Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2022, 00:23   #16
MMV
BHPian

Re: 2023 Toyota Innova spied ahead of launch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidban85 View Post
A diesel Innova Crysta could be a good investment with 1 -2 year time horizon. May even outperform Sensex. Haha.
You bet , I will go all in too!
This news reaffirms my belief that 2.8G/Z Innova is a masterpiece to be grabbed at a good price. In fact 2.8L BSIV is arguably the best performing Diesel engine in sub 50 lakh price point.
MMV is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2022, 13:04   #17
BHPian

Toyota heavily depends on part sharing between the Innova, the Fortuner and now the Hilux. Because they all share the Hilux's body-on-frame platform, similar powertrains and similar drivetrains. It seems highly unlikely for the new Innova to be a FWD, monocoque vehicle.
mohitchalla is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2022, 08:13   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMV View Post
In fact 2.8L BSIV is arguably the best performing Diesel engine in sub 50 lakh price point.
The BSVI 2.4 engine may not be as much of a performer by numbers perse but felt two notches better in overall NVH and refinement than the older 2.8 engine. With a brief test drive last weekend I'm already convinced it will be a worthy upgrade from our aging first generation Innova.

Coming from the amazingly refined 1.6 CRDI in the Verna the noise from the older 2.8 engine in the cabin with the artificially heavy steering and gated gearshifts made the overall experience feel a bit rudimentary when I test drove the BSIV Innova Crysta twice as a possible replacement to the Verna.

However from financial perspective alone the GX trim with the added features back in 2018 for 19 lacs onroad with the autobox and without speed chimes and BSVI regeneration fuss would have been a better decision.

Last edited by manson : 23rd February 2022 at 08:28.
manson is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2022, 12:35   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
The BSVI 2.4 engine may not be as much of a performer by numbers perse but felt two notches better in overall NVH and refinement than the older 2.8 engine. With a brief test drive last weekend I'm already convinced it will be a worthy upgrade from our aging first generation Innova.

Coming from the amazingly refined 1.6 CRDI in the Verna the noise from the older 2.8 engine in the cabin with the artificially heavy steering and gated gearshifts made the overall experience feel a bit rudimentary when I test drove the BSIV Innova Crysta twice as a possible replacement to the Verna.

However from financial perspective alone the GX trim with the added features back in 2018 for 19 lacs onroad with the autobox and without speed chimes and BSVI regeneration fuss would have been a better decision.
I second with all what you have posted. Especially the engine compared to modern diesels & gated gear shifter on automatic variant. Moreover, I felt everytime you change from drive to reverse & vice versa, there's noticeable jerk (maybe that's something with the test drive car).

I however I believe the 2.8 could have been a better option considering extra power (power to weight ratio).
Old 23rd February 2022, 13:24   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Exactly my thoughts. Though 19 itself seems bloated but current 24 lacs seems absurd for GX auto. But there is no stopping Innova even after price hikes, what else can we do other than pray for more Vitamin M in our bank.
varunswnt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2022, 14:56   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Offtopic

Quote:
True. Music system, electric folding mirrors, puddle lamps and cruise control for the automatic. Also the rear defogger has not been yet removed.

Though, the one thing that the BSVI gets is standard ESP and Hill start assist. That ESP alone makes up for the irritating speed chimes, DPF stuff and removal of rear defogger.
DicKy is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks