Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2022, 10:22   #1
Senior - BHPian

2022 Toyota Innova Crysta range now starts at Rs. 16.89 lakh

Toyota has introduced two new base variants of the Innova Crysta for the 2022 model year - GX (-) Petrol MT 7-seater and GX (-) Petrol MT 8-seater, at a price of Rs. 16.89 lakh and Rs. 16.94 lakh (ex-showroom) respectively.

2022 Toyota Innova Crysta range now starts at Rs. 16.89 lakh-innovacrystaexteriorrightfrontthreequarter3.jpeg

The GX trim gets most of the basic equipment, including air-conditioning with rear AC vents, fabric seats, Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, tilt and telescopic steering, airbags, ABS with EBD, VSC and Hill Start Assist Control.

The newly introduced entry-level GX (-) trim might miss out on some of these features. 16-inch alloy wheels are standard across the range.

The 2022 Innova Crysta GX (-) is powered by a 2.7-litre petrol engine that produces 164 BHP @ 5,200 rpm and 245 Nm @ 4,000 rpm. The engine is mated to a 5-speed manual transmission.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 5th January 2022 at 10:25.
TusharK is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 5th January 2022, 10:42   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2022 Toyota Innova Crysta range now starts at Rs. 16.89 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Toyota has introduced two new base variants of the Innova Crysta for the 2022 model year - GX (-) Petrol MT 7-seater and GX (-) Petrol MT 8-seater, at a price of Rs. 16.89 lakh and Rs. 16.94 lakh (ex-showroom) respectively.

The newly introduced entry-level GX (-) trim might miss out on some of these features. 16-inch alloy wheels are standard across the range.

The 2022 Innova Crysta GX (-) is powered by a 2.7-litre petrol engine that produces 164 BHP @ 5,200 rpm and 245 Nm @ 4,000 rpm. The engine is mated to a 5-speed manual transmission.

Link to Team-BHP News
There was the G variant below GX that was available for quite some time but mostly made to order. Is this GX(-) trim made to order too? and what are those "SOME" missing features as compared to GX.
PrideRed is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th January 2022, 10:50   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
There was the G variant below GX that was available for quite some time but mostly made to order. Is this GX(-) trim made to order too? and what are those "SOME" missing features as compared to GX.
That G variant is still on offer but only on the diesel Crysta, this new GX(-) is for the petrol only (made to order). Features wise most likely it doesn’t get any audio system, microphone, etc etc. similar to how the GX variants used to be earlier! And the alloys would be replaced with steel wheels having plastic caps on them.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th January 2022, 11:28   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Why can't they call it G or G plus instead of GX minus? That is if I am reading it right.

Or is it because the G and G plus are fleet only and they want to keep the new variant open to private buyers too.
DicKy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th January 2022, 11:30   #5
BHPian

Attached is the 2022 Variant Price list from Lanson Toyota Chennai.

2022 CRYSTA PDF.pdf

Last year price list had HB(Hazel Brown) and CT (Camel Tan). The current one has BL and BW, not sure if the interior options are discontinued.
sudharshan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th January 2022, 11:50   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
That G variant is still on offer but only on the diesel Crysta, this new GX(-) is for the petrol only (made to order). Features wise most likely it doesn’t get any audio system, microphone, etc etc. similar to how the GX variants used to be earlier! And the alloys would be replaced with steel wheels having plastic caps on them.
Had been in a G grade Crysta recently and yes, as mentioned above, it had steel wheels, no MID in the cluster(only single line for ODO and Trip meter), no audio system, single tone dashboard, headlights without chrome shrouds, single piece door trims which were the most noticeable differences. All in all this is a mega stripped down version and I felt like sitting in a different car compared to my Crysta. But the dashboard had no cracks even after three years and 1.75L kms of use which was a relief after hearing some reports of substandard quality of plastics. And this car had baked in Gujarat and Rajasthan heat over its life.

Last edited by audioholic : 5th January 2022 at 11:51.
audioholic is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th January 2022, 12:34   #7
BHPian

We own a 2005 Innova V Diesel, The Car has run only 1.3 Lakh Kms in the 17 Years of our useage, We have the fitness certificate till 2025.
We now plan to either upgrade to a Crysta or the likes or spend a little on maintaining the existing Innova and keep it for the next few years till the next generation crysta comes in.

Our running of the family MUV will be less than 6k Kms annualy, since we are a big family we need the MUV for our out of station travel, Comfortable space for 7 is a must,
We have not come across a more comfortable third row than in an Innova.

Should we spend on maintaining the Old innova for some time, Till the next generation Innova arrives? Should we get the Innova Crysta? (New or Used both are okay)or should we look at options like the Carnival or any such upcoming MUV's? Would love your opinion.
Old 5th January 2022, 13:14   #8
BHPian

We should declare Toyota vehicles like Innova and Fortuner as Asset Classes.
Since I have purchased my Crysta in 2021, already this is the third price increase and second variant rejig. No other investments of mine have increased in value like this

Last edited by swarnava.ch : 5th January 2022 at 13:15. Reason: typo correction
swarnava.ch is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 5th January 2022, 13:18   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarnava.ch View Post
We should declare Toyota vehicles like Innova and Fortuner as Asset Classes.
Since I have purchased my Crysta in 2021, already this is the third price increase and second variant rejig. No other investments of mine have increased in value like this
very true. And no volatility too!

They could have just named this the "T" variant for taxi segment instead of this weird G(-). I wonder how the rear badge will read.

Glad to see that Toyota is providing a lower end of the model so that taxi segments can upgrade their aging vehicles to the newer model.
Mad Max is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2022, 17:26   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JShah View Post
Should we spend on maintaining the Old innova for some time, Till the next generation Innova arrives? Should we get the Innova Crysta? (New or Used both are okay)or should we look at options like the Carnival or any such upcoming MUV's? Would love your opinion.
Shah Sir, the Innova is good for another 100k kms at least if you are servicing it regularly from a good service provider. Since your usage annually is not much, I would suggest keep the car till 2025 before you look at options.
Indraneel Bhat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th January 2022, 18:29   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
instead of this weird G(-). I wonder how the rear badge will read.
They will put just the 'G' badge like they do now for the G, G plus and GX.

No way Toyota is going to put different badges, that too for an inferior sounding (-)
Old 12th March 2022, 08:49   #12
BHPian

Hi Team,
My close friend is planning to buy an Innova Crysta in next few days. Before that I want to check with this forum is there any upcoming new model of Crysta coming in near future or sometime during this year. He can wait as he has another car until then. Thanks in advance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks