Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2022, 14:04   #256
BHPian

Re: Scoop! Skoda Kodiaq Facelift prices leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 34.99 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakhar1998 View Post
My dealer is claiming that only 1000 CKD units are available and as of yesterday - they have all been booked.

For the next lot, Skoda has increased the price of all models by 4% and is promising delivery only in March.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post
So much for all the awesome praises shared on the pricing... There is a price hike happening in the ballpark of 4%. Damn! Of course it was evident that the hike will happen, I was just assuming it will happen a quarter or 2 later, not a day later! Leave it to Skoda to find ways to kill exciting launches. Might as well wait now until the initial euphoria settles and the discounts kick in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead5 View Post
What is the source of this price hike news?.
If it's true, it certainly is a cheap move by Skoda in my view. At least for the sake of the brand, I hope its not real
Well, the news is true (up 4%) as my friend who’s working in a dealership said so too. L&K would now cost around 39-39.5 lacs ex showroom, which was the initial indication as launch price. He too was surprised by the 37.5 lac price.

It seems all products assembled till Dec are in that lot of of so called introductory* price.
KapilD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th January 2022, 14:14   #257
BHPian

Re: Scoop! Skoda Kodiaq Facelift prices leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 34.99 lakh

Quote:
If it's true, it certainly is a cheap move by Skoda in my view. At least for the sake of the brand, I hope its not real
Is there one? I just got this. I'm sure they won't kill the launch hype now that they have garnered interest. Anyone got more deets?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf KODIAQ P.L-2022.pdf (218.5 KB, 144 views)
@PetrolheadASH is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th January 2022, 14:22   #258
BHPian

Quote:
Any dealer in Bangalore will confirm it. The L&K is now in the X1s territory. The X1 is smaller yes, but slightly better power to weight ratio, better fuel efficiency and way better brand recall. I agree the Kodiaq has excellent interiors, but lets see how this plays out.

Last edited by SR-71 : 12th January 2022 at 14:43.
SR-71 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2022, 15:03   #259
BHPian

Looking at the bookings and strategy Toyota is using on Fortuner, maybe Skoda also wants to milk it till it can and then they'll start discount phase

Overall, not a nice move by Skoda to bump price by 4% in just 2 days (somehow website still shows launch price). It seems everyone is getting greedy
Old 12th January 2022, 15:15   #260
BHPian

The SA confirmed that I would get My Kodiaq at the introductory price. But he isn't sure about the % of increase on Superb. Some news reports from Dec say it would be 3% across the model range. Superb is my fallback option if Kodiaq TD doesn't go well. Now I am worried.

Last edited by novice : 12th January 2022 at 15:17.
Old 12th January 2022, 15:47   #261
BHPian

carandbike reports Kodiaq facelift is soldout for next 4 months. https://www.carandbike.com/news/2022...-india-2702250.

Of late this has become a trend where manufacturers have started using the "Sold out" term more often and interestingly, even though Skoda claimed the waiting period as 4 months but they didn`t publish any data on the number of bookings in those 24hrs.
DragonHawk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th January 2022, 17:24   #262
BHPian

Took a shortish test drive. One thing for sure, there is a lot of interest in the car and people are in Q for the test drives. My impressions in the hurried test drive -

1. Very smooth engine and no surprises there. Good initial pick-up in normal mode but gets strained past 60-70 kmph.
2. Sports mode unleashes the beast - great to drive in sports mode. Got an ~ half kilometer of open road and was excellent to drive.
3. Could not really feel any difference in suspensions between modes - someone more knowledgable can probably see the difference.
4. Hardly any difference between Normal and comfort mode and SA said it’s more for suspension tuning.
5. Car shrinks and wraps around you and don’t feel the bulk of the car when you drive.
6. The car had run 95 km and fuel efficiency was showing 6.2 kmpl. I am hoping it will be 7-8 in city with some light footed driving and close to 10 highway.

Still waiting for on road prices from Raja Skoda. Total confusion on when deliveries will start
pk1972 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 12th January 2022, 18:33   #263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk1972 View Post
Still waiting for on road prices from Raja Skoda. Total confusion on when deliveries will start
Can’t confirm the authenticity of this news..but a source told me that Skoda has made very limited cars and after seeing the response they have got, they are mulling an increase in the prices announced yesterday.

Greed knows no limits i guess
drjaygoyal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2022, 18:41   #264
BHPian

Quote:
1. Very smooth engine and no surprises there. Good initial pick-up in normal mode but gets strained past 60-70 kmph.
OK, So I wasn't alone in that observation. I kept thinking how can it be when the weight is a mere 90kgs more compared to the Tiguan. It wasn't blatantly evident, but its there until we switch to sports mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post
  • Unlike its siblings powered by the same motor, I was able to feel the motor pulling the cars weight. I wouldn't go as far as saying the motor felt strained -but- it wasn't sprightly to phrase it best. One might say its the AWD effect, but its slightly less obese cousin the Tiguan felt a wee bit quick on its feet. However switching to the sports mode makes a good difference and the Kodiaq comes alive perhaps at the cost of guzzling a little bit more petrol
I got an opportunity to TD the L&K as well and some observations on that
  • I thought it was smooth compared to the Sportline (again I think I am imagining bananas here). The 'motor is laboring' feel I had in the Sportline, I did not feel in L&K. But I did not get the kind of stretch I tested the Sportline on. The stretch I tested is more of a regular city road where every move is calculated and gradual with no room for flooring the throttle. Perhaps that's the reason I did not notice it.
  • I am no expert when it comes to dissecting ride quality in great details. But the DCC makes a noticeable difference. One should drive the Sportline and L&K back to back to relate to what I am saying. The ride is flatter on kutcha roads compared to most other cars I TD'd in the recent past on a particular test drive stretch. Also there was no butterfly effect in the stomach when the car comes down one of those road segments which gently slope up and down in a noticeable fashion. Normally I get these butterfly feeling in my tummy when I come down that slope at 90s.
  • The turn radius is more sedan like. In a section where I had to backup the superb a bit to complete the u-turn, I was able to do a single point u turn in the Kodiaq just like in the Octavia.

I wish someone with good knowledge of cars gets to share their expert opinion on the various aspects (hint - @Vid ? )

Last edited by SR-71 : 12th January 2022 at 19:00.
SR-71 is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 12th January 2022, 18:54   #265
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjaygoyal View Post
Can’t confirm the authenticity of this news..but a source told me that Skoda has made very limited cars and after seeing the response they have got, they are mulling an increase in the prices announced yesterday.

Greed knows no limits i guess
Which they already have - confirmed by dealers that booking from tomorrow will be on new price which is 4% more. L&K will be Rs.39 lacs and deliveries will be 4 months out. It might be possible that the pre-bookings exceed the stocks they have and are figuring out how to address it.
Old 12th January 2022, 19:00   #266
BHPian

Quote:
Which they already have - confirmed by dealers that booking from tomorrow will be on new price which is 4% more. L&K will be Rs.39 lacs and deliveries will be 4 months out. It might be possible that the pre-bookings exceed the stocks they have and are figuring out how to address it.
So I have already pre-booked 2 months ago. Does this affect my price too ?

Also if a friend has booked today does he pay launch price or revised price ?
Old 12th January 2022, 19:13   #267
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjaygoyal View Post
So I have already pre-booked 2 months ago. Does this affect my price too ?

Also if a friend has booked today does he pay launch price or revised price ?
suggest reaching out to Zac on twitter, its really not fair to jack up the price, not even a week after launch.

Atleast Skoda should honour bookings made so far with launch price.

Its a sellers market am afraid, need to accept the current reality. It hurts, but it is what it is !

Last edited by redballons : 12th January 2022 at 19:14.
Old 12th January 2022, 20:07   #268
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redballons View Post
suggest reaching out to Zac on twitter, its really not fair to jack up the price, not even a week after launch.

Atleast Skoda should honour bookings made so far with launch price.

Its a sellers market am afraid, need to accept the current reality. It hurts, but it is what it is !
Did just that. Lets see the response.

If true this is worst possible PR for Skoda.
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop! Skoda Kodiaq Facelift prices leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 34.99 lakh-8d8ec12680ac40a1a9db118d2de514de.png  

drjaygoyal is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th January 2022, 20:08   #269
BHPian

Some aggressive pricing and greed displayed there by Skoda , if I’m in the market for a 7 seater, I would wait for all the cards on the deck.

The card missing right now - ‘The new Isuzu mux 3-liter’. Isuzu now has all the data for an aggressive launch.
Old 12th January 2022, 20:32   #270
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

WOW, Skoda is clearly raising the bar in terms of greediness and shamelessness.

I was actually thinking the pricing to be fair given the equipment levels on offer but that no longer holds true. With the price increase, it has reached the slightly overpriced level.

BTW, even after the price increase, I feel the Kodiaq offers much better value than the Tiguan. The Tiguan has been a huge disappointment given the kit-on-offer and the super premium pricing. The Kodiaq at least feels like a complete product and the owner won't have too many compromises or regrets after buying it.

What I need is a 5-seater Kodiaq. The Tiguan was supposed to be that car but unfortunately, it's not. On top of it, the Kodiaq looks much better (Tiguan alloys are such an eyesore) and has better road presence.

It's also becoming clear that Skoda is the flagbearer of the VW group in India, and we can expect better product from Skoda than VW in India.
adimicra is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks