Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2022, 14:37   #226
BHPian

Re: Scoop! Skoda Kodiaq Facelift prices leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 34.99 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maky View Post
I did a quick Youtube search for skoda kodiaq 2.0 TSI remap and videos similar to this show up:

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=5cRVixGMUz8

I have zero knowledge about tuning but am aware that the reliability is never the same once remapped/tuned, but it seems to be a fairly big bump in power for a 'basic' tune.
Actually pretty impressive figures for stage 1 and if this tune is reliable, I am sure this is all one needs for the entire tenure of ownership without further stressing on the mechanicals.
Old 11th January 2022, 16:30   #227
BHPian

Re: Scoop! Skoda Kodiaq Facelift prices leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 34.99 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan85 View Post
Yup - got 6L off on the final on road price..
Hey,
Sorry I’m posting the wrong thing here. But don’t have the permission to do a DM :( Reached out to BMW hoping to get a lucrative discounts like yours. 2021 X1 is available with a 2.9L discount. Limited colors that too. Can you detail your discount figures and the dealership you used to seal the deal?
Old 11th January 2022, 16:48   #228
BHPian

Wonderful pricing. Look like Skoda team listened to the market reactions on Octavia pricing.

One big question : Is DCC the DSG EQ 200 in the making in Indian conditions?
Old 11th January 2022, 17:18   #229
Senior - BHPian

Members should make a petition to Skoda India to add DCC in the Sportline variant, or introduce a brown / tan interior option for the L&K. Even if we collect 50 signatures, I think we have a shot at this! Who's in?
adi_petrolhead is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th January 2022, 17:20   #230
BHPian

Kodiaq is about 215kgs heavier than Superb. Yet Skoda claims Kodiaq is only 0.1 seconds slower to hit 100 for the same engine and gearbox combo. How is that possible? Is it because of the better traction from AWD?
Old 11th January 2022, 17:23   #231
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
Members should make a petition to Skoda India to add DCC in the Sportline variant, or introduce a brown / tan interior option for the L&K. Even if we collect 50 signatures, I think we have a shot at this! Who's in?
I suggested the same to Mr. Zac Hollis here https://twitter.com/Zac_Hollis_/stat...26681840009218
Old 11th January 2022, 18:01   #232
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Introduce a brown / tan interior option for the L&K. Even if we collect 50 signatures, I think we have a shot at this! Who's in?
Since no other market gets a tan/brown option in the Kodiaq L&K, it's unlikely it'll ever be offered. At best there is an option of beige or black for the L&K in the international markets.

Scoop! Skoda Kodiaq Facelift prices leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 34.99 lakh-kodiaqinteriorlkbelgium.png

Scoop! Skoda Kodiaq Facelift prices leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 34.99 lakh-kodiaqinteriorslk.png
Old 11th January 2022, 18:14   #233
BHPian

I have zeroed in on the L&K trim in the Kodiaq, would have loved to go for the black interiors after seeing the pictures on CEF_Beasts post.

I am kind of torn between opting for the Lava Blue colour or the Quartz Grey and not able to make up my mind

Any thoughts from fellow BHP'ians on this ?
sidpak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2022, 18:43   #234
BHPian

Did a quick test drive and here is my first impression based on the Sportline variant
  • Unlike its siblings powered by the same motor, I was able to feel the motor pulling the cars weight. I wouldn't go as far as saying the motor felt strained -but- it wasn't sprightly to phrase it best. One might say its the AWD effect, but its slightly less obese cousin the Tiguan felt a wee bit quick on its feet. However switching to the sports mode makes a good difference and the Kodiaq comes alive perhaps at the cost of guzzling a little bit more petrol
  • The Sportline seats are lovely but the pictures somehow overstates its class. Its also less practical in some aspects. I was comfortable in the drivers seat but I couldn't find a comfortable position in the front passenger seat when it came to neck restraints. I believe I might get uncomfortable on long drives in the front passenger seat
  • The panoramic sunroofs are just lovely, its definitely a blessing for the Sportline with its dark interiors.
  • The last row of seats are a joke. Maybe I can fit my 2 year old niece in it, that's about it. I don't see a scenario where I can ever use it. Infact I would prefer a proper 5 seater instead of that joke of a last row.
  • While the ARAI FE rating seems a wee bit better on paper, I have my doubts based on the short test drive. This is going to be a guzzler. Be ready for fat fuel bills
  • If you are an audiophile you will love the music system. Even the FM stations sound so awesome on those speakers.
  • I don't believe I am saying this, suddenly the Tiguan seems like a practical alternative. It will be lighter on the pocket if you are willing to settle for a less glamorous, less boisterous and slightly ill-equipped cousin
  • I keep hearing some rave reviews about the L&Ks ride quality thanks to the DCC, but I haven't got an opportunity yet to drive it

I was hoping / praying that the Kodiaq test drive might make my final decision easier, but I have to be honest, its only adding to my dog's dinner of choice!

Last edited by SR-71 : 11th January 2022 at 18:59.
SR-71 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 11th January 2022, 18:53   #235
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMG1 View Post
@GTO- Would you still have got the Superb, if the current Kodaiq facelift was available in the market during the time you were car hunting?
Tough one.

My brother would still buy the Superb L&K for the deal we got. It was irresistible & the Kodiaq L&K is like 12 lakh rupees more than what we paid. In terms of looks, I prefer the Superb's luxury sedan styling & presence compared to the Kodiaq's MPV-SUV persona. In terms of practicality (GC, 3rd row for kids etc, taller seating), the Kodiaq scores. And I can't wait to try out the adjustable suspension. Driving it this week.

Last edited by GTO : 12th January 2022 at 09:14.
GTO is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 11th January 2022, 19:54   #236
BHPian

Guess what.
Skoda Kodiaq Sold Out for four months in just 24 hours. Probably expected considering the aggressive pricing.

Link - https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/88837060.cms
Kickdown is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th January 2022, 20:10   #237
Senior - BHPian

Hormazd's tweet. Why the four month wait? A friend who booked a Kodiaq in Blore was told Feb delivery, presuming he belongs to the first lot bookings. Seems like Skoda has had only 200 or so cars ready for first lot.
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop! Skoda Kodiaq Facelift prices leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 34.99 lakh-img20220111wa0131.jpg  

Last edited by Bibendum90949 : 11th January 2022 at 20:16.
Bibendum90949 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th January 2022, 20:17   #238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibendum90949 View Post
Hormazd's tweet. Why the four month wait. A friend who booked a Kodiaq in Blore was told Feb delivery. Am I missing something here?
Perhaps that tweet was for Mars where this is probably considered a 3-row SUV

On a serious note, you are not missing anything. I have been given similar commitment. If you look at the December sales chart, 55 units of Kodiaq were shipped. Its my understanding the plant is shut until 15th of Jan. So I am not sure what exactly were sold out in 24 hours "since" the price announcement.

Last edited by SR-71 : 11th January 2022 at 20:29.
SR-71 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 11th January 2022, 20:24   #239
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibendum90949 View Post
Hormazd's tweet. Why the four month wait? A friend who booked a Kodiaq in Blore was told Feb delivery, presuming he belongs to the first lot bookings. Seems like Skoda has had only 200 or so cars ready for first lot.
Your friend probably got the 1st batch booking itself. When they say sold out, it means dealers have placed orders. Few dealers would have ordered more cars even without bookings in anticipation of demand.

So they probably have the next batch expected in March but as of now the first batch is spoken for by dealer bookings.
Vid6639 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th January 2022, 21:56   #240
BHPian

Quote:
Its funny Skoda calls it Sportline without giving any actual mechanicals that make it sporty but they have been doing it with the Superb too. Logically and technically, DCC should be made available in a sporty variant but they limit it to the seats and the colours. I wish we were as wide a market like the west where these things can be optioned. In fact I would love to option the ergonomic seats with massaging function and ADAS by paying a premium on-top of these prices.It would then make it as good as a Volvo while being substantially cheaper! Not really sure if the petition would make any difference but who cares, I am in !

Last edited by vjbox : 11th January 2022 at 22:04.
vjbox is offline   (16) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks