Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2022, 15:57   #196
BHPian

re: 4th-Gen Hyundai Tucson spotted testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 27.70 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by manpreetsj View Post
That means Tucson will get same 3rd gen 2L Nu NA Petrol engine as being sold in Alcazar. Basis Alcazar reviews this engine has very high gear ratios and is damn linear. Will be the most lethargic one in that price range! Maybe Diesel (even if same as current gen) will be the way to go, but same will be expensive at mid or top variant. 1-2 months more to see Tucson and Hector (hopefully) facelifts!
True. I drive 2018 Petrol Elantra. The engine though very refined, is sluggish Not at all fun to drive on open highways. it's best to run on city roads; would feel that 192 NM torque and the so called 152 BHP are only on paper not in reality.
Old 1st June 2022, 20:39   #197
BHPian

re: 4th-Gen Hyundai Tucson spotted testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 27.70 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by manpreetsj View Post
That means Tucson will get same 3rd gen 2L Nu NA Petrol engine as being sold in Alcazar.
And there go my daydreams of Hyundai bringing in their PHEV!

Hyundai just doesn't care about their D-segmenters in India. Elantra, Tucson and SantaFe have received very little attention by Hyundai in India historically - they do the bare minimum to mark a presence in the D segment without really bringing in the power trains and trim levels that are needed for success.

If they settle for the same engine options as Alcazar and Elantra, Tucson is really dead in the water. There just isn't enough of a desirability factor.
qaqa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st June 2022, 22:06   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by qaqa View Post
If they settle for the same engine options as Alcazar and Elantra, Tucson is really dead in the water. There just isn't enough of a desirability factor.
Well, there always the diesel with a firecracker of an engine that puts out 185 BHP and 400+ Nm of torque . Even in the current generation of the Tucson, the diesel sells more than the petrol and is the enthusiast’s choice.

Does not apply if you are in Delhi of course.

Last edited by lordrayden : 1st June 2022 at 22:08.
lordrayden is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 1st June 2022, 22:15   #199
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordrayden View Post
Well, there always the diesel with a firecracker of an engine that puts out 185 BHP and 400+ Nm of torque . Even in the current generation of the Tucson, the diesel sells more than the petrol and is the enthusiast’s choice.

As far as I know Diesel Engine is also not a firecracker but more like one which delivers linear power and will definitely make you smile if you push it. Though it is primarily built to cruise and not for enthusiastic driving.
AtheK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st June 2022, 22:48   #200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
As far as I know Diesel Engine is also not a firecracker but more like one which delivers linear power and will definitely make you smile if you push it. Though it is primarily built to cruise and not for enthusiastic driving.
Oh it is a firecracker of a motor alright and mated to that brilliant 8 speed AT makes it one enthusiastic car to drive. So much so, I have clocked 12.5k kms in 2 months.

Put it in “sport” mode and it’s an altogether a different beast.
drhoneycake is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2022, 14:17   #201
BHPian

Quote:

Oh that’s why the SA gave me a strange stare in January when I told him I want to buy petrol Tucson He politely told if you are buying Tucson buy diesel sir, people buy only Diesel model. No showroom in Bengaluru had a petrol Demo vehicle.
KrishKallapur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2022, 16:57   #202
BHPian

So with all the bells and whistles, the new Tucson will be close to 35L on road in States where there's the usual road tax.
sweetvar26 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2022, 11:35   #203
BHPian

I had a word with Advaith Hyundai today and they told me July mid is the expected launch and they expect first batch by mid August. Booking amount is 50k.
Old 3rd June 2022, 14:41   #204
BHPian

With the Hyundai Venue now formally unveiled, it looks like the Tucson will be unveiled a little later. I think by announcing it before the Venue, and unveiling it after, we might see a more comprehensive launch with media drives, etc. If launch really is happening in July like some dealers are saying, the media drives may start by end-June.
Old 3rd June 2022, 15:26   #205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayer23 View Post
I had a word with Advaith Hyundai today and they told me July mid is the expected launch and they expect first batch by mid August. Booking amount is 50k.
Advaith seem to be most pessimistic of them. May be they have some old stock. Their SA even argued with me that new gen won’t be launched this year at all! He was citing 4 year release cycle of Hyundai. He was damn insisting on me to buy old gen. Then I got pissed off and told him Hyundai seems to be not serious on Tucson, I don’t want to buy a car where I pay a premium and fall in a neglected group. Then he shut down.
Old 4th June 2022, 00:19   #206
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrishKallapur View Post
Advaith seem to be most pessimistic of them. May be they have some old stock. Their SA even argued with me that new gen won’t be launched this year at all! He was citing 4 year release cycle of Hyundai. He was damn insisting on me to buy old gen. Then I got pissed off and told him Hyundai seems to be not serious on Tucson, I don’t want to buy a car where I pay a premium and fall in a neglected group. Then he shut down.
Haha, doubt it. I categorically called and asked for the old version (because I need a car quickly), but they don't seem to have it in stock anymore.
Old 5th June 2022, 18:32   #207
BHPian

I started seeing ads about Tucson on Instagram/FB as coming soon.
Old 5th June 2022, 20:20   #208
BHPian

I've seen a couple of ads on TV about the upcoming Tucson during the French Open matches. In fact I think it is the same one on the website.

The SA I was speaking to has been asking me to pre-book. I've told him I'll wait till now details are available before committing. Fingers crossed!
Old 5th June 2022, 22:40   #209
BHPian

Quote:
Well, there always the diesel with a firecracker of an engine that puts out 185 BHP and 400+ Nm of torque
I guess that's before Tata's and Mahindra (with 470nm) upped the game. In the world of XUV7OO, I am not sure if its class leading. The USP ofcourse was the AT gearbox they offered with the facelift. Lets hope the same continues
Old 6th June 2022, 09:04   #210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atluri_rkc View Post
I guess that's before Tata's and Mahindra (with 470nm) upped the game. In the world of XUV7OO, I am not sure if its class leading.
I think even the recently discontinued (gen3) Tucson would still be on top in this particular comparison. And if the rumors are true, the same 2.0 diesel engine in the new Tucson would be tuned for a little more torque. The Harrier/Safari's FCA sourced 2.0 diesel produces a comparitively lower 350 Nm of torque. Yes, the XUV700's 2.2 diesel in the automatic version produces 450 Nm of torque, but you have to remember that the XUV700 is a MUCH heavier car.

If we look at VBOX tested 0-100 kmph numbers, the XUV700 Diesel AT as tested by Evo India did the run in 9.88 seconds. No one has tested 0-100 in the facelifted Tucson, but Autocar India had tested the pre-facelift Tucson with the 6-speed AT and that came in at 9.48 seconds. It stands to reason that the facelifted Tucson with the superior next gen 8-speed AT would be quicker.

Also, while Torque-to-weight ratio is not a definitive metric, it does give a general ball-park idea of performance. The Tucson heads that pack here too.

Name:  Tucson_XUV700_Harrier_T2W.png
Views: 406
Size:  9.7 KB

Quote:
Originally Posted by atluri_rkc View Post
The USP ofcourse was the AT gearbox they offered with the facelift. Lets hope the same continues
Yes, all indications point to the same diesel engine/gearbox combination being used in the next gen Tucson here in India.
lordrayden is online now   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks