Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2022, 21:17   #61
BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass Trailhawk facelift launch expected in February 2022

My wife and me had test driven the Compass facelift and loved its interiors and driving dynamics but both of us wanted the top version (S trim) with 4x4 and a manual transmission, which unfortunately is not available as an option. The space at the rear is best suited for 2 adults and may be a kid, so it is not even a proper 5 seater. At this price point, in spite of its handling/ driving dynamics and what it offers, it absolutely did not make sense to buy one as an upgrade for our Brezza. We ultimately deferred our plan in view of the pandemic and decided to consider the Fortuner or the like, when we start looking for a replacement in future again. It is unfortunate that such a beautiful car has been spoilt for the pricing strategy.
jbpanda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2022, 11:00   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbpanda View Post
My wife and me had test driven the Compass facelift and loved its interiors and driving dynamics but both of us wanted the top version (S trim) with 4x4 and a manual transmission, which unfortunately is not available as an option. The space at the rear is best suited for 2 adults and may be a kid, so it is not even a proper 5 seater. At this price point, in spite of its handling/ driving dynamics and what it offers, it absolutely did not make sense to buy one as an upgrade for our Brezza. We ultimately deferred our plan in view of the pandemic and decided to consider the Fortuner or the like, when we start looking for a replacement in future again. It is unfortunate that such a beautiful car has been spoilt for the pricing strategy.
Exactly my thoughts. I really liked Jeep 2021 update but the pricing is off putting when one consider and evaluate other options. No MT in top end trim is really sad. I think 4x2 is perfectly fine for 95% of prospective Indian buyers if the pricing is right. They should take a page from Kia to understand Indian market.
Sachin V.W. is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2022, 13:57   #63
BHPian

I purchased a TrailHawk and got delivery on Saturday. I think mine is first one in India. Initial view I felt initial pick up is bit slow as compared to Compass manual 4X4 that was my ride before. Very much liking interiors and features provided by Jeep.

Here are some initial pictures of my TH

Jeep Compass Trailhawk facelift launch expected in February 2022-img_6630.jpg

Jeep Compass Trailhawk facelift launch expected in February 2022-img_6629.jpg

Jeep Compass Trailhawk facelift launch expected in February 2022-img_6628.jpg

Jeep Compass Trailhawk facelift launch expected in February 2022-img_6627.jpg

Jeep Compass Trailhawk facelift launch expected in February 2022-img_6626.jpg
sameerpb is offline   (37) Thanks
Old 7th March 2022, 14:28   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbpanda View Post
4-5 years ago, a group of us doctors got Landmark to send us a Compass to our hospital for test drive, we presumed peer pressure would work in our favour and help convince our better half’s to part with a kings ransom.
A shining Electric Blue top of the line Compass with two enthusiasts sales rep in their Sunday best came knocking.
The gents all did a quick TD and called our better half to get an approval. The senior most surgeons wife was the first to go, she got the sales pitch and asked “How much?”
“28 on road”
she looked dead in the eye of the better half “Not worth the real estate, put in another 5 and get a Fortuner or Endevour.”
And that is where the TD ended, some ladies did TD but nothing materialised.

PS: I own a Ltd Plus 4x4 now

Last edited by Axe77 : 13th March 2022 at 21:20. Reason: Minor clean up edit.
docted is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 8th March 2022, 20:13   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerpb View Post
I purchased a TrailHawk and got delivery on Saturday. I think mine is first one in India.
Congratulations ! This color looks very elegant on TH. Please post ownership review whenever possible. I'm not into off-roading at all but this is my dream car even though with all its limitations. I hope my wallet and wife will allow one day.

Last edited by Axe77 : 13th March 2022 at 21:20. Reason: Fixing quote box.
Sachin V.W. is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th March 2022, 19:09   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachin V.W. View Post

Congratulations ! This color looks very elegant on TH. Please post ownership review whenever possible. I'm not into off-roading at all but this is my dream car even though with all its limitations. I hope my wallet and wife will allow one day.
One day you will get and opportunity, Even I was in same thoughts 3 years back. That I will own TH someday.

I am planning to write a detailed review may be separate thread , this weekend my first off-road is planned and will be testing stone mode.
sameerpb is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th March 2022, 19:22   #67
BHPian

Congratulations on new Trail Halk it's a real beauty. Is there any difference vs Model S in terms of ride quality and ground clearance?
heydj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2022, 19:50   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by heydj View Post
Congratulations on new Trail Halk it's a real beauty. Is there any difference vs Model S in terms of ride quality and ground clearance?
Suspension set up is different ride feels more stiffer also 1 inch lift is visible. Also I liked infotainment which is far better than old limited version. New Maps feature is good.

Interior has been refreshed as compared to Model S with black and red stitching, dash leather is upgraded and piano black line on dash looks refreshing.

Lastly there are changes to roof rails to avoid niggles from panoramic sun roof.

Last edited by sameerpb : 9th March 2022 at 20:03.
sameerpb is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th March 2022, 20:01   #69
Distinguished - BHPian

New Compass Trailhawk - India’s first production SUV to cross the Great Indian Desert - conquering 1200+ km of unforgiving terrain without any roads.

Venkatesh is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 10th March 2022, 15:50   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
New Compass Trailhawk - India’s first production SUV to cross the Great Indian Desert - conquering 1200+ km of unforgiving terrain without any roads.
Kudos to Jeep India for taking this initiative - does wonders for Trailhawk's market positioning as a go-anywhere SUV

What a lovely SUV! Wish it were priced a little more reasonably
Old 11th March 2022, 19:22   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Kudos to Jeep India for taking this initiative - does wonders for Trailhawk's market positioning as a go-anywhere SUV

What a lovely SUV! Wish it were priced a little more reasonably
I feel they have placed TrailHawk in right place just above Model S and the features they have given are good. Like last time they haven't reduced any of the features.

Good move by Jeep India.
Old 13th March 2022, 19:51   #72
BHPian

Nice.

I have always wondered why does the Trailhawk have the hood decal. Is it just an aesthetic thing or does it serve any practical purpose? I, personally don't like that decal. Just a personal preference. If one were to buy a Trailhawk, can/should that be removed?

The desert is beautiful. I didn't know it had so many different terrains - dirt, rocks, sand etc. Amazing landscape. Someone should make an LOTR type movie set in this desert.
Old 13th March 2022, 21:04   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yashg View Post
Nice.

I have always wondered why does the Trailhawk have the hood decal. Is it just an aesthetic thing or does it serve any practical purpose? I, personally don't like that decal. Just a personal preference. If one were to buy a Trailhawk, can/should that be removed?
Jeep (or at least the SA) does claim that the decal has a purpose - during heavy off-roading the sun's rays can bounce off the metallic paint on the bonnet and blind the driver - the black decal serves to reduce that reflection.

Leaving the above reason aside - I believe the decal mainly serves to differentiate the Trailhawk from the other variants. A completely black version like last year would have sufficed but they really cheapened the look with the addition of the tacky red colour.
solaris007 is online now   (10) Thanks
Old 21st April 2022, 10:17   #74
Senior - BHPian

Jeep Compass Trailhawk waiting period now at 4 months

In February this year, Jeep launched the 2022 Compass Trailhawk in India. Now, the carmaker has revealed that the waiting period for the top-spec variant is currently at 4 months. It is also said that the first lot of the Compass Trailhawk was sold out in less than 2 months.

Jeep Compass Trailhawk facelift launch expected in February 2022-jeep-compass-trailhawk-image1.jpg

Priced at Rs. 30.72 lakh (ex-showroom), the Compass Trailhawk sits at the top of the Compass range. This off-road focused variant comes equipped with a bespoke suspension setup and 17-inch alloy wheels.

The SUV also gets Dynamic Steering Torque (DST), Hill Descent Control, rain-sensing wipers, a 360-degree camera and four terrain modes: Sand, Mud, Snow and Rock.

Powering the Trailhawk is the same 2.0-litre diesel engine that produces 170 BHP and 350 Nm. The engine is paired with a 9-speed automatic transmission and a 4-wheel drive system.

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2022, 11:11   #75

Bangalore dealers told me the same thing sometime back but they were giving a flimsy reason , a dealer in Hyderabad told me the real reason being only a limited # of Trailhawaks were produced out of which 40 were demo vehicles which are also sold out apparently. It seems Jeep-India wants to keep the enthusiasm "high" for Trailhawks by not manufacturing it , Poor strategy IMO!!!
kartoosh is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks