Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2021, 21:27   #46
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour 2.0L Bi-Turbo being tested; launch soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzbehxyz View Post
The news of the bi-turbo has been confirmed here:
Quite sure their source of information is TeamBHP itself.
ADI7YAK is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2021, 00:35   #47
BHPian

If launched, then 2 liter biturbo is a very welcome addition. It makes an insane 235bhp on the Edge, though I doubt we would ever get this tune on the ranger/endeavour. In a parallel universe Ford would have retained the 3.2 litre albeit in a jacked up biturbo guise pushing north of 250 bhp mated to a 10-speed ZF ��
Old 4th September 2021, 10:32   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
If someone has decided on Body on Frame(for whatever requirement is), then it has to be diesel. Except for Crysta Petrol, none of the other options makes sense for a heavy body on frame vehicle, irrespective of your running. Petrol Body on frames are unexciting, gas guzzler and doesnot get 4x4. Getting one is a task and resale is poor as well. Whether one needs a body on frame or not is a different discussion.
While I agree with diesel being the preferred choice for BOF vehicles, the Tiguan Allspace is a petrol SUV that, while having poor fuel efficiency, is exciting to drive and is 4x4.
Old 7th September 2021, 00:54   #49

Was planning on buying the new endeavour but will wait until the bi-turbo engine gets launched. Or should I wait further and get the newer generation endeavour that is currently being tested. I'm sure it would launch in India only after 2022. But here is the actual stumbling block, why will ford introduce the new engine in the current generation endeavour when they're gearing up to launch a new generation worldwide which will eventually come to Indian shores as well.
Old 7th September 2021, 13:00   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoV View Post
But here is the actual stumbling block, why will ford introduce the new engine in the current generation endeavour when they're gearing up to launch a new generation worldwide which will eventually come to Indian shores as well.
Bi-Turbo is available on current generation endeavour globally but for some reason ( could be COVID-19) Ford India decided to stick with single turbo for Indian market. Next generation is supposed to launch in Australia sometime mid next year. Which means the same will be launched in Thailand end of this year or early next year. Bi-Turbo makes sense, If you’re looking for 4x4 variant.
Old 8th September 2021, 08:53   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_jo View Post
Honestly, a bigger engine would barely make a difference if any. I've been driving the 2.0 for almost a year now. Has never really felt underpowered.
Problem with smaller capacity engines with single turbo's is that you are compromised on the spread of the Torque Curve. Since the Endeavour has a 10 Speed AT, this can be masked to some extend by playing with the gearing. But if you see most of the 2.0 Single Turbo reviews, you will read about the lack of top end. The Bi-Turbo will definitely make this engine a better performer. That is not to say your engine is under powered, but the bi-turbo engine will have much better overall performance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzbehxyz View Post
Its not about the faster vehicle or top speed that counts. Its about the torque required for these SUVs.
True that. Bi-Turbo's will give you a much better balance between Bhp/Torque. Besides, it will give you a much better Torque Spread too.
4x4addict is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th September 2021, 15:56   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

Was Ford really planning to launch the bi-turbo Endeavour?
Old 9th September 2021, 16:10   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
engine needs immediate attention
Being an owner of one, I'd beg to differ on this. The engine is more than adequate for sane driving, as experienced by me over the last ~4000 km of ownership. While more power is welcome, one has to be mindful of the laws of physics pertaining to high CoG that comes with these high-sitting SUVs, which unfortunately is a matter of complete ignorance for most SUV owners these days. When I was considering the Fortuner last year, I spoke to a few insurance companies regarding buying an insurance policy for the Fortuner as dealer's quote was atrociously high. Interestingly, I was told by more than one reputed firm that they do not provide insurance for Fortuner, given the no. of accident claims they end up getting. Not to point any specific brand out, but just an indication that more power is not always good to have

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
According to me the more power and torque you extract from a small capacity motor, the more stress it will be under!
Precisely. While extracting more out of a smaller engine is the mantra these days, it is detrimental for the engine in the long run. At the end of the day, there is no replacement for displacement!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Was Ford really planning to launch the bi-turbo Endeavour?
I was about to ask the same question here on this thread

Last edited by cool_dube : 9th September 2021 at 16:12.
cool_dube is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th September 2021, 17:26   #54
BHPian

Looks like Ford has other plans.
https://www.carandbike.com/news/ford...ndtv_topscroll

And that takes us in a totally different direction!!

Last edited by motorhead5 : 9th September 2021 at 17:27.
Old 9th September 2021, 18:28   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Being an owner of one, I'd beg to differ on this. The engine is more than adequate for sane driving, as experienced by me over the last ~4000 km of ownership. While more power is welcome, one has to be mindful of the laws of physics pertaining to high CoG that comes with these high-sitting SUVs, which unfortunately is a matter of complete ignorance for most SUV owners these days. When I was considering the Fortuner last year, I spoke to a few insurance companies regarding buying an insurance policy for the Fortuner as dealer's quote was atrociously high. Interestingly, I was told by more than one reputed firm that they do not provide insurance for Fortuner, given the no. of accident claims they end up getting. Not to point any specific brand out, but just an indication that more power is not always good to have

Precisely. While extracting more out of a smaller engine is the mantra these days, it is detrimental for the engine in the long run. At the end of the day, there is no replacement for displacement!
Well it's definitely not bad but when you compare with competition, an area where Endeavour falls short and they have more potent one in kitty, it's good to offer. While with more power comes more responsibility the insurance claim sounds bit off. That means insurance provider would not have provided for 3.2 or if 2.0L BiTurbo as well.
My Endeavour felt quite powerful back in 2016 as most other cars had even lesser power. But after Fortuner the Endeavour feels short for sure. Again extra power is not for hitting scary speed but at crusing speeds the endeavour feels strained but the Fortuner is effortless. The 3.2 in contrast was effortless too. We went for another drive while my friend picked up 4x2 Titanium plus, while engine is decent, definitely not as effortless as Fortuner or 3.2. If you ask an old fortuner owner about ride quality of new one, he will for sure find it good but then opinions will change after driving Endeavour. To be honest the 2.0L engine is let down in Endeavour as much as the ride quality of Fortuner.

Had there been BiTurbo available, will you still pick up single Turbo as an enthusiast? Either way given Ford is exiting, I don't think they will launch BiTurbo.
PrideRed is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th September 2021, 19:05   #56
Senior - BHPian

I just came here to say goodbye with a heavy heart to the legend! Bi-Turbo was much anticipated but I’m sure Toyota is celebrating the exit of Endeavour now. They’ll continue to decimate the segment. I honestly do not see Gloster as a competitor to Fortuner. Endeavour sure proved its muscle against the Fortuner which forced Toyota to keep updating their models you feel the impact there, right?

Ok, time to say bye to this thread. Goodbye legend! So long!
gururajrv is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th September 2021, 11:19   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
I spoke to a few insurance companies regarding buying an insurance policy for the Fortuner as dealer's quote was atrociously high. Interestingly, I was told by more than one reputed firm that they do not provide insurance for Fortuner, given the no. of accident claims they end up getting. Not to point any specific brand out, but just an indication that more power is not always good to have
I don't believe it. So the reputed firm was willing to forgo business of a car that sells more than all other cars in its segment combined?, just because more accidents were reported for the car. Which would be natural given each month it sells almost 2X the amount of the next best car sold in the segment. Wonder what their thinking would be with regards to the new XUV 700?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gururajrv View Post
I just came here to say goodbye with a heavy heart to the legend! Bi-Turbo was much anticipated but I’m sure Toyota is celebrating the exit of Endeavour now.
Thats true! If Fortuner is sold to dealers at 20 lacs and if 500 prospective Endeavor customers end up buying the Fortuner every month, adding 500 to the numbers of Fortuners sold every month, thats an annual bump in revenues of INR 1200 crores for Toyota. I am sure the Toyota management and dealers had a party last night.

Last edited by rrsteer : 10th September 2021 at 11:28.
rrsteer is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 14th September 2021, 16:04   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsteer View Post
al given each month it sells almost 2X the amount of the next best car sold in the segment. Wonder what their thinking would be with regards to the new XUV 700?
Insurance companies maintain a black list which is updated regularly based on the amount of claims. I have noticed Tata, AIG, Bajaj-Allianz doing it mostly. They refused insurance for a friend's Ecosport earlier. Don't know if they still do.

Last edited by aah78 : 14th September 2021 at 17:14. Reason: Quote trimmed.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks