Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2022, 17:10   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rumour: VW Polo & Vento production to end in Q2, 2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Will Volkswagen India launch another limited edition Polo before the end of the production?
I'm not denying that, in fact, I will be surprised if they don't, but I'm quite sure the message is referring to the launch of the Virtus.
Old 26th February 2022, 05:53   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ashish Gupta, VW Brand Director, hints it’s not a Goodbye for the Polo.

Source
Quote:
Will Volkswagen India launch another limited edition Polo before the end of the production?

Source
Two contradictory statements back to back by VW. Hope they bring Brazilian spec model here.
amol4184 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2022, 19:45   #48
Senior - BHPian

To give the iconic hatch a befitting farewell, Volkswagen India will be launching a special farewell edition of Polo in April.

Rumour: VW Polo & Vento production to end in Q2, 2022-screenshot_20220309195121_youtube.jpg

Polo farewell edition will be the last special edition. Expected to get body graphics and bespoke design touches.

Video time stamp 9:10 - 10:30

Last edited by Venkatesh : 9th March 2022 at 19:57.
Venkatesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th March 2022, 08:35   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Polo farewell edition will be the last special edition. Expected to get body graphics and bespoke design touches.
Body graphics?? That's the last thing I would want on that clean body of the Polo!

Why not give it the 1.5 TSi DSG, VW India?? Now, that will be a proper farewell edition!
deetjohn is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th March 2022, 15:16   #50
Senior - BHPian

Rumour : With the current-gen Polo’s production ending soon, Volkswagen's India chief has ruled out local manufacturing of the new Polo but has hinted the GTI hot hatch version could be imported in limited numbers.

Name:  20210630040041_pologti99.jpg
Views: 601
Size:  43.3 KB

Link (Rumour : VW Polo could return as an import in GTI form)

Last edited by Venkatesh : 11th March 2022 at 15:19.
Venkatesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2022, 15:37   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sal View Post
Well, that's disappointing..
I have booked the Polo H+ in the 1st week of Feb, with a really long waiting period of 4-6 months.

I am not sure what's next, should I wait and expect to be lucky to get this legend delivered to me? or wait for VW to call me after 4 months to inform me that Polo will no longer be available..

Or simply just cancel the booking and look for something else?
I feel like you should wait. The car is worth it. I have booked mine even later, so I'm in a very similar situation as you are.

Further, they have not stopped bookings entirely, even right now. Besides, a Farewell Edition for the Polo has also been announced recently. So by logic, I don't think that they have ended production yet, though it is going to happen very soon.

However, I have been observing that the number of dealerships taking bookings for the Polo are consistently reducing, and so have the color options. Since you have already booked your car, you have already taken the first step. Stay in contact with your sales person/dealership. They will keep you updated.

We'd be waiting for the good news from your side! I really wish that you get this awesome car! Cheers!

Last edited by Siddy_1998 : 19th March 2022 at 15:44.
Old 30th March 2022, 15:46   #52

I have ordered a Polo GT TSI after they announced that the production has stopped. If you call them up they'll tell you they aren't taking any more bookings but when I went to the dealership they booked one for me. We couldn't choose the colour. It'll either be white, grey or silver.

Its been a month and only Trendline and Comfortline models are coming. Today the SA told me we might be able to get the Farewell Edition.

Farewell Edition is rumoured to come with body decals and bespoke alloys. I'm not a fan of decals on cars and I love the current 16 inch rims. I hope they don't mess it up.
Old 30th March 2022, 19:41   #53
BHPian

I called a couple of VW dealers here in Hyderabad today, to ask for a friend. One of them offered a Comfortline TSI AT available for immediate delivery (along with a modest 20K discount), while other variants have a waiting period of around 3 months. I asked if the production of Polo was going to end, to which his response was "If the Polo is withdrawn then what will we sell? It's not like everyone buys the Taigun. The Polo still has a lot of enquiries and people love it. Maybe the lower variants will be removed after this anniversary edition is announced, but that's about it. This is here to stay for atleast the next year."
Old 4th April 2022, 09:48   #54
BHPian

Quote:
The Volkswagen Polo will bow out in India with one last celebratory edition based on the GT TSI - the Polo Legend Edition.
Attachment 2291967

Attachment 2291968

Attachment 2291969

Source: https://twitter.com/autocarindiamag/...75qvGiS2A&s=19

Quote:
Volkswagen India celebrates Polo’s 12 anniversary with the launch of the Polo Legend edition. This new trim is based on the top-spec GT TSI variant which is powered by a 1.0-litre TSI engine that produces 109bhp at 5,000rpm and 175Nm of torque at 1,750rpm. This engine comes mated to a six-speed automatic torque converter.

Visually, the newly introduced Volkswagen Polo Legend edition gets side body graphics, black trunk garnish, and black roof foil to give it a sportier look. Additionally, it also sports ‘Legend’ edition badges on the fender and the boot. The other styling elements have been retained from the regular GT TSI variant. It is worth noting that the Polo Legend edition is offered in limited numbers and available across 151 Volkswagen dealerships in the country.
Source: https://www.carwale.com/news/volkswa...ched-in-india/

Last edited by @og_adi : 4th April 2022 at 10:18. Reason: Adding extra info
Old 8th April 2022, 15:01   #55
BHPian

This is a beautiful good bye letter from Polo by VW India. Nice touch.

Confirms the end of production. @mods please change the thread title accordingly. Also, rumours of Fabia equivalent or another hatchback is practically over because the last part says clearly that the successors will be SUVW and Sedans.
Attached Thumbnails
Rumour: VW Polo & Vento production to end in Q2, 2022-4c4351a42af14e1795a73591da6a0e10.jpeg  

Last edited by CoolFire : 8th April 2022 at 15:08.
CoolFire is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 8th April 2022, 15:17   #56
BANNED

Get some feels for sure. I sure do love my car and it feels oddly satisfying that there was no new gen. The car never felt out of date. Looking forward to the GTI. Missed out on the last one.
Old 10th May 2022, 08:11   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

Won't launch small cars as rules prohibitive: VW

VW will make cars only for the urban markets as it does not have competitively priced cars which are the need for the success in rural and semi-urban markets.

Volkswagen has said that it will not launch small cars in India, following the phase-out of Polo, as the current regulations mandating their body length to under four metres for availing lower GST rate are restrictive and "prohibitive" in nature.

Link
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th May 2022, 09:14   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Won't launch small cars as rules prohibitive: VW
Good decision, in my opinion. It is better for VW to play according to its strengths rather than trying to compete with Suzuki, Hyundai and Tata. They will always be able to price their cars well since they have significant India-specific volume. It would not make sense for VW to make watered-down models to compete in this segment. That will just result in loss of brand value.

I think this is what every foreign manufacturer who wants to play in India should do. Play according to their strength and target the segment upwards of 10L. There is enough volume there now.
Old 10th May 2022, 18:40   #59
BHPian

Maybe not the right thread to raise this but the VW statement again brings into question India's 4 meter rule that forces car manufacturers to resort to all sorts of monkey tricks. The rule I believe is already close to 15 years old.

I have a Polo by the way and I've been meaning to upgrade to a bigger car (with a bigger family) but now i'm cleaved because I don't want to give this up also.

Last edited by Abhejit : 10th May 2022 at 18:41.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks