Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2021, 10:03   #1
BHPian

Poor RSA by Hyundai

I would like to share an ordeal which we faced with Hyundai today. We a family of 9 (7 Adults + 2 Kids) went to Tirupati yesterday 1st December 2021 in 2 cars (My Venue & BIL's Grand i10 Nios).

We had a great Darshan inspite of landslide which happened there. But as the movement was vehicles was only through downward road there was a huge delay, which was different experience to share.

While returning, 20 kms before Thiruttani at 11:30 PM there was a huge pothole, my BIL didn't notice it, the moment car went through the pothole both front and back left tyre got punctured. Unfortunately, the puncture was at the sidewall, front tyre was totally gone, there was a huge crack and can't repaired. We thankfully were able find a puncture shop changed front tyre with stepney, for back he applied puncture but stated we need to fill air every 10 kms. So we drove slowly, would have crossed 5 kms the back tyre tore beyond imagination.

We don't want to risk further and called Hyundai RSA at 1 AM, we explained our situation and asked for tow vehicle, the person got all our details and stated within an hour they will send the truck. Thinking they will resolve it, my dad and BIL stayed there and I moved to Chennai as we had kids and didn't want to risk. After an hour, my BIL got a call from RSA and was informed currently they don't have a truck and by 6 AM they will send the truck. At 6 AM, the truck driver asked to share the location, when we did so he stated we are in interior (10 kms from Thiruttani is interior for him) and canceled. When spoke to RSA, they said to send another vehicle, at around 8 AM the same truck driver called and said will take more than an hour to come and will tow the vehicle back to Tirupati showroom which we felr was absurd considering Thiruttani is just few kms away, we said no thanks and denided their assistance. Later, BIL found a puncture shop at Thiruttani got a spare tyre and now returning back.

This is ridiculous from Hyundai, I have been always a fan of Hyundai and my last 2 cars were Hyundai. But this kind of service will put anyone off, you can gave Dancy yeah and good looking cars, but when in need your assistance is what will matter. What if we met with an accident? what if we didn't find a puncture shop? Considering the reach of teambhp, I hope this will be read by Hyundai bosses.
vvivek85 is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2021, 10:21   #2
BHPian

Re: Poor RSA by Hyundai

Poor show by Hyundai, SHAME, what do they mean they don't have tow trucks? Are there multiple accidents happening at that time or they're unwilling to get out of bed or its usual cost cutting?

RSA should be top priority, I'm guessing they pretty much forced the only Tow Truck they had to get back to you again

Should I include my RSA in my insurance, just in case Hyundai isn't willing to provide assistance for my creta
RohaNN_kWh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2021, 12:21   #3
BHPian

RSA should be number 1 in the list of priorities for after-sales. It's a shame that you had to undergo such an ordeal only due to the careless attitude of the company. Wonder how they can be so casual, when it's clear that a person has opted to place a call to RSA only because the matter is serious and real help is needed.
IamNikhil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2021, 14:37   #4
Senior - BHPian

Does Hyundai have their own fleet and staff for RSA? Or is it the dealers who hire and manage them?

In this case, it appears they were dependent on a third party service provider. So, the driver cancelling after learning the location, is not a surprise.

But, at the same time, keeping drivers on payroll 24/7, deployed at various parts of a state, again is a huge expense.

I am assuming, Hyundai has a combination of both.

Have they mentioned it somewhere that they will provide assistance within X number of hours?
ashutoshb is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2021, 15:04   #5
BHPian

This is terrible! Usually, OEMs outsource RSA to 3rd party providers. And their performance varies from place to place. Do share the RSA provider name so that fellow BHPians can be aware.

And do escalate to Hyundai. IMO, Hyundai is not bad. They should make it up to you.

Regards,
lsjey
lsjey is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2021, 15:38   #6
BANNED

Real shame on Hyundai RSA the way they handled the case and that too at 1am with family and kids. They should atleast have courtesy to arrange tow vehicle from elsewhere if they only have one tow truck available with them. This are the people who damage name of the company and they must be an third party. Do escalate Hyundai higher ups and ask them to compensate for the ordeal.
Somz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2021, 19:21   #7
BHPian

This is really lame from the RSA guy, RSA is for emergency purpose, it's not like you are buying new alloys so that you can wait a few hours!

However, I had a completely different experience when I had a flat tire in Kolkata. I have a KA vehicle and parked the car on road in Kolkata and some one found it necessary to fiddle with the valve and break it. Hyundai RSA first couldn't find my vehicle in their database and denied the service. Being a Sunday, local garages were also closed and were denied service by GoMechanicic also. Thought of trying Hyundai RSA once more, and this time things worked as it should. RSA connected us to a local garage, they promised to come within 30 minutes. The person was present in 25 minutes from the call, changed the tire in 5 minutes arranged the tools neatly, got tipped and left! The whole process took 1 hour since we first tried to contact the RSA.
dgogold is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2021, 14:17   #8

Glad you are all safe, The Hyundai RSA is terrible big time!!!, I have experienced it too. Sharing my ordeal below.

Few Days ago I met with an Accident(Another thread) near Nelamanga Highway(Near Nelamangala Toll to Enter Benguluru), due to which there was hug pile up of traffic.
I tried reaching the RSA and in-spite staying on call with these folks for 30mins, Assistance was not provided, I was being regularly being transferred from one department to another. I was fed up amidst the traffic chaos and being on the call and disconnected.

Later on I get a SMS and Call from RSA stating that I need to transfer INR 3600/- as towing charges and post that they will assign a towing vehicle. I flatly refused as they said they cannot guarantee that the vehicle will reach me in another 3 to 4 hrs.(This being inside the Bengaluru city limits).

I was able to hire a private towing vehicle(Charged INR 4000) who was able to reach the accident spot within half an hour and towed the damaged vehicle to Hyundai showroom(Advaith Hyundai ITPL Branch).

I was under the impression that NHAI provides us assistance in case there is any accident on the National Highway, but I was not able to reach them nor find any number from NHAI that would be of help in such situation.
And the RSA with whom we place our utmost trust was unable to help in Realtime.
srihari154 is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks