Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2022, 14:04   #181
BHPian

re: 4th-Gen Hyundai Tucson spotted testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 27.70 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivs2003 View Post

1. Far shorter presence in India compared to Hyundai. Most Indian customers do have brand loyalty factor, not because of choice, but because of satisfaction of product. I myself never liked Hyundai all that much, I always preferred Toyota/Honda. But, I was gifted a Creta by my family. I have run the car for 4+ years, clocked over 1.3Lac KM, and i am very satisfied. It gives me confidence in the brand.
Can’t agree more with you! I drive a Volkswagen Ameo. This is my 6th car. I have driven 3 cars from Hyundai, one from Tata, one from Ford before. I must say Hyundai is definitely a winner in terms of service availability and satisfaction. Tata and Ford were the worst. I usually drive to my village in Shimoga district from Bengaluru and if some problem arises, service station is key. I was initially interested in Volkswagen Taigun and Skoda Kushaq but avoided them despite being a Volkswagen owner for service non availability.

Hyundai is a clear winner and can sell in volumes if they want.
KrishKallapur is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th May 2022, 20:09   #182
Distinguished - BHPian

re: 4th-Gen Hyundai Tucson spotted testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 27.70 lakh

Spy pics of the New Tucson:

4th-Gen Hyundai Tucson spotted testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 27.70 lakh-nextgenhyundaitucsonspottedtestinginhyderabad1194x1536.jpg

4th-Gen Hyundai Tucson spotted testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 27.70 lakh-hyundaitucsonspootedtestinginhydrear768x818.jpg

4th-Gen Hyundai Tucson spotted testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 27.70 lakh-2022hyundaitucsonspottedtestingrear1200x877.jpg

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 30th May 2022 at 20:10.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2022, 22:34   #183
BHPian

Is there a date in sight yet? Also, my SA told me that the Tucson launch would be preluded by facelift Venue launch, which is expected in June.

With that info, I am now slightly sceptic that this could push the Tucson launch, assuming that the company might not really go for 2 major launches in almost consecutive months.
Old 30th May 2022, 23:19   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinghShu View Post
Is there a date in sight yet? Also, my SA told me that the Tucson launch would be preluded by facelift Venue launch, which is expected in June.

With that info, I am now slightly sceptic that this could push the Tucson launch, assuming that the company might not really go for 2 major launches in almost consecutive months.
I feel Tucson launch will be the 1st one before any other facelift launch. If you go to Hyundai India homepage, you see Tucson right there and that would show priority of what company is planning to launch next
https://www.hyundai.com/in/en

In next one month, there should be more details coming out.
Old 30th May 2022, 23:25   #185
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel911 View Post
I feel Tucson launch will be the 1st one before any other facelift launch. If you go to Hyundai India homepage, you see Tucson right there and that would show priority of what company is planning to launch next
https://www.hyundai.com/in/en

In next one month, there should be more details coming out.
I had posted in this thread sometime back that BM of a hyunai dealership had told me Venue will launch first followed by Tucson, seems that is how it will still pan out.

Venue is a much important car for Hyundai then Tucson, Hyundai might still surprise us with announcing both together, but at this point if i have to put my money on one, I would say Venue will launch earlier.
AtheK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2022, 23:50   #186
Senior - BHPian

My guess is that Hyundai will launch both New Tucson and Venue Facelift in quick successions. A gap of week or two cannot be ruled out.

I think the Venue Facelift will be a soft launch, while the Tucson being a more premium offering will have a Grand launch.

It'll likely be like this - Product Unveil - Media Drive - Price Announcement - Sales commencement.

All this will happen within July since many dealers are claiming launch in last week of June or early July.
CarguyNish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2022, 09:18   #187
BHPian

As far as Venue is concerned, I don’t think Hyundai needs to do anything other than publicity. It is an established product line. However is Tucson being talked as flagship. Compared to outgoing model other than the name, it is totally refreshed. I guess Hyundai will spend more gas on Tucson and though it is maintaining secrecy I think it will be a grand launch. If I remember correctly they did similarly when they launched Alcazar.
KrishKallapur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2022, 10:45   #188
BHPian

My SA tells me that June 19th is the launch date fixed for Tucson.
KrishKallapur is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st June 2022, 11:59   #189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrishKallapur View Post
4th-Gen Hyundai Tucson spotted testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 27.70 lakh-a3f5e3c2b2e24432b20f15d49f14cddb.jpeg

As per PowerDrift’s post just in the last hour, the new Venue launches on June 16th.

Not sure if Hyundai will do two launches within days of each other, irrespective of which segments they are in.
lordrayden is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st June 2022, 12:08   #190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrishKallapur View Post
I am going to assume your dealership is Trident :-). At least that information is being conveyed to everyone whom I know have been in touch with them, including yours truly. Earlier they were mentioning mid may announcement and mid June launch. Now that May is gone, they have conveniently moved the dates. Take these information with a "jar" of salt, no matter which dealership it comes from. Once the car goes for certification you will certainly hear it from reputed sources.

Last edited by SR-71 : 1st June 2022 at 12:12.
Old 1st June 2022, 13:50   #191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post
I am going to assume your dealership is Trident :-). At least that information is being conveyed to everyone whom I know have been in touch with them, including yours truly. Earlier they were mentioning mid may announcement and mid June launch. Now that May is gone, they have conveniently moved the dates.
The SA at Trident via whom I've booked the Tucson, has quoted a launch date of mid July when I checked early this week .
Old 1st June 2022, 13:54   #192
BHPian

Quote:
The SA at Trident via whom I've booked the Tucson, has quoted a launch date of mid July when I checked early this week .
You have answered you own conundrum - “you have booked” - so the date magically goes forward a month
SR-71 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2022, 14:29   #193
BHPian

Quote:
When I called Trident to enquire (did not book), the SA provided same update and also mentioned delivery will start sometime in August. I asked about their product training etc, he mentioned nothing is scheduled yet but expected during the second half of this month.

I am not sure how much they know or hear from Hyundai but he seemed almost certain that the new model will retain same engine options as the old. Now I am just hoping against hope that they bring the 1.6L turbo petrol engine to India.
Old 1st June 2022, 14:42   #194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Factor View Post
I am just hoping against hope that they bring the 1.6L turbo petrol engine to India.
That means Tucson will get same 3rd gen 2L Nu NA Petrol engine as being sold in Alcazar. Basis Alcazar reviews this engine has very high gear ratios and is damn linear. Will be the most lethargic one in that price range! Maybe Diesel (even if same as current gen) will be the way to go, but same will be expensive at mid or top variant. 1-2 months more to see Tucson and Hector (hopefully) facelifts!
Old 1st June 2022, 15:20   #195
BHPian

I saw a couple of reviews about the 2022 International Tucson on youtube. The headlight high beam throw appears to be weird. It lights up the left and right side of the vehicle and not the front, hampering visibility.

Anyone here noticed it?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks