Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2022, 15:33   #151
BHPian

Re: 2022 Toyota Camry launched at Rs. 41.70 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadsJourney View Post
Folks

Bought the Camry 2022 around three months ago. I was wondering if any of you got a manual with the car. I asked for it and they pointed to a online resource. I find that irritating that you for a 50 lakhs car they couldn't take the trouble to print it.
I did get a Physical Manual. However it was delivered during HSRP installation.
anvay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2022, 18:30   #152

Quote:
Originally Posted by anvay View Post
I purchased from and rear dash cam from the dealership. It's not as premium as the car and I might change it in future.
======
Thanks
Anvay
Anvay I believe shell v-power is Octane 91, the regular one is 89.

Last edited by Jaggu : 22nd June 2022 at 18:35. Reason: Trimming quoted post
Old 22nd June 2022, 19:00   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Anvay I believe shell v-power is Octane 91, the regular one is 89.
Hey,

AFAIK, regular petrol in India is minimum 91 Octane. V Power is 91 Octane plus some additives which in long run helps clean the cylinders and might lead to some power gains.
In case of Camry I am going for regular petrol from non shell pumps.
Old 23rd June 2022, 04:47   #154
Senior - BHPian

Question for Camry Hybrid owners.
Do your cars have a fan filter installed for cooling the Hybrid battery? Is that user accessible, serviceable?
Old 23rd June 2022, 12:48   #155
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
Question for Camry Hybrid owners.
Do your cars have a fan filter installed for cooling the Hybrid battery? Is that user accessible, serviceable?
Yes under the rear seat. It is easily accessible once you open the rear door.

Proper cooling of the Hybrid battery is important. In my last service, I got these filters changed

2022 Toyota Camry launched at Rs. 41.70 lakh-9.jpg

Cheers

KPS
KPS is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2022, 13:53   #156

Quote:
Originally Posted by anvay View Post
Hey,

AFAIK, regular petrol in India is minimum 91 Octane. V Power is 91 Octane plus some additives which in long run helps clean the cylinders and might lead to some power gains.
In case of Camry I am going for regular petrol from non shell pumps.
Did not know that. Lived in america most of my life they got 87 89 91 93. So this is news to me.
Old 23rd June 2022, 17:58   #157
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Did not know that. Lived in america most of my life they got 87 89 91 93. So this is news to me.
Currently, India enjoys RON 91 (regular), 95 (IOCL XP95), 97 (BP Speed 97), 99 (HP Power 99) & 100 (IOCL XP100). Only the price of RON 91 is regulated by the Government of India. The rest can be priced at the discretion of the refiner-distributor.

Mind you, these are RON ratings and not the other ones in the US like MON, PON & AKI.
itwasntme is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th June 2022, 09:50   #158
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post
Hi, A few questions on the interior equipment
  • How is the air conditioning at the rear in the long run. I see in one of the pictures you were riding in the rear seat
There is 3 zone AC on offer. Hence the two front seats and the rear can have different AC settings. It is quite efficient. As rightly said, in the Eco-Mode, it does get toned down.

Settings in the front
2022 Toyota Camry launched at Rs. 41.70 lakh-1.jpg

Settings in the rear
2022 Toyota Camry launched at Rs. 41.70 lakh-2.jpg

Cheers

KPS
KPS is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th June 2022, 15:45   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Folks

Bought the Camry 2022 around three months ago. I was wondering if any of you got a manual with the car. I asked for it and they pointed to a online resource. I find that irritating that you for a 50 lakhs car they couldn't take the trouble to print it.
No manual provided with the car. Mumbai delivery. A small handbook to get you going with the basics. Detailed manual is on the Toyota India website. But you need to keep filling in the Vin number and entering an OTP to access the manual which is quite irritating. Will be writing soon to the dealer/ company to send me a manual.
Old 26th June 2022, 08:57   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKapadia View Post
No manual provided with the car. Mumbai delivery. A small handbook to get you going with the basics. Detailed manual is on the Toyota India website. But you need to keep filling in the Vin number and entering an OTP to access the manual which is quite irritating. Will be writing soon to the dealer/ company to send me a manual.
Let me know if you succeed.

It may be better to load up the Toyota i-Connect app - at least you do not need to enter the VIN or the OTP each time (and Toyota's OTP does not arrive if you have DND enabled), and you can refer to the manual when you are in the car.
prad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2022, 12:57   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prad View Post
Let me know if you succeed.

It may be better to load up the Toyota i-Connect app - at least you do not need to enter the VIN or the OTP each time (and Toyota's OTP does not arrive if you have DND enabled), and you can refer to the manual when you are in the car.
No luck at the dealer with physical manual. The manual was provided pre facelift, I was informed. Was asked to download the Toyota connect app. Entered Vin + OTP. And the manual is there. There is an option to save it on your phone. May be iBooks if you use an iPhone. For a thorough read will be installing the app on the iPad for easier reading.

Must say Bmw have done a smart thing by having the manual on the I drive for anywhere access. Here you need to be within mobile network to access the manual.

Last edited by KKapadia : 26th June 2022 at 13:02. Reason: Adding data
Old 29th June 2022, 22:55   #162

Hi all, finally my Camry is arriving later this week. Just wanted to check if there are any specific Toyota accessories which are useful. I am going in for a luggage tray, mats and car cover - all Toyota genuine accessories. Since 30k worth of accessories was part of the deal - was just wondering whether I should get anything additional.

Thanks in advance!
nikhilbhatia8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2022, 11:27   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhilbhatia8 View Post
Hi all, finally my Camry is arriving later this week. Just wanted to check if there are any specific Toyota accessories which are useful. I am going in for a luggage tray, mats and car cover - all Toyota genuine accessories. Since 30k worth of accessories was part of the deal - was just wondering whether I should get anything additional.

Thanks in advance!
My personal preference was to get the fabric mats from Toyota. They are a pleasure to sit in at the rear seats without shoes. But be aware liquid spillage will take longer to clean . Using almost stock car which is going great right now.
anvay is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st July 2022, 03:52   #164

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKapadia View Post
Went online and downloaded the manual. Now have it on all my devices.
Its very annoying that Toyota can't get such basic things right.
Old 1st July 2022, 06:02   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhilbhatia8 View Post

Thanks in advance!
I’d say go for the bumper protector for the boot opening. It’s a necessity if you want to keep the rear bumper from scratches while loading/ unloading heavy items.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks