Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2021, 02:00   #91
BHPian

Re: Automotive coincidences in India | Share yours here

Spotted three Ecosports together parked at an apartment when I went with my friend today.

Surprisingly, all three were Titanium version.
Automotive coincidences in India | Share yours here-829a9d5769b34358857f1048a51a761b.jpeg

On the other hand, my own 4th gen Honda City was parked beside its predecessor at a mall a month ago (golden brown colour 5th gen City) and near a food court almost 6 months ago (white colour 5th gen City). Surprisingly, that golden brown colour 5th gen City guy stays within our locality. And one more surprising part is, apart from my 4th gen City in golden brown colour, there are around 3-4 4th gen Cities near our locality, which are in same colour as mine and few 4th gen Cities in white colour and red colour as well.
Automotive coincidences in India | Share yours here-884fa0e523ff4b42b48d3396cd9952a8.jpeg
Automotive coincidences in India | Share yours here-f561d74f1e0143a5822d82bd8000d3ce.jpeg
car_guy1998 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2021, 17:35   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
While I am signing the paperwork, he is sitting on my RX100 and fiddling around. During which, he inserts his key into the ignition console of my RX100. Voila - the ignition accepts it and it turns !

For a moment there, we thought it was a faulty console. But then we look at the keys of our respective motorcycles and guess what, both of them read the serial number 5016 . What are the odds of two best friends ending up with the same key for their bikes?
Reminded me of a incident, which my cousin had with his Pulsar 150.

This happened many moons back with my cousin who had a blue color first gen Pulsar 150. Since, he was in merchant navy he used to sail for around 6 months at a stretch and the bike was used by his younger brother occasionally and was not well maintained. He had just come back home a few days back after singing off from his ship and wanted to go for a haircut so took the Pulsar to a nearby saloon. After his haircut he sat on the bike started it and was riding back home, when he realized the bike felt much smoother to ride on the return journey and overall felt better. Not giving it too much thought came back home parked it a its usual place and went to his home. after sometime the younger brother took the keys to go out and came back to the house after sometime to inform that the bike is not at the place where they park it and asked his brother if he parked it somewhere else and he replied back in the negative and said he parked it right there.

Both go down to check in the parking and suddenly the elder one shouts there its parked right there and you're saying you can't find it to which the younger one says but this is not ours read the number plate

Now, what could be the odds of another Blue Pulsar 150 being parked at the same spot and your own bike missing. On this the elder one says I was thinking why the bike felt so different on the way back and asked the younger one to insert they key to see if it starts and it did.

Panic kicks in as they have someone else's bike and have to go and park it at the same spot before the owner realizes or worst files a police complaint of a missing/stolen bike. The elder one starts riding it towards the saloon with the younger one sitting at the back and just as they exit their society and join the main road they spot a guy pushing another Blue Pulsar 150 and it belong to my cousin...

This is a kind of coincidence where GOD has the last laugh....After my brother got the other Pulsar home, the actual owner went to the spot only to find out his bike is missing. For some reason he thought someone else took his bike by mistake and started trying to start my cousins bike with his key but as luck would have it refused to acknowledge that key and luckily for him the bike didn't have its handle lock engaged. This guy was totally lost on what to do and called a friend who stays nearby to get his advice and he suggested he pushes that other Pulsar to his place so they can park it there and then try to find out/decide on the next steps. And guess what, this poor guys friend stayed in the same society where my cousin stays and the guy pushed the bike all the way and met my cousin riding his bike just outside the society.

My cousin got an earful from him and he had to prove his innocence by showing that his key actually worked on that guys bike. On which he said can't you read the number plate before sitting on a bike thinking its yours...He told him he just came back home after six months and had not ridden this bike so didn't realize this goof up.

In the end we all had a good laugh and my cousin was especially happy and thanking his stars as his bike was delivered right at his door step and didn't end up loosing his sleep by having possession of someone else's bike along with his
SnS_12 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 24th September 2021, 10:14   #93
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibendum90949 View Post
Hold on! For those who now think this is the coincidence I'm narrating, the story doesn't end here
Hey Manoj, wonderful narration. Also, talking about coincidence yes this one seems to be a good one!

That said: I'm immensely happy that I sold the Gypsy to you, and not some mall stopper. Super glad to see the Gypsy put through its paces. All the effort spent in a thought out build only is worth when its used in the right way.

I wish you a many more happy expeditions with the Gypsy.
dhanushs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th September 2021, 17:55   #94
BHPian

Feb 2021, I had planned a day's bike trip with a friend. Booked a Duke 390 with a rental company, but the service provider cancelled my booking at the last minute citing bike unavailability. Quickly called my friend from the pick-up location, who was picking up a RE Interceptor from another spot 30 kms from my place, and he booked whatever was available, for me - a KTM 390 Adv.

Rode that bike to Horsley Hills, and back, the next day and had a lot of fun. After returning the bike, while chatting with my friend, thought of deleting the bike's registration/insurance papers, which were whatsapp'ed to me. Casually checked them to ascertain the on-road price and saw the address, it was almost same as mine! Down to the Building Name, and apartment number except for just one digit, which identified building floor! Checked the owner's name. The bike belonged to a known person who stays in the apartment above mine and I had seen the bike, complimented him for it, when he'd bought it. I didn't know he had put it up for rental use.

What were the chances of me getting the same bike in the whole of Bangalore city and that too when I originally wanted something else
black_rider is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2021, 19:52   #95
BHPian

Just before the first lockdown, don't remember the exact date - but was a couple of months before March 2020!.
I was driving alone to Mumbai via YCM Expressway, doing decent speeds in my Superb trying hard to be within the set limits.
Just after the Khopoli Food Mall (which then had one of my favourite 'highway' food joint (serving Parsee Food!).
Crossed the toll naka, and in about a kilometer, I was behind an Audi A6, started tailing him, when I checked and saw an Octavia (2nd Gen) behind me in a couple of minutes, we had a VW Jetta trailing our little group, great part is all were driving like a convoy - the better part is - we were joined in the next few kilometers by A VW Passat and an Audi A4!

All driving like a mini convoy, till one of them broke off at the JNPT exit - we split up at the Sion Panvel Toll Naka - with a flash of headlights!

The fun part here is almost each car was either with similar engines or platforms!
torquecurve is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th September 2021, 16:17   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibendum90949 View Post
Warning : A long post.

Gypsy has always been a dream car for me since my teenage days. It only stayed as a dream for various reasons till 2021. The last I came close to buying one was in 2019 or so but then it didn't materialise either. While I was visiting Wayanad in Kerala in the latter half of 2019, I happened to see a modified soft top White Gypsy. It looked in pristine condition and had a lovely sports exhaust. The way it moved, it was such an enthralling sight. I literally drooled over it for some time. The next day I was trailing the very same Gypsy in my Omni. And for a moment I felt it was bearing a similar registration number as my friend's Gypsy in Wayanad itself and I overtook the car and made them stop and asked the guy behind the wheels if it was X's car to which he replied NO and I said sorry indicating I mistook the car and moved on. In fact that White Gypsy reignited my desire to own a Gypsy soon.
Hi Bibendum90949
Are you planning to sell the green gypsy? I am on the lookout of one in Bangalore. Do message me if yes. Thanks

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 25th September 2021 at 16:21. Reason: fixed broken quote tag
Old 26th September 2021, 23:56   #97
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

- For the Team-BHP Mod Meet @ Pawna (Pics & Video : A Team-BHP Moderator Weekend @ Pawna (MH)), the Mumbai & Bangalore Teams reached the designated spot at Lonavla within 10 minutes of each other. In the picture are Rehaan, Suhaas307, Ajmat, Vid6639, GTO, F50, Flying Spur & Manson. Mumbai is 2 hours away from this spot, while Bangalore is like 6 - 7 times that! The timing wasn't planned at all. In fact, IIRC, Manson took us on a last minute detour to Bandra to pick something up:
Attachment 2208122
If you want to talk about a coincidence repeating itself again! Some of us Mods from Bangalore, Mumbai, Pune, Goa and a surprise appearance from one from Noida arrived with 10 min of each other in Belgaum

Automotive coincidences in India | Share yours here-951e6a0a43d54d2fbd532fcb730a809a.jpeg

Here are the beasts at rest!

Last edited by ajmat : 26th September 2021 at 23:58.
ajmat is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th September 2021, 01:28   #98
BHPian

Spotted a regular version i20 Asta(O) and i20 N-Line N8 together when I went to a cafe, belongs to a friend, today. Coincidentally, these both cars were in same colour.
Automotive coincidences in India | Share yours here-c7b46dc13bdc47a7897497650a0c03d9.jpeg
Automotive coincidences in India | Share yours here-caff078e4e36458d8230beb0b8ba88ba.jpeg

At the same time, I had spotted 3 Seltoses at the same parking spot. Two of the Seltoses were GTX+ Diesel AT, which is parked extreme right, owned by my close friend, who is a owner of this cafe and another one was GTX+ 7DCT, which is owned by my friend’s friend and coincidentally both were in White colour while other Seltos was in Red colour and that was HTX version. After few minutes, I’ve seen another Seltos GTX+ 7DCT in Silver colour at the same spot, which I missed taking a pic later. I was shocked to see that Seltos had dominated the whole parking place today.
Automotive coincidences in India | Share yours here-ee9ad6ff53ec4b50b368983b2e92d4dd.jpeg
Old 27th September 2021, 11:50   #99
BHPian

Another set of automotive coincidences from my side, which happened long ago.

Two of the Dzires in red colour, which is owned within our family. Left side is a 2018 Dzire VDI, which is owned by mom’s cousin while right one is a 2019 Dzire VXI AMT, which is owned by my maternal grandparents and that car was 10 days old to be precise when I took the picture.
Name:  8D8EC4E7012B4A9AB08B1BF05AECE5A6.jpeg
Views: 703
Size:  77.8 KB

Another coincidence was when I went to the supermarket, I had parked my 4th gen City beside its predecessor, a 3rd gen facelifted version of Honda City and I know that owner of the 3rd gen City as well. That pic was taken exactly an year ago and after ages, I managed to take a pic of my City with the same 3rd gen City.
Automotive coincidences in India | Share yours here-43d4e5a6659f4f8f9c5d8175019c7202.jpeg
Automotive coincidences in India | Share yours here-72cdd9c6302d4e1cac2710de7f2e4eaa.jpeg

A month and a half ago, when I went to a mall for shopping and due to lack of parking space, I had to park my City beside its competition, Verna and Rapid.

For now, it’s done. Will be posting another set of automotive coincidences again soon!
Automotive coincidences in India | Share yours here-fff2c4234090459886227309c3562d86.jpeg
Old 27th September 2021, 22:36   #100
Distinguished - BHPian

It's 2021.

A single Fiat car on the road itself is a rare sight. If that wasn't enough, today I saw 4 fiats together in my office parking lot all together. And one among that is an Avventura Urbancross.

Automotive coincidences in India | Share yours here-20210927_13434001.jpeg

This is as rare as you going on a jungle safari in a general van and you get the below shot

Name:  images 1 10.jpeg
Views: 653
Size:  43.4 KB
hemanth.anand is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 28th September 2021, 09:59   #101
BHPian

Spotted this during my morning walk - three different Nexa cars, all in Nexa Blue, parked on the same line .
Attached Thumbnails
Automotive coincidences in India | Share yours here-20210928_08074402.jpeg  

Turbojc is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th September 2021, 15:57   #102
BHPian

Often see these twins parked, the original Hayabusa inspired ZXi's in a turqoise blue shade.

A rare color in a rare top trim.

Automotive coincidences in India | Share yours here-img_20210930_155027.jpg

Who says Maruti never tried to be colorful
Moto$apien is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th October 2021, 11:52   #103
BHPian

In 2008 we had purchased our Fiesta and it was registered on 6th October and delivered on 7th October.

After 13 years we exchanged our Fiesta for a Urban Cruiser and co-incidentally delivery is scheduled for 7th October with new car planned for registration on 6th October.

Later they realised it was state government holiday on 6th October and got the car registered on 4th October.

Like earlier we might end up taking the delivery of our new car on 7th October exactly after 13 years.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 5th October 2021 at 11:55. Reason: spacing for improved readability
pudarsanketh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2021, 10:25   #104
BHPian

4 Innovas parked at one spot and our Innova VX in grey colour, which was parked extreme right, was also one among them.

And, surprising thing is, two Innovas were in gold colour and another two Innovas were in grey colour, which includes ours as well. But another grey Innova was GX version though while gold colour Innovas were VX version.
Attached Thumbnails
Automotive coincidences in India | Share yours here-f2b7ebd214a248989c7f8b7d01ba4f70.jpeg  

Last edited by car_guy1998 : 9th October 2021 at 10:27.
Old 9th October 2021, 12:15   #105
BHPian

Just noticed that I had posted the post #1949 on the XUV700 thread exactly at 19:49 hours yesterday
Attached Thumbnails
Automotive coincidences in India | Share yours here-screenshot_20211009030745_chrome.jpg  

Geta is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks