Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2022, 13:55   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Citroen C5 Aircross facelift launched at 36.67L

Citroen C5 Aircross has gone up by Rs 2.89 lakh compared to the pre-facelift model.

Here's how it stacks up against its rivals on the price graph.

Citroen C5 Aircross facelift launched at 36.67L-20220908_135426.jpg
Venkatesh is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 8th September 2022, 14:06   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Citroen C5 Aircross has gone up by Rs 2.89 lakh compared to the pre-facelift model.

Here's how it stacks up against its rivals on the price graph.

Attachment 2356247
Wow, suddenly Tiguan and Tucson are super value for money
Honestly dont think Citroen is serious about selling this. They are mainly looking at C3 sales and C5 is just an addition as a pull factor for C3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harsha89 View Post
Main changes - the switch type gear selector and leather seats which are so plush and comfortable, even more so that the pre facelift version.
The leather seats, the head unit and the overall interiors looks much better than the previous model.

Last edited by sunikkat : 8th September 2022 at 14:09.
sunikkat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2022, 14:25   #48
BHPian

Well I guess this throws out the C5 Aircross as a potential replacement for our 2011 Innova, at 36.6 Lakh Ex-showroom we might as well buy a Camry Hybrid or Audi A4.
GreasyCarb55 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 8th September 2022, 14:36   #49
BHPian

Every new launch in this category makes the previous atrociously priced vehilce feel VFM - Compass, Tucson, Kodiaq...
naikameya is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th September 2022, 14:56   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunikkat View Post
Honestly dont think Citroen is serious about selling this. They are mainly looking at C3 sales and C5 is just an addition as a pull factor for C3.
In my opinion this is Renault's mistake for the past five years. The brand has been downgraded to the 'budget brand' status in India due to lack of premium product offering. Currently most of their cars are <10 lakh and once they release a >15 lakh product in the future they might struggle due to their brand image.

We have seen the result now, the Magnite outsold the Kiger despite Renault having a larger sales network likely because it looks like a Kwid.

Last edited by Astargea : 8th September 2022 at 14:58.
Astargea is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th September 2022, 15:26   #51
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by naikameya View Post
Every new launch in this category makes the previous atrociously priced vehilce feel VFM - Compass, Tucson, Kodiaq...
I think each OEMs taking other OEM's cost seriously as a competition and want to beat it outright.

I am guessing with C5, Citroen want to just establish slowly to a niche segment and be profitable at the same time. They want to captures the customer in big cities, needing comfort as a prime area and need some exclusivity. I know one landlord in Chakan area who bought C5 (Gen1) just for the exclusivity in the sea of Fortuner & Endeavors. Some has Volvo, some got Land cruiser.

With the legacy of C5, they want to go mass with the cars like C3 where we have seen price is OKish for the build, features etc.
Old 8th September 2022, 16:50   #52
BHPian

Seriously with that pricing they are well above their competition and are competing with MG Gloster which offers more space. Since Toyota has increased Fortuner prices, other seems are trying to leverage that vacant spot in pricing.
Old 8th September 2022, 17:28   #53
Senior - BHPian

Looks good and would drive well too, but at around Rs 43-45L OTR for a 5 seater is it worth it! It's hardly seen on the roads would be a depreciation disaster the moment you buy it. With diesel on the way out and with stricter emission norms at the end of 10 years it would head straight to the scrap yard! Citroen has to increase visibility and we even don't see much of the C3 on the roads too! Some one with deep pockets and with a need to stand out from the crowd would buy it, most of us will be given to ogling whenever we see one! With the Mighty Diesel Fortuner and Innova skating on thin ice, what can Citroen do: will it be around in India in 2-3 years time??

Last edited by Durango Dude : 8th September 2022 at 17:31.
Durango Dude is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th September 2022, 19:10   #54
BHPian

Veblen goods. I think car companies have figured out that apart from mainstream eco-boxes all other cars come under this category, where typical pricing rules don't apply. It kind of makes sense for India, such a poor country with very low vehicle ownership, these things become luxury products.

The lower end of the spectrum is actually very well priced in India and it probably is one of the cheapest countries to own a car. However, if you want a global product, well made safe car, comparable to that of developed economies, then it becomes a completely different story. Really a tale of two segments.
inwester is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2022, 19:50   #55
BHPian

Hats off to the audacity of their pricing team. Suddenly even Meridian makes a lot more sense. This was a flop and very well will remain in that category. Not sure what they even gain by launching product which has DISASTER written all over. Because of such cars by and large industry is blatantly increasing prices overall. Looking at it Fortunner will increase price :-D. Soon Skoda/VW/Tata/MG/Hyundai/Mahindra will follow the trend. Harrier/Hector at 30 Lakhs may soon be norm. Wonder industry really want people to progress with their cars or they want to burden people with unfathomable prices?
Old 8th September 2022, 21:13   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1.2TSI7DSG View Post
So it's ok if VW charges tens of thousands for stickering their special editions
I am a Toyota owner, and i do not even get stickers for price hikes. So i feel you
Btw there are some additional interior upgrades that i see including the screen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhijet.sen View Post
Wonder industry really want people to progress with their cars or they want to burden people with unfathomable prices?
Only things we could do to pass on a message to OEMs-

1. Show patience and rein in the urge to buy cars. Ride this time out with existing cars. Discounts will begin. There is a frenzy out there and as long as we keep buying, just cribbing about it will not matter to OEMs

2. Relook at need vs want. Move laterally, or to a lower category. Features, safety, performance- it is all there in lower category cars today. This great thread is even more relevant today
- https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buyin...-car-less.html (ARTICLE: The Beauty of Lateral Upgrades (Getting MORE CAR for LESS $$$))

Last edited by achyutaghosh : 8th September 2022 at 21:24.
achyutaghosh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2022, 21:47   #57
BHPian

Truly feels sad for the dealers of such stupid companies. Don't know what Citroen and likes are thinking and taking Indian consumers for granted. I would never dare to buy an outdated car in this segment at least even if the price was not hiked at all, forget the fancy increase to the tag.
Old 8th September 2022, 21:53   #58
BHPian

Maybe they can follow Apple model

Keep both versions and sell the pre-facelift at discounted price now
Old 8th September 2022, 22:24   #59
Senior - BHPian

18 months ago I paid few thousands more for Fortuner 4x4AT, not a comparable car by any means but price and size wise, Fortuner is from segment above. With car companies looking to hike prices this year, soon we may see 50L rupee C5 in KA, provided Citroen company decides to stay. Not to forget, BMW X1 was available at slightly lower price a year ago.
PrideRed is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th September 2022, 09:57   #60
mtk
BHPian

Absolutely gorgeous looking vehicle. Sheer beauty! But I cannot fathom the logic behind this atrocious pricing.

Since the launch of the C5, I have seen probably 1 on the road. With such abundance to even thinking about this top-end price is a crime. No ADAS, No 360 camera, No 4x4, and whatnot!

I did a quick Google search to download the brochure and I couldn't believe what I saw. I believe the priorities are misplaced. I'm not sure if this title is dynamic. But this super feature is what you pay 36.67L for?

Citroen C5 Aircross facelift launched at 36.67L-c5.png
mtk is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks