Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2021, 14:54   #46
BHPian

Re: Why is the VW Polo unavailable? Is a big update coming?

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbardhan View Post
I wanted the Polo and I am willing to hold till march not do an impulse buy. Its very difficult beyond that. I Pray ppl cancel their Taigun / Slavia / Kushaq Bookings.
I saw your post 15 mins ago and went to VW’s website to see if they were accepting bookings for the Polo. And just a minute later I got a call from the dealer in Thane (MH) asking me my color choice for the HL+ AT I’d booked. I’m excited and not so excited about this at the same time because after reading the cancellation and refund posts, I was like maybe even i won’t get one.

Dealer said he’ll arrange for delivery this month based on white colors availability. He doesn’t have my choice color Sunset Red (was promised between this and white even when other dealers said Flash Red is available, sunset red is discontinued).

Will check for the Manufacturing date and do a pdi and then take a decision whether to buy or cancel the booking.
throttleflick is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th December 2021, 12:43   #47
BHPian

Dealer called last week stating they got 6 cars and will offer me a White Or a Silver. According to him although several customers cancelled few like me insisted on keeping the booking - they booked first so they got the colors they wanted.

I chose silver. Did PDI according to team bhp checklist. Manufacture is Nov 21 with 15 km on Odo - it says some test distance.

Car looked OK and I after PDI (sans electrical systems) I approved for the car. Dealer said there is another inspection I am to do just before delivery for all systems and the remaining electricals. I did not understand this logic but car and vin looks genuine as its in several places along with a huge paper sticker on glass (it will be registered by then though)

A meagre 25k Volkswagen discount despite being November 2021.

Last edited by manson : 11th December 2021 at 14:07. Reason: Typos.
arbardhan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2021, 20:11   #48
BHPian

Had been to VW Mysore Road today to check out the VW Taigun (To check out the 1.5L TSI with the DSG gearbox specifically as we're planning to buy the Slavia/Virtus)

Had a casual chit-chat with the SA and here's what I heard from him:
  1. The Polo and Vento are going out of stock soon. Emphasis is solely on the SUVs till the Virtus arrives.

2. Virtus will apparently hit the showrooms immediately after the Slavia. i.e April 22' and will replace the Vento.

3. According to him VW is gearing up to launch three new vehicles in 2022 ; Virtus in the summer, the new Polo during the festive season and apparently the new Jetta by end - 2022. I will take the news of the Polo and Jetta with a pinch of salt.
On a personal note, I would love to see the Polo and Jetta come back to India!
Babruvahanaaaaa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th December 2021, 20:17   #49
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babruvahanaaaaa View Post
Had been to VW Mysore Road today to check out the VW Taigun (To check out the 1.5L TSI with the DSG gearbox specifically as we're planning to buy the Slavia/Virtus)

Had a casual chit-chat with the SA and here's what I heard from him:

the new Polo during the festive season and apparently the new Jetta by end - 2022. I will take the news of the Polo and Jetta with a pinch of salt. [/list]On a personal note, I would love to see the Polo and Jetta come back to India!
You are correct in taking the salt because the current gen Mk7 Jetta is LHD only. It has not been made for RHD configuration and i seriously doubt they will do it just for India and South Asia especially when sedans take a backseat to the SUVs.
agambhandari is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th December 2021, 21:45   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dealer called last week stating they got 6 cars and will offer me a White Or a Silver.
Did they have GT/Highline AT?
Old 11th December 2021, 22:55   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Had been to the VW showroom nearby last week to check out the Taigun. There was a matte grey Vento available and a Polo in the same colour as well. While they had a good discount on the Vento, the Polo was not offered any discount and there was no stock either. The SA told me for either car they could only 'try' to get a matte grey from the factory if anything is left but the display cars were already booked and prepped for delivery. So if the Taigun sales would sustain the current numbers, then we must bid adieu to the Polo and Vento. The Vento had more than 1L discount and had it been available in a different shade, I would have sat for negotiations. The matte grey was good but my dad didnt like it one bit just like how he didnt like my idea of a matte grey honda Dio. Hence we had to walk out of the showroom without any decisions taken.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th December 2021, 23:26   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Did they have GT/Highline AT?
I did not ask. Its unlikely though. Less than 10 Polos were allotted to them and people waiting had bookings since June.
Old 14th December 2021, 08:45   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babruvahanaaaaa View Post
  1. According to him VW is gearing up to launch three new vehicles in 2022 ; Virtus in the summer, the new Polo during the festive season and apparently the new Jetta by end - 2022. I will take the news of the Polo and Jetta with a pinch of salt.
On a personal note, I would love to see the Polo and Jetta come back to India!
I booked a matte edition Polo on 17th of November at Ramani Volkswagen in Nagercoil. The manager there was quite confident that the current gen Polo MK5 will not be replaced any time in the next two years. He said that the company is focusing their resources on the Taigun currently and production of Polo will resume only in January. There might be some price revision and some additional feature additions such as wireless charging. On the other hand, I had a chat with the Coimbatore showroom folks and they seemed to suggest that the Polo is going to be replaced with the international version soon.

The problem is Volkswagen has kept these guys in the dark about the current shortage of Polos. All the showrooms I've contacted have given me different responses. And emailing Volkswagen about this did not help at all. Volkswagen just forwards your concern to the showroom regardless. They expect the showroom to be your only point of contact.

Hope I can take delivery of my Polo at least in January. That would be a nice start to 2022!
vedirah is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2021, 10:58   #54
BHPian

Folks,

Any updates regarding production of Polo GT TSI or HL+ TSI?

Asking because one of my friends is planning to get a Polo as the replacement for his 2014 Swift and as far as I heard, the production of Polo along with Vento will resume from Jan or Feb 2022.
Old 29th December 2021, 10:36   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_guy1998 View Post
Folks,

Any updates regarding production of Polo GT TSI or HL+ TSI?

Asking because one of my friends is planning to get a Polo as the replacement for his 2014 Swift and as far as I heard, the production of Polo along with Vento will resume from Jan or Feb 2022.
In November they made 197 Polos. We will need to wait for December figures to know if they have paused production.

In any case - they are not making enough cars and diverting resources to Kushaq / Taigun and probably Slavia.

I was lucky to find a Nov2021 Polo HLP TSI in Silver.
arbardhan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2022, 18:53   #56
BHPian

I was in the market to buy a hatch to complement the truck (Storme), and zeroed in on Polo. But this thread made me sad :( Will still contact the Bangalore dealers.
Old 2nd January 2022, 22:59   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Which dealer? Any idea if they have more stock
Old 3rd January 2022, 09:01   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper-VTEC View Post
I was in the market to buy a hatch to complement the truck (Storme), and zeroed in on Polo. But this thread made me sad :( Will still contact the Bangalore dealers.
Sorry to burst your bubble, but it's a losing cause. Tried every VW dealer in Bangalore and none of them know when the Polo will come back to production. One dealer said that they may receive stocks April onwards, but he didn't seem too confident. I didn't have the patience to wait around so bought the Altroz iTurbo.

If you're in a hurry, you'll have to look elsewhere, unfortunately.
Old 3rd January 2022, 11:42   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SavoyWalrus View Post
Sorry to burst your bubble, but it's a losing cause. Tried every VW dealer in Bangalore and none of them know when the Polo will come back to production. One dealer said that they may receive stocks April onwards, but he didn't seem too confident. I didn't have the patience to wait around so bought the Altroz iTurbo.

If you're in a hurry, you'll have to look elsewhere, unfortunately.
Ok I am not in a hurry. Can wait till Mid year.
hyper-VTEC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2022, 11:10   #60
BHPian

Quote:
In November they made 197 Polos. We will need to wait for December figures to know if they have paused production.

In any case - they are not making enough cars and diverting resources to Kushaq / Taigun and probably Slavia.

They made 762 polos against 197 in November. TAIGUN numbers more or less constant.

I see this as good news for Polo
https://www.autopunditz.com/post/ind...-december-2021

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks