Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2022, 18:52   #106
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 2022 Toyota Camry launched at Rs. 41.70 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by anvay View Post
The wait was not too bad. We booked the car in the end of Feb 2022 and the delivery of car is tomorrow morning .

BTW, here are some pics from the PDI
A very rare and lovely colour

Congratulations on the Camry and wishing you lakhs of happy kilometres.

With the new 8 yrs standard warranty on the battery, the hybrid powertrain will keep you happy for a very long time.

Do share your ownership experience once you’ve used the car a fair bit, there is a dearth of Camry Ownership Reviews.

I will be in the market to replace our Fortuner soon, Camry makes a strong case for itself due to the hybrid powertrain, but only issue I feel will be the ground clearance. How is the ground clearance of the Camry on Bangalore roads?
CEF_Beasts is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2022, 19:09   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
but only issue I feel will be the ground clearance. How is the ground clearance of the Camry on Bangalore roads?
Having test driven this twice extensively on roads with seriously large speed breakers and four people on board, this is my opinion... Its decent, doesn't scrape on any of the monster breakers. However it has a tendency to bottom out if you are not careful and its quiet noticeable too. Not sure if that was an issue with the test car's suspension or if its the norm. That and the average rear air-conditioning on the test car were my only gripe. On every other aspect, it was a pretty good experience.

Last edited by SR-71 : 2nd June 2022 at 19:12.
SR-71 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2022, 19:27   #108
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post
Having test driven this twice extensively on roads with seriously large speed breakers and four people on board, this is my opinion... Its decent, doesn't scrape on any of the monster breakers. However it has a tendency to bottom out if you are not careful and its quiet noticeable too. Not sure if that was an issue with the test car's suspension or if its the norm. That and the average rear air-conditioning on the test car were my only gripe. On every other aspect, it was a pretty good experience.
Air conditioning works in lower power mode and can seem less effective if "eco mode" is turned on. Without eco mode, AC should be pretty good. This is based on my experience with previous gen car, expect it to be the same in new car.

Ground clearance is also decent if you accept it's a sedan. Japanese cars generally tend to sit a bit lower under full load, helps to keep this in mind.

Last edited by androdev : 2nd June 2022 at 19:28.
androdev is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2022, 07:40   #109
BHPian

I have a query for existing Camry users. Toyota sales person is recommending use of regular petrol in Camry, while on similar topic superb / kodiaq users are going for premium petrol. Suggestions?
Old 3rd June 2022, 09:12   #110
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I have a query for existing Camry users. Toyota sales person is recommending use of regular petrol in Camry, while on similar topic superb / kodiaq users are going for premium petrol. Suggestions?
Don't go by what service/sales people say. They usually say regular fuel is good enough for any car. Occasional use is ok. For long term health of the engine, stick to what the use manual says. Someone with new Camry can post what the use manual says about octane rating.

Here is the entry for the prev generation car (regular petrol is ok):

2022 Toyota Camry launched at Rs. 41.70 lakh-img_20220603_090635795.jpg
androdev is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2022, 14:59   #111
BHPian

The Not so little red riding hood is finally with us. I will post a detailed review later. Uploading a few snaps for now.

Ordering Red was a gut feel as we had not seen the colour in person, but absolutely love the glitter in sun.

A shoot out to Ravindu Toyota in Bellandur, Bengaluru. Because of a mistake on delivery date from their side, they gave an additional 10l fuel in the car. I like that they were apologetic and did everything in their capability to make the experience a happy one.

Will post the drive reviews as and when we hit milestones. If all goes well we might go for a Bangalore Delhi drive soon.
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Toyota Camry launched at Rs. 41.70 lakh-img_0166.jpg  

2022 Toyota Camry launched at Rs. 41.70 lakh-img_0167.jpg  

anvay is offline   (45) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2022, 15:03   #112
Senior - BHPian

Checked out the Camry hybrid last week. Build and overall quality is absolutely good. Built like a vault for sure with sturdy doors and panels.

It has a smaller boot (500L plus) for is size compared to the Superb which is 600L plus and huge.
Front overhang is also significant and one could easily scrape the lower bumper area if not careful on our road conditions.

Also it is comfortable for 4 occupants and felt cramped with the three in the back.
Agree that rear mid seat is not a welcome place in most cars, however, space management is a bit on the lower side.

Last edited by for_cars1 : 3rd June 2022 at 15:10.
for_cars1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2022, 15:09   #113
BHPian

Congratulations Anvay on the new car. IMO Camry looks the best in White. To me, Red is looking weird. In any case, looking forward to reading your ownership review on TBHP.
kushagra452 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2022, 15:58   #114
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Ordering Red was a gut feel as we had not seen the colour in person, but absolutely love the glitter in sun.
Great choice. Camry looks fantastic in that Mica Red, and a lovely change from the usual 'corporate' colours. Post lots of pictures please!

Wish you many many hybrid kilometres + years of driving ahead.
itwasntme is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th June 2022, 07:35   #115
BHPian

Congratulations, Anvay. Great and solid choice, brother. IMO, Camry is the best sedan under 60-65 lakhs. Please post full pictures of the car. Camry in red does look striking.
zepp1108 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2022, 10:36   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Camry..
--
However was ~8l worth of difference worth of for hybrid vs non hybrid? We made an excel sheet on estimated ownership cost and booked the Camry.
Congratulations of the highest order

Now that you have booked and got delivery of the car, and since I had also come very, very close to getting one (did extensive test drive and compared it with others), please allow me to share some personal perspectives:

* Do whatever math you want but the Camry, in the long run, will always have one of the lowest total cost of ownerships in its segment. No tension there. Complete peace of mind.

* You will enjoy the most of Camry while meandering in the city limits. The Ni-Mh battery/hybrid setup is just too good and your petrol fuel tank level will be disturbed hardly.

* Don't fret too much over the ground clearance. Just be careful when the car is fully loaded though, and you should be good.

* The ventilated seats are good, should keep your back relatively cool

* However, out on the highway or when you really hit the A-pedal, please don't expect the Camry to be as responsive as other petrol engines in the segment. Same with the suspension feeling, it can be slightly here & there when driven hard, or when cornering

Quote:
Will post the drive reviews as and when we hit milestones. If all goes well we might go for a Bangalore Delhi drive soon.
Looking forward to your detailed initial ownership review and the long drive!
JoshMachine is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 7th June 2022, 12:04   #117

Congratulations on your new car.

I can completely relate to your story here and my search journey for a good car with a budget of 50 lakhs was very very similar. It seems a bit surreal while I wa reading your first post on the Camry.

Having booked the Skoda Kodiaq and then cancelled it (was getting the car in Dec 2022) and then went all across and tried Audi A4, Bmw 2 and 3 series, Skoda Superb but none gave me the confidence as the New Camry. So finally booked in March and the delivery is expected this Month 😊. Will share more once I get the delivery.

By the way, have been following comments and posts on Team BHP for quite a while now but this is my first ever post or comment on the site 😊

Congratulations once more 👍
nikhilbhatia8 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th June 2022, 13:46   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhilbhatia8 View Post
Congratulations on your new car.
What is the color which you have chosen for your camry? What was the waiting period which was conveyed by toyota when you had initially booked the camry.

Quote:
The Not so little red riding hood is finally with us..
Congratulations anway, Camry looks absolutely gorgeous in that red color. It's the best sedan in that price bracket with that unmatched rear seat comfort. Wish you a minimum of 3 lakh kilometers with this red beauty😍.

Last edited by Turbanator : 7th June 2022 at 14:28. Reason: Back to back posts
Old 7th June 2022, 15:47   #119

I have gone for the newly launched colour this year - Metal Stream Metallic
Old 7th June 2022, 19:01   #120
BHPian

Seriously Toyota has 50 Shades of Grey going on with Camry, Red Mica is the only one that stands out. Others are a variation of White and Black or something in between.

2022 Toyota Camry launched at Rs. 41.70 lakh-imgcolorswatch.jpg
Black_Star is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks