Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2021, 10:18   #16

Re: A Close Look | Tata Safari Gold Edition

I loved the exterior gold touches, but the dashboard inside was like a tiled washrooms floor. Hope that is replaced by a fake leather material.
sunil thomas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th September 2021, 10:23   #17
BHPian

On the one hand, we have this news:

A Close Look | Tata Safari Gold Edition-img20210925wa0030.jpg

And the other we have this:

A Close Look | Tata Safari Gold Edition-1.jpg

My emotion:

Name:  notlikethis.jpg
Views: 588
Size:  57.4 KB

Kill me. Kill me now.
KungFuPanda is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th September 2021, 10:32   #18
Senior - BHPian

It seems they are trying to draw attention away from the XUV 700 but they haven't addressed on one big issue with the Harrier/Safari - the small infotainment screen. Vehicles that cost half as much get bigger screen with higher resolutions. This certainly matters for the aam aadmi, perhaps after a mid-life refresh.
dragracer567 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th September 2021, 10:37   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

I wonder who gives Tata motors these cheesy Ideas. After Pratap Bose leaving Tata Motors, they really need to get someone else fast who can help design their cars with class. Such a gold edition lacks creativity and is absolutely unnecessary.
Tata Motors is not a Maybach or Rolls Royce that users will appreciate these sort of finishes or colours. Honestly to me this exercise is fruitless for Tata Motors and they are spoiling a good product with these sort of gary finishes and colours.
Behemoth is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th September 2021, 10:54   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

The Gold edition in black is a refreshing change from the usual SUV interiors.

Now Tata Motors, how about a Safari in the GNCAP tested edition?
neil.jericho is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 28th September 2021, 11:00   #21

Mod note: Post edited. Please avoid typing like this... use proper punctuation breaks and symbols instead. This impacts readability of the forum. Thanks.

Oh!!!!!mann.. 'Why this Kolaiveri Di' TATA motor !!!!no idea why they repeatedly come out with such waste variants. Was really impressed with the Adventure persona and was looking forward for a tastefully done 'Dark' or 'Adventure' variant with all wheel drive, 360 camera and ADAS.

Peer pressure jaldbazzi

Last edited by Jaggu : 28th September 2021 at 11:11.
Old 28th September 2021, 11:23   #22
BHPian

The Tata Safari bling master edition. Like Reinhard said, it would look apt in a posh Jaipur hotel bathroom rather than inside a car.

Pratap Bose must be laughing at this.
Old 28th September 2021, 11:54   #23
BHPian

Is it just me or has the Safari already started looking old/dated possibly due to the visual commonalities with the Harrier? The gold is only making it worse.
What the Safari really needs is a frontal makeover like the Nexon 2.0 and not these absurd modifications.
amoghchaphalkar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2021, 11:57   #24
BHPian

I would buy that. If I was an Arab sheikh with a concubine to boot. Unless of course Tata is looking to enter the Middle Eastern market.

Me and my entourage going for Gold Edition test driveName:  IMG20210928WA0000.jpg
Views: 549
Size:  50.3 KB
invidious is online now   (10) Thanks
Old 28th September 2021, 12:16   #25
Senior - BHPian

Oh dear, dear, dear....I thought the exterior was overkill - until I saw the interior. Why would someone want to feel like they're driving the Golden Temple or a bank vault on four wheels? I feel like I'll go blind within an hour in the cabin. Someone at the design HQ must have really gone ham with their color palettes; if only they let me have a go at it instead.

Also, good luck to those who buy these versions - ever heard of stolen Tata badges before? No? Me neither, but now onwards, we will!
TheHelix0202 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2021, 12:24   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
The Gold edition in black is a refreshing change from the usual SUV interiors.

Now Tata Motors, how about a Safari in the GNCAP tested edition?
Yes, I also think the gold edition in black looks good. I especially like the black marble kind of treatment on the dashboard and the gloden bezels around the ac vents and the instrument cluster. Also from the outside it doesn't look as bad as some other cars that come with overdone chrome treatment.
sole_rider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2021, 12:41   #27
BHPian

Am i the only who doesn't get the hue and cry about this special edition? It's not like you don't have other versions to opt for. I like how they have carried the special edition effects to the interior (dashboard finish included) as well as adding worthwhile features while others brands just do a sticker job. Whether the 1.5 lacs-ish increase is justified or not depends on the person IMO. The existing owners may feel hard done by though, as two rows with ventilated seats would be quite amazing and a person spending this much wouldn't mind spending a bit more for this feature (if they're able to digest the looks ).

I have seen enough bling on cars here in North to know that this will find takers and i personally like how Safari has basically 4 different dashboard finishes now- Standard, Adventure Persona, Gold Edition White, Gold Edition Black.
Doonite is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th September 2021, 12:47   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Looks are subjective and IMO, these cars don't look bad. Given a choice, I would choose the black one as the white marble treatment on the white one is a bit overboard. Just the Adventure, Camo and Dark editions, these will sell well.

What concerns me is the availability of these specific parts for such 'special' editions incase something goes wrong.

Tata should realize that in this age of wraps and easy aftermarket painting options, such special editions could easily be built by oneself as per their tastes. They should focus of giving features/hardware (such as ventilated seats) on their regular variants.
ashis89 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th September 2021, 13:13   #29
BHPian

While the verdict is out on the Gold editions - "Luxury Bathroom on wheels", did Tata think that with such pristine white upholstery it will be a nightmare to maintain!!
Like I said earlier Tata should improve the infotainment system, provide these features on the existing model hierarchy, improve their QC and service to come across a consistent, reliable product banking on it's USP of good styling, handling and punchy powertrain.
BUT we know Tata - How they killed Hexa which was a lot of SUV for half the price of it's competitors.
PraNeel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th September 2021, 13:44   #30
BHPian

While both the black and white variants of this edition are too blingy for my taste, there is a segment of our population that loves its bling and for them this edition is a dream come true. I have seen a Merc in glossy gold colour on Calcutta roads and consider myself to be lucky that I was not blinded when I saw it as thankfully it was overcast that day.

So there will be takers for the Gold edition for sure. Even the Hector with its abundance of chrome is too blingy for my taste, and that sells a lot, plus I have seen cars where people have wrapped the rear lights with chrome borders that look hideously blingy (and ugly). Replace chrome with gold and it is still as blingy, if not more so.

So my guess is that this one will sell, and in spades since the ventilated seats are a big plus in our weather. I am hopeful that the ventilated seats will make their way to the other variants too.

Tata Motors seems to have done its market research - they have the Dark, Camo and Adventure variants to address the segment that likes subtlety, and now they have added the bling factor with the Gold edition as well. Pretty good coverage in terms of looks, I would say. Now if only they could get the things that really matter, like a good petrol engine and a 4x4 version in the Harrier and Safari, they would be addressing all segments of the market.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks