Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2022, 16:12   #1
Senior - BHPian

Rumour: Maruti WagonR facelift launch next month

According to a media report, the Maruti Suzuki WagonR is set to get a mid-life facelift next month.

Rumour: Maruti WagonR facelift launch next month-marutisuzukiwagonrfront.jpg

The report states that the WagonR is likely to receive minor cosmetic updates, including 15-inch alloy wheels. Maruti might also offer new exterior colour options.

While the interior of the 2022 WagonR will be largely similar to the outgoing version, it could get new upholstery. The 7-inch touchscreen infotainment will be carried over unchanged. It could also get features like idle start/stop and hill hold assist (AMT).

The updated WagonR will be mechanically identical to the outgoing car. It will be offered with 1.0-litre and 1.2-litre petrol engines paired with either a 5-speed manual or 5-speed AMT. The hatchback will also get a factory-fitted CNG option.

Source: Cardekho

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 31st January 2022 at 16:15.
TusharK is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 31st January 2022, 17:34   #2

Re: Rumour: Maruti WagonR facelift launch next month

The Wagon R in its current avatar is selling in good numbers, I am not sure what's thought process behind releasing minor cosmetic upgrades! The tallboy design of Wagon R has attracted Indian car buyers for decades now and it will continue to do even without the so called facelift. Could it be related to justifying price rise (I am sure the facelifted version will come at a premium)?
Old 31st January 2022, 19:58   #3
BHPian

They may introduce a new variant called "ZXI+" and add the below features in the facelift launch.

1. 15" inch Alloys
2. Push button start/stop
3. Reverse Camera
4. Automatic climate control
5. Leather wrapped Steering Wheel
6. Leather wrapped Gear Knob

Last edited by GTO : 1st February 2022 at 07:54. Reason: Typo
JacksonStorm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2022, 20:44   #4
Senior - BHPian

I just got mine delivered two days ago and the only feature I would miss is the hill hold assist.

I was waiting for it be introduced with the new Celerio's engine. Surprised they haven't added that to the update. But with the already long waiting period, it didn't make sense waiting and guessing.

Last edited by tharian : 31st January 2022 at 20:45.
Old 31st January 2022, 23:53   #5
VIZ
BHPian

Looks like MSIL is full on launch mode. Wish they also start addressing the safety aspects with a good NCAP score for upcoming generations.
Old 1st February 2022, 00:24   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
According to a media report, the Maruti Suzuki WagonR is set to get a mid-life facelift next month.
Does the WagonR even need an update? I mean it is barely 3 years old and doesn't lack anything that the competition offers. Or maybe this is an attempt from MSIL to tackle the updated Tiago which comes with Projector Headlamps and a few more features. After all, Tata is now a way more serious threat to Maruti than Hyundai!

Also, let's hope Maruti does not take this as an opportunity to replace the K12M with the new K10C engine like in the Celerio! Would mess up WagonR's wow factor big time (although a WagonR buyer would not give a damn about the engine!)

Last edited by theAutomaniac : 1st February 2022 at 00:25.
theAutomaniac is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2022, 13:05   #7
BHPian

Wish they tweak the power steering of the facelift version so that its softer and self centering. This is the main concern I have with current model.

Did observe Celerio at MASS and its engine seemed quite silent even with 3 cylinders. If Maruti upgrades the Wagon R lineup with dual VTVT then it would be just awesome.
Old 1st February 2022, 13:16   #8
BHPian

The WagonR AMT I rented a few months back didn't have the creep feature built into it. The Swift AMT I rented a month later had creep and what a difference that made to driving. Forget hill hold, even creep is so much useful on slopes.

The other thing I noticed is the light steering in both the Swift and WagonR. My second generation Dzire has a much better weighed steering despite being electronic.

I wish they could improve these things.

Pradeep
pradkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2022, 23:59   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradkumar View Post
The WagonR AMT I rented a few months back didn't have the creep feature built into it. The Swift AMT I rented a month later had creep and what a difference that made to driving. Forget hill hold, even creep is so much useful on slopes.

The other thing I noticed is the light steering in both the Swift and WagonR. My second generation Dzire has a much better weighed steering despite being electronic.

I wish they could improve these things.

Pradeep
My 2016 Wagon R AMT did have creep. I sold it two weeks back. The light steering was my biggest complaint with the car. I was always nervous driving it on highways.
Old 2nd February 2022, 00:03   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradkumar View Post
It may be because of the engine power. Generally rental vehicles are of the lowest power, so the WagonR could be 1.0 and Swift is 1.2. The gentleman who replied that his WagonR had the creep function can confirm whether he had 1.2L version.
Old 4th February 2022, 07:10   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
It may be because of the engine power. Generally rental vehicles are of the lowest power, so the WagonR could be 1.0 and Swift is 1.2. The gentleman who replied that his WagonR had the creep function can confirm whether he had 1.2L version.
All AMT cars have creep function. The s-presso with the 1 liter engine has it. If any of the doors are not properly shut then creep function won't work. I guess it could be an issue with the door sensor.
Old 4th February 2022, 07:51   #12
BHPian

Im guessing they will do some minor upgrades actually worth 5-6k and bump up the price by 20k. Hope they dont stop offering the 1.2ltr 4 cylinder. The 3 cylinder is sluggish with 5 passengers.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks