Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Do looks matter to you?
Yes 518 76.74%
No 50 7.41%
Depends 107 15.85%
Voters: 675. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 25th January 2022, 20:09   #106
BHPian

Re: Do the looks of a car matter in your purchase decisions?

Voted ''No''. I bought a Vento and selected the same over Verna (Fluidic) and ANHC (which was better looking and more features). But having driving a VW, from Polo days was never able to appreciate the driving dynamics of Verna or ANHC and so bough the Vento which does not look good when compared to the above cars. Another car, which I would have liked to buy would have been Yeti. It got discontinued. Would not call it a good looking car but used to drive very well and have driven it between Chennai and Coimbatore several times and it used to be very fun to drive
Old 25th January 2022, 20:27   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalitha Venkat View Post
Voted ''No''. I bought a Vento and selected the same over Verna (Fluidic) and ANHC (which was better looking and more features)
Vento is no way a bad looking car than the fluidic Verna. Subconsciously you’ve picked the beautiful car while the general consensus made you think the otherwise
varunanb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2022, 18:29   #108

How a car looks definitely is a parameter for all buyer, but how much weightage to be given to that parameter depends on 1) the budget and 2) requirement.

Example:
A middle class family looking to buy a car for daily use within 6-7 lakhs will gladly buy Alto or Wagon R. Both of them are usually not called beautiful, but other aspects - reliability, maintenance cost, mileage etc far outweigh that only aspect.

Similarly, a young college goer or professional will pick Swift, Grand i10 or maybe second hand German cars which are definitely better looking (sportier) than Alto/Wagon R.

And above 15 lakhs segment, there is hardly any bad looking car and this section buyers get influenced by many things - what brand they have used before, what driving style they prefer, space availability etc.

And I believe luxury car buyers' choice are more likely to be affected by looks than anything else. Why - because they can afford higher prices just to get the right model. You wont really spend 1 cr on a 6 cylinder Wagon R, would you?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks