Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2022, 00:33   #196
BHPian

re: Scoop! Skoda Kodiaq Facelift prices leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 34.99 lakh

Those Markus tires are good tbh. I did cut two of them on my trip to Ladakh but they had been great till then and not the tyres fault. I replaced them with Markus again because of lack of options and got each for 16k.
AnandB is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 11th January 2022, 06:57   #197
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Scoop! Skoda Kodiaq Facelift prices leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 34.99 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by avk View Post
RON 95 is 91 Octane. I have seen this misinterpreted in the Kushaq thread too. So what Skoda essentially informing is that normal petrol is enough.
95 Octane fuel which is XP95 is 100 RON.
Is this correct? IOCL claims XP95 is RON95 in all official literature and that normal petrol is RON91. RON100 is sold as XP100 at a huge premium.

Refer below:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.aut...-petrol-420689
itwasntme is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 11th January 2022, 08:32   #198
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_10 View Post
This is an interesting thought, I am going through same dilemma. I have already booked XUV700on a safer side but Kodiaq Sportsline is making my heart skip.

XUV700 has indeed given a proposition at a cheaper cost compared to market. However, we all know it will never be able to feel like a luxurious car.

My mind says XUV and save 15 lakhs and my heart says Sportsline for next 5 years and ride with pride.

Super Confused
M&M or Tata (and a couple others) will always be lot more VFM, always. Especially XUV700 - its unmatched. Although you get more than you pay for, it cant be compared to a Skoda. Period.
Old 11th January 2022, 09:57   #199
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMG1 View Post
For top AUTO models:on road Lucknow
Kodiaq Petrol only : 43.6
Gloster: 45
Fortuner:45.35
Legender: 50.18
The Kodiaq certainly makes a case for itself in this group of big, burly body-on-frame SUVs. The Kodiaq will be the fastest, the best handler, the most "car like" to drive and fun. They've also equipped it really well. I always considered the Kodiaq as a crossover that punches above its weight and with the adaptive suspension, it is now a real alternative to the luxury Germans (similar to how the Superb is vs an A4 or C-Class).

Biggest disadvantage is the lack of the 2.0 TDI in the ~170 BHP tune. Turbo-petrol is okay for those with low to medium level running, but for heavy users, it's a big no-no. The difference in petrol <-> diesel fuel bills for 2500 km / month will be huge. Plus, turbo-petrols are extremely sensitive to your driving style. Drive it like an enthusiast and you'll see 5 - 6 kmpl, where the 2.0 TDI would still give you 12 minimum.
GTO is offline   (27) Thanks
Old 11th January 2022, 10:11   #200
BHPian

I was about the put a similar point as GTO.

While comparing the prices, are we taking into account the fuel type. The other SUVs (Fortuner, Legender, compass) mentioned do seem to have diesel variant. We might have to compare the petrol variants, if any, in these and do the comparison.

But features wise, based on what I have seen in the current gen Octavia, where a lot has been shaven, Skoda seems to have learnt the lesson in case of Kodiaq
TheCarLover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2022, 10:20   #201
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjaygoyal View Post
Any idea on what OTR pricing will be for Mumbai for the L & K variant ?
Name:  Untitled.png
Views: 326
Size:  7.2 KB

As per carwale above are On-road prices for Mumbai Dr.Goyal.
Maky is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2022, 10:49   #202
Distinguished - BHPian

Very good pricing by Skoda. The Fortuner was running amok with its pricing after Ford's exit and no real competition in the market, but the Kodiaq will rein it in a bit (although of course, die hard Diesel fans will continue to have very few options).

I wish they had given the Kodiaq a higher level of tune compared to the Tiguan and the other VW 2.0 TSI based siblings and cousins. The car is a 7 seater and deserves more grunt than 320 NM when fully loaded. All the competitors (even the XUV 700 petrol) have 380+ NM. If the XUV can offer an engine with that kind of torque at just a third of the cost, (11.99 ex-showroom for Petrol MX), I don't see why Skoda could not have offered a higher state of tune (as in the EA 888 engine used on Audi Q5/A6) in the Kodiaq.
84.monsoon is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th January 2022, 10:58   #203
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCarLover View Post
While comparing the prices, are we taking into account the fuel type.
The gap between turbo-petrols & turbo-diesels has largely diminished (check pricing of Koreans as an example). The turbo-petrols of today are as complex & expensive to build as the common-rail diesels. That 1-lakh rupee diesel premium was there when compared to NA petrols.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th January 2022, 11:07   #204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
I don't see why Skoda could not have offered a higher state of tune (as in the EA 888 engine used on Audi Q5/A6) in the Kodiaq.
VW bosses certainly wouldn't want that to happen as it will affect the sales of Audi.
novice is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2022, 11:21   #205
Distinguished - BHPian

Given the comparison with XUV I see on this page, I couldn't help notice how underwhelmed the Overdrive fellow must have been doing this walkaround review.

I am not a big fellow but found it very difficult to access 3rd row of Kodiak when the last time it was displayed in shopping malls.

Skoda can advertise the vehicle as sold out within a few weeks nevertheless.
Old 11th January 2022, 11:22   #206
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
The Kodiaq certainly makes a case for itself in this group of big, burly body-on-frame SUVs. The Kodiaq will be the fastest, the best handler, the most "car like" to drive and fun. They've also equipped it really well. I always considered the Kodiaq as a crossover that punches above its weight and with the adaptive suspension, it is now a real alternative to the luxury Germans (similar to how the Superb is vs an A4 or C-Class).

Biggest disadvantage is the lack of the 2.0 TDI in the ~170 BHP tune. Turbo-petrol is okay for those with low to medium level running, but for heavy users, it's a big no-no. The difference in petrol <-> diesel fuel bills for 2500 km / month will be huge. Plus, turbo-petrols are extremely sensitive to your driving style. Drive it like an enthusiast and you'll see 5 - 6 kmpl, where the 2.0 TDI would still give you 12 minimum.
It is disappointing not to have diesel options for such a fabulous crossover. Many will not be able to consider this option unfortunately just because there is no TDI option available. Skoda missed the train again?

I was imagining a Diesel engine in same price bracket would have set the success path for this beauty. Skoda and VW should give a thought on this.

Cheers.
Old 11th January 2022, 11:31   #207
VND
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjaygoyal View Post
What tyres would u suggest ?

Even I hate them but thought that why tinker with what’s provided stock.

But definitely looking to change them.
I have been using Continental for almost 10 years now on my sedan's and SUV's, very happy with them.

I currently have Continental ContiSportContact5 SUV tires on my Tiguan Allspace which came as stocks, same size as Kodiaq. Good rubber IMO!
VND is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2022, 11:34   #208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guru_Shikhar View Post
It is disappointing not to have diesel options for such a fabulous crossover. Many will not be able to consider this option unfortunately just because there is no TDI option available. Skoda missed the train again?

I was imagining a Diesel engine in same price bracket would have set the success path for this beauty. Skoda and VW should give a thought on this.

Cheers.
Hasn’t VAG given up on diesel completely and switched over to electric after the scandal.

They DO NOT sell diesels anymore. Period.

We are discussing something that won’t happen.

Rather lets compare this car to it’s petrol rivals and then decide it’s VFM
drjaygoyal is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th January 2022, 11:37   #209
BHPian

Just booked a test drive and putting the new Kodiaq to serious contention over the XC60 we are planning to upgrade to in the near future. We are looking to upgrade to a good SUV with AWD, comfort and safety as a key parameters and the new Kodiaq seems to deliver them in spades. I am sort of sold on the equipment list with the L&K and given the time and ease down with the chips shortage issue, we should expect some decent discounts making a value proposition over the competition. All in all, fair pricing!
vjbox is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th January 2022, 11:39   #210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post

I wish they had given the Kodiaq a higher level of tune compared to the Tiguan and the other VW 2.0 TSI based siblings and cousins. The car is a 7 seater and deserves more grunt than 320 NM when fully loaded. All the competitors (even the XUV 700 petrol) have 380+ NM. If the XUV can offer an engine with that kind of torque at just a third of the cost, (11.99 ex-showroom for Petrol MX), I don't see why Skoda could not have offered a higher state of tune (as in the EA 888 engine used on Audi Q5/A6) in the Kodiaq.
Agreed but what are the tuning options for an enthusiast down the line from this 2.0 TSI ? What sort of figures one can extract from a tune/ remap?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks