Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2021, 15:30   #1
Senior - BHPian

Maruti offers connected car tech with Arena line-up - WagonR, Swift, Ertiga, Vitara Brezza

Maruti now offers 'Suzuki Connect' connected car technology with its Arena range of cars. These include the Alto, S-Presso, Swift, Dzire, WagonR, Ertiga and Vitara Brezza.

Maruti offers connected car tech with Arena line-up - WagonR, Swift, Ertiga, Vitara Brezza-image001.jpg

Suzuki Connect is available as an optional accessory with the Arena line-up at a price of Rs. 11,900 with a 3-year data subscription.

Until now, Suzuki Connect was only offered with the Nexa range. The system comes with features such as security alerts, geofencing, vehicle status & tracking and driving behaviour analysis, among others.

Nexa customers who are currently using Suzuki Connect can renew their subscription at a special offer price of Rs. 2,299 for 3 years or Rs. 999 for 1 year.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 11th September 2021 at 15:33.
TusharK is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 11th September 2021, 15:56   #2
BHPian

Re: Maruti offers connected car tech with Arena line-up - WagonR, Swift, Ertiga, Vitara Brezza

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Maruti now offers 'Suzuki Connect' connected car technology with its Arena range of cars. These include the Alto, S-Presso, Swift, Dzire, WagonR, Ertiga and Vitara Brezza.
So that means Alto and S-Presso are the country's cheapest connected cars now but they still do not have 6 airbags even for the premium cars?
theAutomaniac is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th September 2021, 16:10   #3
BHPian

Re: Maruti offers connected car tech with Arena line-up - WagonR, Swift, Ertiga, Vitara Brezza

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAutomaniac View Post
So that means Alto and S-Presso are the country's cheapest connected cars now but they still do not have 6 airbags even for the premium cars?
Maruti as a business is very good at giving what the customer is willing to pay for. They are not giving 6 airbags nor a stable bodied car because an average customer doesn't care about those nor the government is willing to enforce them.
nagr22 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 11th September 2021, 16:18   #4
BHPian

Is any one in Team-bhp is using this?

A month ago, I heard that Maruti is updating this so that it can operate with 4G SIM. Is this the updated one ? Also looks like they increased the price.
Old 11th September 2021, 18:53   #5
MSC
BHPian

The entire working of the Connected car tech, is dependent upon the network coverage and the features offered.
You design a perfect software which fully compliments your hardware, but latch on to a pathetically hopeless network, you are surely headed for a disaster.
Being truthful, I don't use the Maruti system. I am a Bluelink user and frankly speaking, I can only describe Bluelink as " hopelessly hopeless". And with the Vodafone-Idea heading to a gradual downfall, I don't see the service improvement in any way.
Maruti hasn't disclosed the service provider. But hapless consumer can only expect that the system works for the purpose what it is designed for.
Fingers crossed.
Old 11th September 2021, 20:15   #6
BHPian

How can this be called "Connected Car" technology when it only displays some unwanted gimmicks over a GPRS/2G network?

Unless they offer a 2-way communication where they can control something of the car through connected application, this is just pure gimmick (Well Indian consumers are knows to fall for that )
starke is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th September 2021, 21:02   #7
Senior - BHPian

This is more or less the norm irrespective of the manufacturer. Volkswagen have their own version of it My Volkswagen Connect. KIA have UVO and so on.

How useful this is practically, is an open question. The best feature for me is being able to switch on the AC and roll down the windows on a hot day before getting in. The rest are all for the geek in you. Perhaps locating your car in a crowded lot is another usecase.

The real intent that manufacturers provide this in my opinion is to harvest very valuable data. For example driving patterns, analysis of driving behavior, location of cars etc are very good inputs in future product design and tuning. The features they provide to users are just to give us value while they get the data. Adoption by even 10% of their customer base will give them great insights.

Drive on,
Shibu
shibujp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th September 2021, 21:21   #8
BHPian

Mod Note : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further. Request to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 12th September 2021 at 15:29.
BMW_Fan is offline   Received Infraction
Old 11th September 2021, 22:09   #9
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

I don't see the mass market buyers (Maruti's bread and butter target audience) paying an additional 10+k Rupees for the connected car technology.
Seriously, Maruti needs to have some renewed focus on safety related features that can get their cars better crash test ratings.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2021, 23:26   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
I don't see the mass market buyers (Maruti's bread and butter target audience) paying an additional 10+k Rupees for the connected car technology.
Seriously, Maruti needs to have some renewed focus on safety related features that can get their cars better crash test ratings.
+1 to this. Besides, the car don't need to be heavy in order to be safe. Safety is provided by the cabin underneath and not the sheet metal. They can make safer cars while retaining their USP of good fuel economy. Their engines and gearboxes are well liked, as are their offerings. A little bit of structural engineering, better material should do the trick. Their European Baleno/Swift prove that they can indeed make safer cars.

If the next gen Baleno can get a 4 star rating, I don't see myself looking at another car again for a long, long time. Maruti has a very high market share so they don't see the customers going to others brands due to safety as a significant loss I guess. With better safety, I don't think one can find any major flaws in MSIL cars. They've got everything else just right.

The Etios twins, Amaze are all light weight cars with sub 900kg weight and both have scored 4* safety. It can be done, Maruti! I hope you're listening.
Old 12th September 2021, 09:21   #11
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Suzuki Connect is available as an optional accessory with the Arena line-up at a price of Rs. 11,900 with a 3-year data subscription.
A question for learned folks, can we fit this on any other cars too or are these specific to Maruti? How are these fitted to the car, via OBD port or just the battery?
Old 22nd June 2022, 12:52   #12
BHPian

Dear friends,

Does anyone on this forum installed Suzuki Connect on their newly purchased car? I had purchased the newly launched XL6 on April 29, 2022 and I am still waiting for the Suzuki Connect to be registered on my mobile and chassis.

Also not getting any response for the reminders to both Nexa customer care as well as Dealer (Mahalaxmi Nexa, Magarpatta Road, Pune).

I was told that it comes inbuilt with Alpha and Alpha plus models, something that is mentioned in the brochure as well.

I thought of checking within this group of any similar experience first before thinking of taking any legal action against the same.

Any pointers in this regard would be highly appreciated.

Bets Regards,
Achint
Old 11th July 2022, 07:59   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by achintatri View Post
Dear friends,

Does anyone on this forum installed Suzuki Connect on their newly purchased car? I had purchased the newly launched XL6 on April 29, 2022 and I am still waiting for the Suzuki Connect to be registered on my mobile and chassis.

Also not getting any response for the reminders to both Nexa customer care as well as Dealer (Mahalaxmi Nexa, Magarpatta Road, Pune).

I was told that it comes inbuilt with Alpha and Alpha plus models, something that is mentioned in the brochure as well.

I thought of checking within this group of any similar experience first before thinking of taking any legal action against the same.

Any pointers in this regard would be highly appreciated.

Bets Regards,
Achint
My "Suzuki connect" app was activated by the dealership on same day i took delivery and it started working in less than 24hrs from the time of activation. It is working flawlessly till now. They asked me to keep the engine on for about 5mins during the activation process. I took delivery from NEXA Chrompet, Chennai

May be your dealership is not having sufficient knowledge of how to activate this.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks