Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2021, 11:53   #1
BHPian

Tata mocks Maruti-Suzuki yet again on the Swift's 0-star Latin NCAP test

Tata roasts at Maruti Swift after their recent Latin NCAP crash test rating

Tata mocks Maruti-Suzuki yet again on the Swift's 0-star Latin NCAP test-458e5e4dc5e8414ea0401e784f8cdeff.jpeg

The caption makes you go Uff!
Vasanth is offline   (201) Thanks
Old 30th August 2021, 12:02   #2
BHPian

re: Tata mocks Maruti-Suzuki yet again on the Swift's 0-star Latin NCAP test

Maruti very well deserves this and some more. Kudos to the Tata marketing team for creating brilliant ads.
amvj is offline   (79) Thanks
Old 30th August 2021, 12:13   #3
Senior - BHPian

I am a big fan of Swift but deserves this. While Latin NCAP I believe is stricter, 9L and zero rating is difficult to digest. No matter how fun the car is, its time to "SHIFT" from Swift.
PrideRed is offline   (51) Thanks
Old 30th August 2021, 12:14   #4
BHPian

Drive Swifd? That is one swifd way of meeting your creator.
Engraving on a tomb stone - He drove swiftly!!
Opposite of Safety? - Swifdy.
We help you meet god, unless you drive a swifd. In that case, he will meet you halfway.

Maruti deserves all of it and more. I am glad Tata's marketing team is driving this.

P.S.: d is intentional
Engine_Roars is online now   (13) Thanks
Old 30th August 2021, 12:17   #5
BHPian

This is a slap on the face for Maruti. Worse still is the comparison to Tiago. That car is at a lower segment than Swift.
commonman is offline   (36) Thanks
Old 30th August 2021, 12:18   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

All support for Tata now in 2021. Well done and Kudos Tata Motors.

But had it been 2001 or 2011, Maruti could have mocked Tata with:-

"Don't gamble on reliability"
" aTTA Motors"

anjan_c2007 is offline   (34) Thanks
Old 30th August 2021, 12:20   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
All support for Tata now in 2021. Well done and Kudos Tata Motors.

But had it been 2001 or 2011, Maruti could have mocked Tata with:-

"Don't gamble on reliability"
" aTTA Motors"

Even in 2021, I believe Maruti Suzuki can use that line. Tata motors definitely knows how to build safe, affordable mass market cars on the whole, but still can't perfect quality control and reliability after being in existence for more than 2 decades.
vishy76 is offline   (54) Thanks
Old 30th August 2021, 12:20   #8
Senior - BHPian

While I won't deny Tiago might be safer, I wonder whether the Tiago will score over 1 star in the Latin NCAP considering how strict it has become.

As for the Tata marketing team- they made hay while the sun was shining.

Wouldn't blame Maruti either. They're just building what our people demand-after all most of our countrymen prefer mileage to safety- cause they believe they can never be involved in an accident.
Turbohead is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 30th August 2021, 12:29   #9
BHPian

While there is no denying from the fact that Tiago is a safer car than Swift but comparing the Lncap rating of a car that 'may' not be same as its 'made for India' version with gncap rating of a 'made of india' car can be little misleading. Reminds me of the 5* stickers on the base variant of i20 gen 1 :lol

Tiago too might score a proper Zero in Lncap.

Source : Autocar
Attached Thumbnails
Tata mocks Maruti-Suzuki yet again on the Swift's 0-star Latin NCAP test-screenshot_2021083012250860_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg  

Last edited by Turbokick : 30th August 2021 at 12:30.
Turbokick is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 30th August 2021, 12:45   #10
Senior - BHPian

Tiago may score 1 or 2* and Nexon may score 3* in Latin NCAP. Still it is better than scoring big zero. Think about expensive Seltos, it may score -2*

Last edited by Latheesh : 30th August 2021 at 12:46.
Latheesh is offline   (57) Thanks
Old 30th August 2021, 12:52   #11
Senior - BHPian

Tata always finds time to mock others, but somehow doesn't have time to send their Harrier/Safari for GNCAP testing. Hypocrisy at its best
giri1.8 is offline   (105) Thanks
Old 30th August 2021, 12:56   #12
BHPian

That's some smart wordplay from an electrified marketing team. But what interests me more is the promotion of the Tiago. From being introduced as a Celerio/Wagon R competitor to being pitted against the Swift! With constant price updates, Tiago seems to have created a new A+ segment for itself sitting between the Wagon R and the Swift.
400notout is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 30th August 2021, 12:58   #13
BHPian

Having sat in a Tiago, it is undoubtedly a much more solid car that anything else in that price range. Credit to Tata, this might make Maruti pay a little more attention to build quality in the coming years.
Goldenboy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th August 2021, 13:02   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishy76 View Post
Even in 2021, I believe Maruti Suzuki can use that line. Tata motors definitely knows how to build safe, affordable mass market cars on the whole, but still can't perfect quality control and reliability after being in existence for more than 2 decades.
Considering how the quality of latest Marutis have been quite worse than their competitors, I doubt Maruti & their fans can make that claim with the straight face. Heck, look at this Team BHP form on the deteriorating quality of Maruti interiors.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...zuki-cars.html (Deteriorating quality of interior parts in Maruti-Suzuki cars!)

We all knew that Safety wasn't Maruti's forte & they weren't interested in making their cars safer either. Now that their interior quality is also not that great lately, what can Maruti bank on these days to attract the new & young buyyers?

If Maruti doesn't change their attitude towards safety & designs, they will end up like Hindustan Motors/PAL in the future.

Well, this 0 rating is another proof that Maruti ships tin cans. Indian families have safer options in the price bracket & should opt for them instead of the Maruti death traps. India's highways are getting better & the average Indian family is also putting up lot more average miles these days. So, opting for safer cars is a more logical choice.

Maruti might be king today but the young Indians aren't looking favorably at it's 'Unkil' image. Maruti can't coast on it's 'Kitna Deti Hai' image forever. Average Indian car buyer is not the buyer from the 90s or even 2000s when Maruti was the default choice.

Last edited by Desi Dybuk : 30th August 2021 at 13:06. Reason: Added more context.
Desi Dybuk is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 30th August 2021, 13:08   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desi Dybuk View Post
Considering how the quality of latest Marutis have been quite worse than their competitors, I doubt Maruti & their fans can make that claim with the straight face. Heck, look at this Team BHP form on the deteriorating quality of Maruti interiors.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...zuki-cars.html (Deteriorating quality of interior parts in Maruti-Suzuki cars!)

We all knew that Safety wasn't Maruti's forte & they weren't interested in making their cars safer either. Now that their interior quality is also not that great lately, what can Maruti bank on these days to attract the new & young buyyers?

If Maruti doesn't change their attitude towards safety & designs, they will end up like Hindustan Motors/PAL in the future.
I am not a Maruti Suzuki fan in any way. I just see things for what they are. Maruti has never been famous for its interior quality or even build.

Having said that, I think it is an agreeable fact that absolute mechanical reliability of Marutis is miles ahead of Tata. I don't hear of fuel tanks falling off, tappet cover leakages, false low engine oil pressure alarms, busted crankshaft oil seals and the likes on brand new Marutis. I am not saying they are bulletproof. There were issues with steering racks on early Swift Dzires and condensers on some Marutis, but I would anyday take below average interior quality and these issues as compared to failures which are as bad as the ones on Tatas. And no, I haven't even mentioned the buggy infotainment systems on the latter.

To sum things up, both manufacturers aren't saints in any way. One doesn't want to build safe cars, and the other simply cannot build niggle free and reliable ones. Both have a lot of contemplating to do on these counts. Maruti Suzuki is not going to improve its safety record because Indians continue to buy them. Frankly speaking, Maruti doesn't have anything to lose at all here. It's customer base is static more or less. Their poor safety standards haven't come to light recently. It's been this way for more than half a decade now. I don't see any change in sales or customer sentiment at all.

It's Tata whose reputation is on the line. They have some great products and have shown excellent commitment to safety, but basic peace of mind when it comes to mechanical reliability is lacking.

Last edited by vishy76 : 30th August 2021 at 13:18.
vishy76 is offline   (44) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks