Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2022, 11:44   #1
Senior - BHPian

Jeep Compass Trailhawk facelift launch expected in February 2022

The Jeep Compass facelift was launched in India at the beginning of last year. Now, Jeep is gearing up to introduce the updated Trailhawk. Reports suggest that it could be launched as early as February this year.

Jeep Compass Trailhawk facelift launch expected in February 2022-ct4.jpg

The Trailhawk is a more off-road focused version of the Compass. It comes equipped with hardware that enables it to tackle difficult terrain.

Jeep Compass Trailhawk facelift launch expected in February 2022-ct3.jpg

As part of the cosmetic updates, the Trailhawk will get the same changes as the regular Compass. However, it will have different bumpers and alloy wheels.

Jeep Compass Trailhawk facelift launch expected in February 2022-ct2.jpg

The Compass Trailhawk is likely to be powered by a 2.0-litre 4-cylinder diesel engine paired with a 9-speed automatic transmission and a four-wheel-drive system.

Jeep Compass Trailhawk facelift launch expected in February 2022-ct1.jpg

Source: Autocar India

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 11th January 2022 at 11:49.
TusharK is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 11th January 2022, 12:21   #2
BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass Trailhawk facelift launch expected in February 2022

It will be interesting to see if they have added paddle shifters and tuned the GB for better performance for incremental 3-5 L which they will be asking more
Old 11th January 2022, 12:58   #3
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalitha Venkat View Post
It will be interesting to see if they have added paddle shifters and tuned the GB for better performance for incremental 3-5 L which they will be asking more
Is this (3-5L) indicated anywhere or just a guess? I think given Kodiaq pricing (which will have some bearing at least on Commander / Meridian price) they’ll need to be cautious how much more they charge for the Trailhawk. This is also considering the S has already undergone a hike or too and is anyway sitting above the Limited which was the erstwhile penultimate variant. My sense is this will be within 1.5L of the S variant. I don’t think it makes sense to charge more than that.

I’m still keeping fingers crossed that the top of line Meridian doesn’t come in at more than Kodiaq L&K price or at best within a lakh over it. That doesn’t leave a whole lot of headroom for Trailhawk price.

I also doubt they’ll add paddle shifters to the Trailhawk. I suspect (hope) they will reserve that for the Meridian.
Old 11th January 2022, 13:37   #4
BHPian

If I was them, i'd remove 4x4 from the S/limited variants in auto form and add a manual option for them. The trailhawk can take over the S 4x4's slot
sid3091 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2022, 15:27   #5
BHPian

Interesting times. The Toyota Hilux is also launching around the same time.
Old 11th January 2022, 15:40   #6
BHPian

In India, the 4*4 compass S vs trailhawk - the difference is not significant in terms of performance/capabilities in the normal world. Yes, it may be different in the dedicated off-road trail but not in the real world. So I think a price hike of 1.5 lakhs max is what is justified and not more than that.
Livnletcarsliv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2022, 19:41   #7
BHPian

The model-s already had a 4 low. Is the trailhawk going to pack more driving modes apart from what model-s has or is it going to be something really inviting needs to be seen
Old 11th January 2022, 22:53   #8
Senior - BHPian

The Compass Trailhawk sold elsewhere has a different final drive tacked to it's 9-speed auto giving a lower first gear, hence a better crawl ratio. It also has a "rock crawl" option on the terrain management module.
The front and rear bumpers are also different,(as was the case with the pre-facelift Indian Trailhawk), for better angles of approach and departure. For markets outside India the Trailhawk had exposed tow hooks in front and rear but for India they had to forego it due to homologation norms.

If Jeep prices it sensibly, (question is will they?), they may sell the Trailhawk in double digits per month.

I am sure a section of HiLux buyers, (will be thinking twice), whether to buy a capable Jeep with worthy off road bits which will suffice 95% of their requirements or a adventure pick up which may potentially be a tad bigger in size and may not be always suitable as a "daily driver".

Over to you Jeep.
Old 12th January 2022, 00:21   #9
BHPian

I test drove the Diesel manual twice last year and fell in love with it. I drooled over the red and black Trailhawk, each time I saw one on the roads. The absurd pricing of the Compass facelift made me defer my plan and also shift away from it when I was considering options to replace my Brezza last year. With that, I also realised that the facelift Trailhawk would never make sense considering that it would be priced atleast 2-3 lakh more than the top end variant. In hindsight, considering the pandemic and the value proposition it offers at the price tag, I thought it was a blessing in disguise. Let's really hope that some good sense prevails on Jeep to price the Trailhawk sensibly so that they do not ruin an otherwise great product. We have seen Skoda learning the hard way as is evident from the pricing of the facelifted Kodiak. Trailhawk may be transgressing into the Kodiak territory, though the customer target base is distinct but in real world scenario if 4x4 is a priority, one may choose a Thar/ Gurkha/ V-Cross instead of the Trailhawk.
jbpanda is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th February 2022, 10:29   #10
BHPian

The launch has been delayed to March, it seems, probably due to semiconductor shortage.
Old 9th February 2022, 10:16   #11
Senior - BHPian

Jeep is expected to manufacture the new Compass Trailhawk only in limited numbers for Indian market. The exact number is yet to be announced.

Name:  20220208051808_Jeep_compass_Trailhawk_ACI_spyshot.jpeg
Views: 528
Size:  119.3 KB

Quote:
In terms of a launch timeline, Jeep is slated to introduce the new Compass Trailhawk in the coming weeks, and is expected to price it between Rs 25 lakh-30 lakh (ex-showroom).
Source
Old 18th February 2022, 11:18   #12
Senior - BHPian

Jeep Compass Trailhawk facelift teased on website

Jeep has teased the Compass Trailhawk facelift on the its Indian website. The SUV is expected to be launched later this month.

Jeep Compass Trailhawk facelift launch expected in February 2022-screenshot-20220218-111714.jpg

The Trailhawk is a more off-road focused version of the Compass. It comes equipped with hardware that enables it to tackle difficult terrain.

As part of the cosmetic update, the Trailhawk will get the same changes as the regular Compass. However, it will have different bumpers and alloy wheels.

The Compass Trailhawk is likely to be powered by a 2.0-litre 4-cylinder diesel engine paired with a 9-speed automatic transmission and a four-wheel-drive system.
TusharK is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th February 2022, 13:19   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalitha Venkat View Post
It will be interesting to see if they have added paddle shifters
Don't think so - First the media volume/track buttons need to be moved from the backside of the steering wheel, before paddles could be installed at this location. I guess paddle shifters are not offered in any markets for the current gen compass.
TT-S is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2022, 14:58   #14
BHPian

I think this time the price difference will not be that much. Last time, the trailhawk added low range gearbox option which was not available in other models. I think the 9-speed was first introduced in the trailhawk.

This time the model S in diesel already has the same gearbox that the trailhawk will have. the only difference is in the first gear ratio for the rock mode. apart from that 17 inch wheels and bumpers should not increase the price by much.

I don't se any drastic difference between the AT 4X4 model S vis a vis the trailhawk.

My estimate is that price will be increased between 50-100K at best.

On a side note, I'm really pissed because I bought the model S 4X4 in Nov 21. It would have been perfect for me to drive in the winters here.
R.I.P is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2022, 15:00   #15
BHPian

I am sure it will be 38-40L ONR. That will be an absolutely insane price for a Compass.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks