Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2022, 00:14   #331

Re: Mahindra XUV700 | Long wait times for deliveries

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedanlover2021 View Post
My XUV 700 AX L AWD Silver (Diesel) booked on 3rd February has been given delivery timeline of Nov/Dec 2023. Wow!
Amazing. We are just past 2021 and soon we will be hearing news of delivery timelines for 2024. No one, absolutely no one except the most patient, or the ones who can visualize and map the end-of-life of their current vehicles to such long timelines and then make these advanced bookings now (except for us unfortunate Dilliwallahs where such planning is obligatory with the 10/15 year rule) can jump into this crazy XUV 700 booking.

Having booked the same and being on a long road to delivery myself, I actually see the probability of a new launch enticing me away from xuv700 as higher, compared to getting to that late delivery. We will see.
tanvirkazmi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th March 2022, 13:56   #332
BHPian

Last week, my Mahindra dealership sales agent called me and requested me to pick up my car.
I told him my XUV7OO AWD's delivery is slated to be in August-September 2022. He clarified that it was some other customer's delivery which the dealership wants to allocate to me as he/she isn't picking up.

Firstly, the little niggles in software in the current lot bother me. Secondly, I am still pretty happy with my Scorpio.
I therefore prefer to wait and get a more sorted software car in the second half of the year.

Sales agent was mighty surprised. I felt the disappointment in his words.

I just hope by the time I get my car, all the niggles are sorted. Plus it gets sorted for all the current customers as well. All the customer reviews pretty much state unanimously that besides software, the car is a gem.
fazalmirza is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 5th March 2022, 19:42   #333
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalmirza View Post
Last week, my Mahindra dealership sales agent called me and requested me to pick up my car.
I told him my XUV7OO AWD's delivery is slated to be in August-September 2022. He clarified that it was some other customer's delivery which the dealership wants to allocate to me as he/she isn't picking up.

Firstly, the little niggles in software in the current lot bother me. Secondly, I am still pretty happy with my Scorpio.
I therefore prefer to wait and get a more sorted software car in the second half of the year.

Sales agent was mighty surprised. I felt the disappointment in his words.

I just hope by the time I get my car, all the niggles are sorted. Plus it gets sorted for all the current customers as well. All the customer reviews pretty much state unanimously that besides software, the car is a gem.
While this is great offer, make sure that the dealership isn't try to push a vehicle that has been PDI rejected. I know of one case, where the dealer was trying to push a PDI rejected vehicle saying that the person to whom it was allocated to couldn't arrange the funds !!!
shrk_18 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th March 2022, 18:51   #334
BHPian

Hi All,
Does anyone have a indication of the time taken from "Order under Planning" to " Vehicle at dealership". as got my status has moved from Order Processed
to order under planning. Wondering on when it would reach the dealer.

Thanks in advance.
Old 8th March 2022, 09:47   #335
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrk_18 View Post
While this is great offer, make sure that the dealership isn't try to push a vehicle that has been PDI rejected. I know of one case, where the dealer was trying to push a PDI rejected vehicle saying that the person to whom it was allocated to couldn't arrange the funds !!!
How to determine whether the vehicle is PDI rejected
Dark water is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th March 2022, 10:47   #336
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark water View Post
How to determine whether the vehicle is PDI rejected
Multiple ways,
  • Check with someone internally at the dealership ( toughest and will need trusted contacts )
  • Look for obvious things - dents, scratches, paint differences, accident repairs ( door sills are a give away usually ), alloy bends, etc
  • Infotainment issues - Display issues, damage to the display, damage to the instrument cluster, etc
  • Check the odo reading, should ideally never be more than 60-70kms, anything higher is a suspicious vehicle

There could be more like this, but yeah these are things I would check. I would take someone experienced along who can help with PDI and also quiz the dealership guys to catch anything fishy
shrk_18 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th March 2022, 19:33   #337
Distinguished - BHPian

I had initially booked the AX5 petrol (7-seater, MT, Red Rage) on 13th March which had gone to the processing stage before I cancelled that booking and went ahead with the AX5 diesel (same config) on 16th March since the AX5 petrol doesn't come with ESP which I regard as a highly important safety feature for such a heavy SUV as the 7OO.

Today I checked the "My Bookings" section in the 7OO webpage and was pleasantly greeted by the prompt :-

Quote:
Hi Avinash *******, we are on it. Your very own adrenaline rush is being prepped. The estimated delivery date of your Mahindra XUV700 is between 23rd Jul and 22nd Aug 2022.
That's 4-5 months from the date of booking.

Now, my first booking for the petrol was done directly from the "Buy Online" link, from where you select your Mahindra car/SUV and the variant and place your online booking, whereas my second booking (for the diesel) was from the Configurator and the Saved Configuration section of My Profile in the XUV7OO webpage - I had a previously half-saved configuration of a AX5 in Silver shade which I modified as per my current requirements and saved all changes before proceeding to book from that saved Configuration page.

Not sure if this is a shortcut trick to get the 7OO quicker, or it's a result of cancelled bookings, or finally some steam is underway to produce more 7OOs as quickly as possible, but I am glad to see Mahindra getting very active to delivering 7OOs to it's customers soon.

Let's hope this ETA to the final delivery date is correct and doesn't get modified to some Martian date in the near future.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 19th March 2022 at 19:39. Reason: added online configurator link.
RavenAvi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th April 2022, 13:36   #338
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Not sure if this is a shortcut trick to get the 7OO quicker, or it's a result of cancelled bookings, or finally some steam is underway to produce more 7OOs as quickly as possible, but I am glad to see Mahindra getting very active to delivering 7OOs to it's customers soon.
This is a great bit of information. One quick follow up question on this - Is there any difference in booking online (through the configurator) or through the M&M showroom with a SA? As I do understand, one has to choose the dealership while booking online too. Hence, wouldn't it be better to book directly through the dealership?
Old 14th April 2022, 00:49   #339
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarutiGuy1977 View Post
This is a great bit of information. One quick follow up question on this - Is there any difference in booking online (through the configurator) or through the M&M showroom with a SA? As I do understand, one has to choose the dealership while booking online too. Hence, wouldn't it be better to book directly through the dealership?
I have done a parallel booking of the 7OO directly through another dealership in the first week of April, who have promised me an earlier delivery than my original one which was done on 16th March.

What I noticed, is that the online updation of the direct dealership booking took a fair bit longer than the previous online booking I had done in March. My March online booking, done through the Configurator, was updated in the My Profile portal within 48 hours and the ETA to delivery started showing in around 4 days' time!

Whereas, my April booking done through the dealership showed the "Booking complete" confirmation after 6 days from when the dealership had secured it. And from day before yesterday only, it started showing the ETA to possible delivery dates' range - that's 12 days after the booking was done.
RavenAvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th April 2022, 20:08   #340
BHPian

I booked XUV 700 AX5 Diesel on 27th March 2022 and the estimated delivery date is 25th Feb-27th Mar 2023. I booked it through online. I am hoping that they deliver the vehicle much faster; I can't wait till March 2023.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 | Long wait times for deliveries-screenshot-20220426-200710.png  

Old 27th April 2022, 18:52   #341
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabsubs View Post
I booked XUV 700 AX5 Diesel on 27th March 2022 and the estimated delivery date is 25th Feb-27th Mar 2023. I booked it through online. I am hoping that they deliver the vehicle much faster; I can't wait till March 2023.
Well, I would consider you lucky in that case sabsubs! I booked on April 20th [AX7L D AT and AX7L P AT] and have got a date of Feb-March 2024!

I am a patient person (or so I believe). But this thing is going to test my patience!
Old 15th May 2022, 18:08   #342

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanvirkazmi View Post
Amazing. We are just past 2021 and soon we will be hearing news of delivery timelines for 2024. No one, absolutely no one except the most patient, or the ones who can visualize and map the end-of-life of their current vehicles to such long timelines and then make these advanced bookings now (except for us unfortunate Dilliwallahs where such planning is obligatory with the 10/15 year rule) can jump into this crazy XUV 700 booking.

Having booked the same and being on a long road to delivery myself, I actually see the probability of a new launch enticing me away from xuv700 as higher, compared to getting to that late delivery. We will see.
Hello,

I booked Mahindra XUV 700 from Koncept Mahindra Lajpat Nagar on 5th April. The SA tells me that I should get it within 4 months! Something I highly doubt.

The website shows Feb 2023. I don't know which one to believe.

Worse the new scorpio is also out which could hamper production timelines further.

Can anyone give me better idea?
Old 15th May 2022, 19:30   #343
BHPian

Hi,
My booking of 25th April 2022 for AX7 L - D AT, shows expected delivery of January 2024.
The dealer is confident of delivery within a year.

But I am not convinced. How can there be such a huge gap between the system generated date and dealer promised date.

Last edited by dragstar : 15th May 2022 at 19:41.
Old 16th May 2022, 08:53   #344
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragstar View Post
Hi,
My booking of 25th April 2022 for AX7 L - D AT, shows expected delivery of January 2024.
The dealer is confident of delivery within a year.

But I am not convinced. How can there be such a huge gap between the system generated date and dealer promised date.
The dealer is relying on high cancellations considering the huge waiting. If no one cancels, the Mahindra quoted date would be close. Also note many people book cars with multiple dealers to hedge who provides the car first. Booking amount lost on cancellation is hardly anything considering the price of the car.
dipen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2022, 09:35   #345
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shans281 View Post
Worse the new scorpio is also out which could hamper production timelines further.
Everything depends on how early one needs a car. The one good thing (for a prospective XUV7OO owner who is willing to wait) is that people in need of a car immediately would be moving to Scorpio. With launch of other SUVs like new Hyundai Tucson, the waiting period should definitely start coming down. Lets just hope that there are no more global supply chain issues.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks