Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th January 2022, 00:34   #301
BHPian

Re: Scoop! Skoda Kodiaq Facelift prices leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 34.99 lakh

Hi,

Given media reports suggesting only E20 fuels would be dispensed from 2025, are all currently sold engines E20 compliant ? I would be comfortable only if manufacturer certifies use of E20 for any new vehicle purchase.

Or is it that we are expecting E10 fuels to be sold alongside beyond 2025 - but news reports have been categorical on the fact that only E20 would be sold beyond 2025 (one can search for these reports in mainstream media).

If not, using E20 fuel could impact all of - mileage, power, reliability if used on E10 engines. Have we considered all of these aspects as well while assessing the different cars ? This question is pertinent to all vehicles on sale.

thanks.
subbarp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2022, 10:06   #302
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Scoop! Skoda Kodiaq Facelift prices leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 34.99 lakh

Facelifted Kodiaq and Q7 side-by-side

Scoop! Skoda Kodiaq Facelift prices leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 34.99 lakh-5864ccf937df440b8ec794e811bac8bc.jpeg

Scoop! Skoda Kodiaq Facelift prices leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 34.99 lakh-0d85fd0c8de04946a60780c05d0f9334.jpeg

Scoop! Skoda Kodiaq Facelift prices leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 34.99 lakh-2927fb6a4e17459598e872c8735a8a53.jpeg
CEF_Beasts is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 14th January 2022, 11:13   #303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Looks like brothers. Can’t wait for team-BHP review if both.
Old 14th January 2022, 11:14   #304
Senior - BHPian

To all bhpians who have booked Kodiaq, this may well be a nitwitted question. Has any of you considered Toyota Hilux, or if it has crossed your mind once while booking Kodiaq. I know we're talking about chalk and cheese - a soft roader SUV vs a life style pick up truck. Agree the purpose, form factor, construct etc of both are different. But the below Hilux points are significant to be ignored totally.

Engine - 2.8 Ltr, 4x4 MT & AT
7 AirBags, VSC, HAC, ABS/ EBD
4x4 Electronic Drive Switch
Electronic Differential lock
DAc, A-TRC & Auto LSD
Premium Leather seats.
Dual Zone AC

What I get with Hilux that Kodiaq can't provide:

- choice of diesel and a 2.8 L engine with AT
- off roading ability with 4*4 than AWD.
- Indestructible truck - total peace of mind on India roads/no roads.
- Overlanding.
- Toyota Reliability and higher resale value.
- a stand out/ niche product.
- abuse friendly( Don't need to lose sleep if Hilux hits a highway crater at 120 kmph unlike the baby bird Kodiaq)

What'll miss out with Hilux:

- lesser passive safety being a BOF and won't be as safe as Kodiaq in terms of equipment. The Euro Kodiaq has an edge surely on this front.

- car like ride and handling
- won't be looked upon as a family car.
- The German finesse - to drive, travel and own.
- the premium feel of a Euro car.
- driving dynamics - truck vs soft roader.
- extra row of seats(kids' seats anyways).

The road manners of Hilux can be improved vastly with an upgraded suspension I guess, with my experience of having extensively driven a V cross in it's stock form and then later with an upgraded suspension(Iron Man). I'm not trying to say it can be brought to Kodiaq levels of ride, handling and comfort but Hilux can be made much more liveable is the point I'm trying to make.

If I'm to shell out 40 lakhs today, my money is on Hilux. May be the off-road enthusiast and wanderluster in me is talking here and a diesel lover too . Love to hear from fellow members.

Last edited by Bibendum90949 : 14th January 2022 at 11:27.
Bibendum90949 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th January 2022, 11:20   #305
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by @PetrolheadASH View Post
Is there one? I just got this. I'm sure they won't kill the launch hype now that they have garnered interest. Anyone got more deets?
Do we need to take insurance from Skoda dealer only ? Or can we take it from elsewhere also ?

These rates are jacked up significantly.
Old 14th January 2022, 11:21   #306
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 2259724

Attachment 2259725

Attachment 2259726

Size wise both look similar. Q7 is in a different league but the Kodiaq can definitely hold its own. Especially at the price point it is in.
drjaygoyal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2022, 11:32   #307
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjaygoyal View Post
Do we need to take insurance from Skoda dealer only ? Or can we take it from elsewhere also ?

These rates are jacked up significantly.
I think that is possible. I was told that they won't release the car till it is insured so you can very well do that. I'm just wondering if outside insurance would give the same coverages or not. I don't know why automakers jack up the insurances rates so much. Also pressurising customers to take these jacked rates can be reported to the CCI. I'm sure no one would want that.
Old 14th January 2022, 11:46   #308
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
These images prove the sheer size of Q7 is humongous compared to the Kodiaq. The Q7 is 100 mm wider, 300 mm longer, 100 mm taller, and has a wheelbase that is 200 mm longer than the Kodiaq. Lets just forever end this discussion of comparing the two.

The closest comparison in size, is the Innova Crysta. I checked the dimensions because I wanted to check if the Kodiaq would fit in my parking, where the Crysta easily does. The Kodiaq is shorter than the Crysta, a wee bit wider, and little less taller than the Crysta, with nearly identical wheelbase. So anyone trying to get a perspective of the size, should know that by no means am I implying that the Crysta is a small car, but it is roomier in comparison. When I sat in the Kodiaq, yes it felt a little bit wider than the Octavia, but not by much. In terms of ground clearance too, I feel its similar to the Crysta. But I’d be careful before throwing the Kodiaq on side roads, something I do fearlessly with the Crysta and even my Octavia.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 14th January 2022, 12:02   #309
Distinguished - BHPian

2022 Skoda Kodiaq L&K 4x4 interior and exterior pictures, media drive reviews drops on 18th January.

Scoop! Skoda Kodiaq Facelift prices leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 34.99 lakh-fb_img_1642141734620.jpg

Scoop! Skoda Kodiaq Facelift prices leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 34.99 lakh-fb_img_1642141737201.jpg

Scoop! Skoda Kodiaq Facelift prices leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 34.99 lakh-fb_img_1642141739640.jpg

Scoop! Skoda Kodiaq Facelift prices leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 34.99 lakh-fb_img_1642141741920.jpg

Scoop! Skoda Kodiaq Facelift prices leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 34.99 lakh-fb_img_1642141744294.jpg

Scoop! Skoda Kodiaq Facelift prices leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 34.99 lakh-fb_img_1642141746600.jpg

Scoop! Skoda Kodiaq Facelift prices leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 34.99 lakh-fb_img_1642141748846.jpg

Link

Last edited by Venkatesh : 14th January 2022 at 12:22.
Venkatesh is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 14th January 2022, 18:29   #310
Senior - BHPian

Did Skoda finally start providing AGM batteries? Hoping they’d last longer than the old flooded ones.
Old 14th January 2022, 19:27   #311
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKB View Post
Price hike is confirmed
With all this talk of a price hike, the strangest part is that there has been no official statement from Škoda confirming the "new" price. Even the Škoda website still lists the launch price.

Are we sure it's not a dealer racket since they seem to be taking bookings for the rumoured new price without any real evidence? The entire "hike" news seems to be contained only to Team-BHP through anecdotal posts of dealer interactions. Maybe some miscommunication between brand and dealer?

P.S. Has the dealer shared an updated price list with you to confirm the price? It might even be a good idea to tweet to Zac Hollis and see if you get clarity at least from his tweet. I'd highly suggest you refrain from paying an increased price without confirmation of an increase from Škoda themselves.

Last edited by AamodB : 14th January 2022 at 19:36.
AamodB is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th January 2022, 19:38   #312
AKB
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passiautonate View Post
Planning to take back to back test drive of Gloster, XUV7OO and Kodiaq and see which connects with me. Hoping XUV it is as it will save me a lot of money, Though not in mood of major compromises so will get the best for me.
@ Passiautonate we will be eager to get your perspective on how these three play against each other. I am also in the same place.

I test drove Gloster but was not happy with huge turbo lag. XUV700 held up its position well. Only thing that separates XUV700 and Skoda is the quality, reliability, and maturity of the product.
Old 14th January 2022, 20:34   #313
BHPian

I visited PPS Skoda Sadashivnagar to check Kodiaq. Unfortunately they just sent it to their other showroom in Tumkur today. I asked the sales executive about availability and pricing. He mentioned that they have got email about 4% hike. For availability, he mentioned L&K will be made available in about 6 weeks and Sportline is readily available. He also offered to send car home for test drive since their demo car is getting registered so they can send it home now
Old 14th January 2022, 20:46   #314
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibendum90949 View Post
To all bhpians who have booked Kodiaq, this may well be a nitwitted question. Has any of you considered Toyota Hilux, or if it has crossed your mind once while booking Kodiaq.
It would all depend on how the vehicle is going to be used. Very high usage and cross country trips, it is straight forward call, would pick up Hilux anyday. There is lot of customization options available internationally and would trickle down to Indian market soon. It's a vehicle which give you option customization to suit your lifestyle & arms you with go anywhere capability. Hilux will serve well for years even after you upgrade to next vehicle.
If the purchase decision is for secondary vehicle i would definitely put my money worth here.

In India families haven't warmed up for Pick up trucks yet. Home ministry wouldn't like to have driven around to wedding in Hilux . Also to bear in mind is that DPF issues have not yet been completely addressed and this can cause issues in high altitude areas.

Hilux doesn't fit on day to day practicality in the city, this is where Kodiaq has edge. Keeps everyone at home happy. If it is a primary vehicle one looking to purchase then Kodiaq is the one to consider.
CircleOfLife is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2022, 03:23   #315
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbarp View Post
Hi,

Given media reports suggesting only E20 fuels would be dispensed from 2025, are all currently sold engines E20 compliant ? I would be comfortable only if manufacturer certifies use of E20 for any new vehicle purchase.

Or is it that we are expecting E10 fuels to be sold alongside beyond 2025 - but news reports have been categorical on the fact that only E20 would be sold beyond 2025 (one can search for these reports in mainstream media).

If not, using E20 fuel could impact all of - mileage, power, reliability if used on E10 engines. Have we considered all of these aspects as well while assessing the different cars ? This question is pertinent to all vehicles on sale.

thanks.
This is definitely a big question. With more ethanol in fuel, how will these TSI engines take it and perform as their recommended level is 95 octane! So just like Diesel has DPF issues not sorted yet, even Petrol has ethanol levels issue which isn’t clear yet. Ideally I would wait for couple of years if I could before buying a new car in current situation as we don’t know how the EVs will be promoted and impact the market also.

Also does the new Kodiaq have any added feature advantage beside the obvious 2 more seats and a little bigger wheelbase? I guess apart from ventilated seats and wireless charger, almost everything is similar. And none has adaptive cruise control if I’m not mistaken. Certain features of XUV 700 makes us question about the premium these germans command now.
magikrider is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks