNG for commercial usage in cab business and we’re concerned due to exposed CNG filler cap. The car is absolutely perfect for commercial usage otherwise and is a much better choice than Aura and Tigor with respect to economics of commercial usage. I drove it for 60 kilometres and engine response is flawless in CNG mode.

Another detail shared my Maruti salesperson during delivery is that dust cap is connected to an internal mechanism and if it is lost, the entire CNG filling mechanism needs replacement which comes at a steep cost of approximately Rs 19000.

Furthermore, we were told that the car could be started in CNG mode as well if we ever run out of Petrol. The fuel switch has to be pressed and held for at least 30 seconds which would ensure there’s enough CNG supplied to engine for the ignition to work.
sarav100 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2022, 11:16   #18
BHPian

On YouTube I have seen a video of a person who owns a Dzire CNG, he has done a jugaad of using the cap of 20L water bottles, the ones that are put on top of a water dispenser. He uses those caps, makes a hole in the cap and fits them on the outside port and it keeps the micro switch pressed and the car runs normally. The cap is used inverted to what it is used on the bottle. He keeps the original cap inside his car.

Does anyone know how much that filler cap costs at MGP?
yogiii is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2022, 16:08   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarav100 View Post
Did you go ahead with this disconnection of dust cap connector? If yes, please let us know the feedback or concerns with regards to the same.

My BIL has brought Dzire VXI CNG for commercial usage in cab business and we’re concerned due to exposed CNG filler cap. The car is absolutely perfect for commercial usage otherwise and is a much better choice than Aura and Tigor with respect to economics of commercial usage. I drove it for 60 kilometres and engine response is flawless in CNG mode.

Another detail shared my Maruti salesperson during delivery is that dust cap is connected to an internal mechanism and if it is lost, the entire CNG filling mechanism needs replacement which comes at a steep cost of approximately Rs 19000.

Furthermore, we were told that the car could be started in CNG mode as well if we ever run out of Petrol. The fuel switch has to be pressed and held for at least 30 seconds which would ensure there’s enough CNG supplied to engine for the ignition to work.
Hi. I cancelled my booking for dzire zxi cng. The sales person informed me that since the micro switch is a safety feature mandated by the government, the dealer cannot make it direct without affecting the warranty of the car. The customer can do it from outside market or from the dealer unofficially without written record after warranty period is over. So making the micro switch connection direct was not an option for me. And honestly I wouldnt want to end up on the wrong side by tampering with a safety mechanism in a newly bought car used for personal and family use.

I have no idea about replacing entire internal mechanism and all. My sales person told me the loose black cap is available as a MGA part. It can be bought separately and fitted. They have done it for some customers who were left stranded after cap was stolen.

Regarding car starting in cng mode without petrol, that is true for all maruti factory fitted cng cars. i have done it in my car as an emergency measure. Rats had chewed off some wires that supplied power to fuel injector or something (pardon my technical ignorance). Since cng supply was working, I had to start car in cng mode and reach workshop. This has no relation to fuel cap. If the fuel cap is lost then car wont start, unless the micro switch is pressed in position.
ar.abc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2022, 16:10   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogiii View Post
On YouTube I have seen a video of a person who owns a Dzire CNG, he has done a jugaad of using the cap of 20L water bottles, the ones that are put on top of a water dispenser. He uses those caps, makes a hole in the cap and fits them on the outside port and it keeps the micro switch pressed and the car runs normally. The cap is used inverted to what it is used on the bottle. He keeps the original cap inside his car.

Does anyone know how much that filler cap costs at MGP?
Salute to the person who has done this jugaad! Must be very desperate to drive only a dzire cng. Is it really worth doing all this circus in a new 10 lakh rupees car?! Maybe for some people it makes sense.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks