Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2021, 14:43   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Tata Harrier Camo Edition discontinued

Tata Harrier Camo Edition was introduced back in November 2020. It was available in six variants - XT, XT+, XZ, XZA, XZ+, and XZA+.

Tata Harrier Camo Edition discontinued-smartselect_20210928143906_chrome.jpg

The Harrier Camo Edition received an Olive Green shade, a Camo badge on the front fenders and blacked out alloy wheels.

Tata Harrier Camo Edition discontinued-smartselect_20210928143934_chrome.jpg

The Camo Edition did get its own set of predefined accessory packs, namely Camo Stealth and Camo Stealth+.

The Harrier is now offered in four colours: Oberon Black and Atlas Balck(Dark Edition), Grey, Red, and White.

Source

Last edited by Venkatesh : 28th September 2021 at 14:57.
Venkatesh is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 28th September 2021, 18:22   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tata Harrier Camo Edition discontinued

Oops! The car actually looks quite good in the camo-shade. Definitely a good looking one, that is easier to maintain overall than the #Dark one. But not many are seen on the road. I feel it would have sold in excellent numbers if it was available at the same price as other standard shades like white/red etc.

I wonder how long this strategy of charging a premium for just paint shades is going to work for TaMo. I don't see the point in paying so much more for just a paint - that has nothing materially different from input cost perspective. It is day-light robbery in my eyes to be honest and I hope TML stops this nonsense soon.

Won't be surprised if the #DARK option is also silently pulled back from the Nexon - Altroz. Launched amid much fan-fare - I am yet to see a SINGLE specimen of these two on the roads with customer registrations in Pune or Mumbai. I wonder how many from the target audience of hatchbacks will actually pay extra money for a colour that is harder to maintain and causes the car to heat up a lot, putting extra load on the AC!

Last edited by Reinhard : 28th September 2021 at 18:39.
Reinhard is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 28th September 2021, 18:37   #3
BHPian

To be honest i liked the camo edition way more than harrier's dark edition. Those black alloys and the dark green paint combination was really attractive. Sad to see it being discontinued even before completing a year in the market. Maybe Tata could have refreshed it with some additional features like rear seat ventilation similarly to what they did with the Safari's gold edition to lure customers.

Last edited by JohaanTJ : 28th September 2021 at 18:44. Reason: Spelling
JohaanTJ is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th September 2021, 10:32   #4
Senior - BHPian

Rumour: Tata Harrier Camo Edition discontinued

According to a media report, the Tata Harrier Camo Edition is no longer on sale.

Tata Harrier Camo Edition discontinued-download-17.jpg

The Harrier Camo Edition was introduced in November last year. The SUV was offered in six trims - XT, XT+, XZ, XZA, XZ+ and XZA+.

Tata Harrier Camo Edition discontinued-download-19.jpg

Just like the Harrier Dark Edition, the Camo Edition was a cosmetic package that included an Olive Green exterior paint, 'Camo' badging, all-black interiors with green stitching and black 18-inch alloy wheels.

Tata Harrier Camo Edition discontinued-download-18.jpg

The Harrier Camo Edition was powered by the same 2.0-litre, turbo-diesel engine as the standard Harrier. This engine produces 168 BHP and 350 Nm and comes paired with a 6-speed manual or a 6-speed automatic transmission.

Tata Harrier Camo Edition discontinued-download-20.jpg

Source: Cardekho

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th September 2021, 10:50   #5
BHPian

Re: Rumour: Tata Harrier Camo Edition discontinued

Am surprised with the decision. This is a car that did justice to its name. Nobody actually saw it on the roads
achyutaghosh is offline   (43) Thanks
Old 29th September 2021, 10:53   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by achyutaghosh View Post
Am surprised with the decision. This is a car that did justice to its name. Nobody actually saw it on the roads
I stay in a Cantonment, there are a couple around me owned by Army Officers
akshay4587 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 29th September 2021, 11:20   #7
Senior - BHPian

Personally, I feel this was the best looking Harrier out there, but from my experience, on-road, the numbers of Dark edition always trumped the Camo edition. Sad if this news is true - this was a tastefully done up car from the manufacturer itself.

--Anoop
theexperthand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th September 2021, 11:22   #8
BHPian

It's True. Last week when I was shortlisting Tata Harrier as my new upgrade, the SA mentioned that Camo Edition will be stopped. But, he did mention that there might be a new edition added.

Still, I don't see any reason for discontinuing a color scheme. You can always make it based on the order rather than pre-produce it. We'll I think Ford taught some tricks to Tata on how to keep the product updated every quarter. It's like a lucky draw, every month you win a feature and may lose some.

It's a very good car, what is missing from the current-gen are Ventilated seats, Memory Function, 360-degree camera, and probably wireless charging. These features are already there on safari I believe. If not, they will have difficulty keeping up with XUV 700. It will be like MG Gloster vs Fortuner (previously Endeavor).

Last edited by shashi792 : 29th September 2021 at 11:27.
Old 29th September 2021, 13:12   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashi792 View Post
It's True. Last week when I was shortlisting Tata Harrier as my new upgrade, the SA mentioned that Camo Edition will be stopped. But, he did mention that there might be a new edition added.
There'll probably be a new "Gold edition" with added features, exclusive to that variant in the Harrier line-up.
Big Smoke is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2021, 17:42   #10
BHPian

Why? Among all colors, I thought the green looked the best. If cost is the reason, I hope they offer the green exterior color as an option in the regular Harrier (minus the attendant accents/interior features etc.)
Old 29th September 2021, 17:58   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sramanat View Post
Why? Among all colors, I thought the green looked the best. If cost is the reason, I hope they offer the green exterior color as an option in the regular Harrier (minus the attendant accents/interior features etc.)
Totally second this. The green color looks lovely on the Harrier.

Hope they didn't discontinue this due to objections from the army or defense forces. Can be misleading to people in remote or tribal areas.
sid_deb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2021, 21:43   #12
BHPian

Sad indeed! This totally looked cool and I thought this will come up in Safari range as well, specially when the army uses the GS800 (Safari Storme) in sightly different shade and you get a connect somehow.

The Dark range too was a good looker. Just last week Tata motors released a video on drive of 3 Harrier Darks with NSGs touring major cities across India.

saikarthik is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th September 2021, 09:25   #13
BHPian

I can't tell you how nice is it for Tata to play around with so many editions (dark, camo, gold ) but they are making too much buzz around these and very fast. They should space out their timeline and work more towards refining interior cabin layout like Mahindra did with the XUV700 and then these editions can launch every year to give these models a boost.

I have no complains with the new exterior designs of Tata cars just the interior infotainment system and instrument cluster quality should be revamped to match with its international competitors.

Old 30th September 2021, 10:52   #14
BHPian

All I can scream is exclusivity !!!! Hope I will get the paint for any future repairs as Foliage green in Nexon still stays.

When I was considering Harrier, this green color with dark interior scheme was on of the major factor for picking CAMO edition
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Harrier Camo Edition discontinued-3m1.jpg  

Tata Harrier Camo Edition discontinued-20201122_154046.jpg  

Tata Harrier Camo Edition discontinued-20201204_170617.jpg  

Turbo_head is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 30th September 2021, 11:32   #15
BHPian

Well, I guess this is what they (Tata) call "Newer forever".

Anyway, it's absolute nonsense to keep adding features, replacing colour options, shuffling and managing trims/models out of blue for 3 months once without any proper strategy. Tomorrow, Tata will add all 4 disc brakes, ventilated seats, wireless apple play and android auto, air purifies, TPMS, etc to Harrier without any heads-up.

This shows Tata's non-commitment and poor product strategy and roadmap especially for their flagship cars - Harrier and Safari.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks