Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2022, 19:07   #106
BHPian

re: Scoop! Skoda Kodiaq Facelift prices leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 34.99 lakh

Some interesting observations in comparison to the Tiguan in no particular order
  • Kodiaq has cooled & heated seats vs heated only in Tiguan
  • 12 speaker setup with subwoofer in Kodiaq vs 8 in Tiguan
  • 9 airbags in Kodiaq vs 6 in Tiguan
  • Dynamic chassis control
  • 360 degree camera
  • Kodiaq has better looking alloys
  • Interior monitoring system is available in Kodiaq
  • Kodiaq has the power nap package
  • Park assist feature in the Kodiaq
  • Wireless Apple and Android connectivity
  • Electrically adjustable driver and passenger seats in Kodiaq is standard across all variants. The Tiguan sorely misses the electrically adjustable passenger seats
  • Kerb weight of L&K is 90Kgs more than Tiguan - 1293 vs 1203
  • Despite the additional weight, Kodaiq seems to have marginally better fuel efficiency per ARAI rating! - 12.78 Kmpl vs 12.65 Kmpl
  • Despite being a larger car, Kodiaq's fuel tank is marginally smaller than the Tiguan - 58L vs 60L
  • While the higher length is expected, the Kodiaq is wider by 43mm - 1882mm vs 1839mm
  • Kodiaq's brochure is well sorted out. VW couldn't care any less, it still features the LH drive model in its brochures

Last edited by SR-71 : 9th January 2022 at 19:13.
SR-71 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 9th January 2022, 19:15   #107
BHPian

re: Scoop! Skoda Kodiaq Facelift prices leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 34.99 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjaygoyal View Post

Used GLE VS NEW KODIAQ.

Please help.

Thanks in advance.
A brand new kodiaq should be significantly cheaper than 55L and though the skoda might not be in the league of the germans it can hold its own and more when faced against them, hence I would recommend to go for the skoda as you will still would've saved up some decent moolah.
skarface is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2022, 19:59   #108
Team-BHP Support

DCC, hill descent control and heated and cooled seats seem to be the biggest loss between Sportsline and L&K but other than that the Sportline (specially in that blue color) looks pure class in my books. I much prefer the look of the seats, the alloys and the 3 spoke steering of the Sportline over the L&K.

Given how premium the L&K is likely to be priced at they should really have considered mocha seat options for it.
Old 9th January 2022, 20:16   #109
BHPian

Any idea what time is the launch tomorrow (10th January'22)?

I just think that Skoda missed an opportunity to really differentiate the L&K variant - mocha / tan interiors, radar based assist systems etc.
Old 9th January 2022, 20:42   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrishig View Post
The digital brochure is out, and it seems L &K, sports line are loaded in terms of features. Basically, apart from massage seats, Radar-based features, you have access to almost every feature you can think of.
Forget about all features, would go for Sportsline for that black and sporty interiors alone. It’s such a dope
Old 9th January 2022, 20:42   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Skoda is gearing up to launch the Kodiaq facelift in the Indian market early next month. The SUV will be offered in three variants - Style, Sportline and L&K and prices are expected to start at Rs. 36.50 lakh (ex-showroom) unless something changes at the final moment.

Attachment 2252372

The base Style variant of the Kodiaq will be offered with 9 airbags as standard.

The Sportline trim is likely to get a gloss black grille, black ORVMs and window trim, black roof rails, spoiler and black alloy wheels. In the inside, it will get Sports seats and a 10.25-inch digital instrument cluster. This variant is expected to cost Rs. 37.50 lakh (ex-showroom).

Attachment 2252371

The top-spec L&K trim will come loaded with features, including ventilated front seats and a 360-degree camera. The highlight of this variant though will be the Dynamic Chassis Control (DCC), which allows the driver to adjust the vehicle's driving characteristics. The driver can choose between three modes - Standard, Sport and Comfort.

The 2022 Skoda Kodiaq will be powered by a 2.0-litre turbo-petrol engine producing 188 BHP paired with a DQ-381 7-speed DSG automatic gearbox and an all-wheel drive system.

Attachment 2252370

We've also been told that Volkswagen will be increasing the price of the Tiguan from January 1, 2022. The SUV is expected to cost Rs. 33 lakh (ex-showroom).

Thanks to the Team-BHP fan (he prefers to remain anonymous) who sent this information in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP share page!

Link to Team-BHP News
And here is the brochure.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ŠKODA KODIAQ Brochure (Digital).pdf (5.49 MB, 525 views)
Old 9th January 2022, 20:52   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunikkat View Post
Forget about all features, would go for Sportsline for that black and sporty interiors alone. It’s such a dope
I the sports-line looks amazing. Only dissappointment being the tyre pressure monitoring missing in the Sports trim, its a little unbelielable to have such an important feature missing in an otherwise expensive car.
autozoniac is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2022, 20:53   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
DCC, hill descent control and heated and cooled seats seem to be the biggest loss between Sportsline and L&K but other than that the Sportline (specially in that blue color) looks pure class in my books. I much prefer the look of the seats, the alloys and the 3 spoke steering of the Sportline over the L&K.

Given how premium the L&K is likely to be priced at they should really have considered mocha seat options for it.
How can they miss TPMS in both the 2 lower variants .

Also, not sure if suede material will be difficult to maintain in Sportsline.

The Style misses on virtual cockpit.

I somehow feel the Sportsline and L&k would be the top selling variants

Given an option, I would go for Graphite Grey L&K

Last edited by neel911 : 9th January 2022 at 20:54.
neel911 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th January 2022, 21:24   #114
BANNED

How can they miss Black color for Sportsline , this is such a stupidity.

Black in sportsline is the thing

Old 9th January 2022, 21:26   #115
BANNED

I have a query is this a proper 4x4 or a AWD?
Old 9th January 2022, 21:36   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autozoniac View Post
I the sports-line looks amazing. Only dissappointment being the tyre pressure monitoring missing in the Sports trim, its a little unbelielable to have such an important feature missing in an otherwise expensive car.
I would go with Sportline without a thought if it had DCC and TPMS. I think I would settle for L&K just for that reason. But I do hate Skoda's version of beige interior.
Old 9th January 2022, 22:19   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_10 View Post
It's an AWD i think. Same as Tiguan.
Old 9th January 2022, 22:28   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_10 View Post
It is AWD, with electronically controlled rear clutch to send power to rear wheels when required. Not a 4x4.
Old 9th January 2022, 22:43   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjaygoyal View Post
Hey guys. Need advice.

I am in the market for a luxury SUV.

I have already booked a Kodiaq L & K.

Just yesterday a dealer ( friend) called me and is offering me a 2019 GLE 300d ( new shape ) for about 55 lacs.

The car has run 41000 odd kms and is still under warranty.

I am really tempted but confused also.

Used GLE VS NEW KODIAQ.
Hey drjaygoyal

Congrats on the Kodiaq Booking, between the GLE 300d and Kodiaq L&K the GLE without doubt the better car, but at 41k on the odo (considering the 100 lockdown in 2020) that car has run well, and is a calculated risk to purchase, but it solely depends on what you drive currently, if you drive something on the lines of the Jetta or Laura please go ahead with Mercedes and be expected to spend close to 2-3 lakhs in the next 4-5 years of ownership and straight up when you buy the car a minimum of 50-60k assuming it hasn't been serviced, tires need a change etc. Which is worth it if you plan on keeping the car for a minimum of 8 to 10 years.

If you don't drive a car in the Jetta segment please stick with the plans of buying the Kodiaq, and the 10-12 lakhs you save you can spend in the next 2-3 years on a classy sedan like a BMW G30 3series or a late BMW F10 5series by stretching your budget later.

Hope it Helps

P.S - My Dad and I currently are evaluating the GLE 300d/400d to takeover from our Scorpio and Audi A4 2.0 TDI
Cliff9091 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th January 2022, 00:38   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by novice View Post
I would go with Sportline without a thought if it had DCC and TPMS. I think I would settle for L&K just for that reason. But I do hate Skoda's version of beige interior.
Absolutely !

even I would go for the sport line but lack of TPMS and DCC is a bummer. Even I hate beige interior.

That's why my X3 has the cappuccino ( brown ) interiors.

I have the 2016 superb and really don't like the beige interiors. Wish Skoda had given more options. I would be even willing to pay 50K more for it.

Gonna select the Lava Blue L & K. any other colour suggestions ?

I was thinking black but in Mumbai conditions black cars are difficult to maintain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff9091 View Post
Hey drjaygoyal

If you don't drive a car in the Jetta segment please stick with the plans of buying the Kodiaq, and the 10-12 lakhs you save you can spend in the next 2-3 years on a classy sedan like a BMW G30 3series or a late BMW F10 5series by stretching your budget later.
Thanks buddy. I already drive a 2019 X3 and realised that I was getting too greedy in my cars.

Decided to settle for the Kodiaq and replace my X3 with a GLS or better car in the next 2-3 years.

Really not worth burning so much money right now.

Last edited by Aditya : 10th January 2022 at 05:14. Reason: Back to back posts merged
drjaygoyal is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks