Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2021, 15:48   #31
Senior - BHPian

re: Tata mocks Maruti-Suzuki yet again on the Swift's 0-star Latin NCAP test

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbohead View Post
While I won't deny Tiago might be safer, I wonder whether the Tiago will score over 1 star in the Latin NCAP considering how strict it has become.
What people fail to realise is that all NCAP test evaluation is made stringent every year. The scores are modified to improve their tests.
So a 5 star rated car from 2019 won't necessarily score 5 star in 2021.
I think Tata removed the NCAP rating for facelift Nexon on their website for the same reason.
Nithesh_M is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th August 2021, 15:57   #32
Senior - BHPian

I agree TATA cars are always safer than Maruti cars. Reason being, most of the times, TATA Cars are in service centers for repair work and if, in case, they get on to the roads, they will be stranded somewhere in mid of the road automatically without any accidents.

So, less run TATA cars will always be less accident prone and more safer than the cars that runs continually on roads.

I agree Maruti can do better in terms of safety but don't agree with Tata doing bad mouthing on Maruti keeping safety as a reason, when Tata themselves have 1000s of issues to be sorted out to improve their image.

In Panchatantra, there is a quote. Fox cannot comment on sincerity and honesty of cow. Also, dear Tata, you can't stand in a Glasshouse and throw stones at others house. This is becoming a trend.

Last edited by gkveda : 30th August 2021 at 16:05.
gkveda is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 30th August 2021, 16:00   #33
BHPian

My family has been using only Maruti Suzuki products for last 35 years. 1987 800 Std, 2004 Alto LXi, 2013 Swift VXi. The only other brands we checked out once was Hyundai (i10), Honda (Amaze), Volkswagen (Polo) but ultimately chose Maruti only in the end.

Majority of the Maruti customers (generally the older generation) don't care about build quality, Turbo-charged engines, 7-speed DCT/DSG with Paddle shifters, electronic gimmicky features, sunroofs, mood lighting etc etc. They only care about the Maruti brand. They want a basic reliable transport from Point A to Point B. Along with it a reliable 24X7 service network. Although Maruti service is no longer cheap as they claim, but it gives you a peace of mind.

No matter what people say Maruti Suzukis will always be more mechanically reliable than Tata, Mahindra, Korean twins, European, American mass market brands. Thats just how it is and its going to be like that for some time. The reliabilty of a car is inversely proportion to the number of electronic features it has.

I have seen decades old Esteems,Zens, A-stars, Ritzs still running on the road as of today but i am yet to see decades old Indicas, Indigos, Accents, i10s, i20s, Figos, Ikons etc etc

Although i am very proud of the Tata brand and want it to become the largest car maker in India (just like Japanese brands,Korean brands in their home markets) but before mocking others they should first see their own backyard.

I have never stepped inside a Tata Motors dealership but have seen from outside and i won't twist words but they seem depressing. The thought of dealing with them for after sales service makes me feel uncomfortable. It feels like a govt office. On top of this the kind of videos that have been posted about Tata dealerships especially in North India, I would stay away from them even if they sold a 7-star safety rated car.

No offence intended to Tata Motors,other brands and its customers.
Azalactone is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 30th August 2021, 16:07   #34
Senior - BHPian

I don't like these cheap pot shots. In a way it shows the other company trying a little too desparately. What if some other manufacturer brings out the reliability or niggles factor of a Tata car in their marketing campaign? Not to mention, despite the good build quality of Tata cars in general, the much expensive Harrier and Safari are still not tested in any Ncap. Also despite the good build quality, why are there numerous instances of any tata car toppling over (some even with ESC)?

Very Cheap IMO from Tata.
07CR is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 30th August 2021, 16:10   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkveda View Post
I agree TATA cars are always safer than Maruti cars. Reason being, most of the times, TATA Cars are in service centers for repair work and even if they get on to the roads, they will stop somewhere in mid of the road automatically without any accidents.

So, less run cars will always be less accident prone and more safer

I agree Maruti can do better in terms of safety but don't agree with Tata bad mouthing on Maruti keeping safety as a reason, when Tata themselves have 1000s of issues to be sorted out to maintain or improve their image.
Brother,
I have been using Tata cars since the past 10 years. Family had Tata cars even before than that.

No Tata car in my family has faced anything you have written.

Two Safaris, one Safari Storme, one Sumo Grande, one Nano, One Tigor and one Harrier. None of them have ever made any of us stand in the middle of the road. They have been ultra reliable. And have never spent a day in garage apart from regular service days.

If they had given us problems, we wouldn't have gone back to their showroom to buy another one.

To others mocking Tata on other fronts, I would refrain from 'what about'ism. Tata cars are safer than Maruti cars. Period. Doesn't matter if they have less features, are less frugal or whatever. Its safety we are talking about. And they need to be humiliated of their cars are not at par.

And yes, even Tata needs to be humiliated if they can't make Harrier / Safari achieve good safety ratings.
ashutoshb is offline   (47) Thanks
Old 30th August 2021, 16:22   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshMachine View Post
And guess what, Maruti hits back at Tata Motors with this:

Attachment 2199937

Attachment 2199938

Also, its a fact that both Swift & WagonR sell atleast 3-4 times that of Tiago.

While its critically important to pass on the customers about the no-compromise message for safety first, but a company like Tata can only do so much with its one-sided focus on safety.
It needs to get its act together with the other holy grail of a successful & memorable car ownership - viz., reliability and after-sales experience.

Coming back to the point - for the betterment of everyone in general, hope the customers at the entry-level of the pyramid do get sensitized to "Safety" and start forcing the dominant market leader to produce a safer car , starting with S-Presso.
I think this is a bit old when Tata had trolled WagonR in the slew of posts sometime back.
aansh singhania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2021, 16:28   #37
BHPian

Tata, frequently seen mocking at Maruti and Mahindra. Never seen Maruti mocking at Tata. They are busy counting money. Tata you can not win by showing shortfall of others. Instead work on reliability and quality, have you heard famous sentence "Chalti Ka Naam Gaadi"?
IP_Man is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 30th August 2021, 17:09   #38
BHPian

Even though Tata has excellent safety ratings, for a middle class man like myself, our priority includes a hassle-free ownership and good reliability along with safety. This is where Hyundai and Maruti excel unlike Tata where every other thread is about a Harrier or a Nexon breaking down with random issues which are mostly never heard off in a Maruti or Hyundai. Not only online but I've experienced it first hand with my neighbours Tata car where the coolant got mixed with engine oil or something and another neighbour where they faced frustrating niggles throughout their ownership

If only Tata can rectify these issues, I would be able to see Tata selling more than Maruti or a Hyundai

P.S. I appreciate the excellent consciousness towards safety by Tata but even though the strong metal body of Tata saves you physically, the hassle-free peaceful ownership of Hyundai and Maruti saves you mentally...

Last edited by vb-saan : 1st September 2021 at 06:38. Reason: typo
shravansp24 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th August 2021, 17:16   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaghuVis View Post
Oh my god! so embarrassing! Did MSIL use these two images again to mock TATA? This is what they used last year when TATA made fun of them during pathetic rating for S-Presso. They could not come up with at least a new image or new caption? What are they trying to prove? They won't change ever?
And Maruti's marketing team hits back like a sulking 10 yr old kid who has no come backs when made fun of .

Also they were so lazy that they used an old pic ,similar to their engineering team releasing a sticker job model every 3 months
callmeneo is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th August 2021, 17:34   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP_Man View Post
Tata, frequently seen mocking at Maruti and Mahindra. Never seen Maruti mocking at Tata. They are busy counting money. Tata you can not win by showing shortfall of others. Instead work on reliability and quality, have you heard famous sentence "Chalti Ka Naam Gaadi"?
Tata is not winning anything, it's the customer who is. I don't understand why "safety" is regarded and dismissed as just another feature. Shouldn't we hold every manufacturer to a higher standard of safety? Why do we have to defend Maruti's business policy? Or these cars as in-city runabouts. That is nothing but "it can't happen to me" attitude. An accident doesn't come with forewarnings and we even need not be at fault. A car has to be designed keeping a basic standard in mind. The govt regulations will only get stringent with time and Maruti will be left playing catch up whenever it's not lobbying. Hyundai will be safe as it can sell expensive cars. Tata on the other hand sells its cars on the basis of solid build quality as none of their present cars are VFM or enjoy the multitude of options that come with a Kia or Hyundai and not to mention a severe lack of snob value. It's present sales surge is testimony to people taking safety seriously. Maruti has been taking too much for granted IMO, be it Diesels, EV or safety. Even Renault / Nissan managed 4 stars for their new products. Maruti has seen its share dropping, the day is not far away when it'll be reduced to 25 % with serious gains to Hyundai, Tata and Mahindra.
400notout is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th August 2021, 17:42   #41
BHPian

Tata deserves the right to make fun of manufacturers like Maruti, who’s taking Indian customers for a ride in terms of safety.
Hope Maruti takes appropriate steps to enhance the safety aspects of its top selling cars.
You can be at the top of the charts in terms of sales, but it’s gonna be a steep fall soon when safety is ignored.
pradheepsr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th August 2021, 17:43   #42
BHPian

Can't find the Tweet now on Tata Motors official page. Looks like they had deleted the same.
r-a-s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2021, 17:47   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 400notout View Post
A car has to be designed keeping a basic standard in mind. The govt regulations will only get stringent with time and Maruti will be left playing catch up whenever it's not lobbying.
It's present sales surge is testimony to people taking safety seriously. Maruti has been taking too much for granted IMO, be it Diesels, EV or safety. .
Basically thats the company's argument. When the rules get more stringent, they will just comply by it. But dont expect more than that. It isnt a big deal for MSIL. The same Suzuki models in Europe come with a lot more safety features, better structural parts since the regulations demand the same there. Hence it is not because of their incapacity to increase the safety of the cars for India. It is because of the bean counters who do not want to have greater safety as their priority. Same applies even for their diesel and EV strategy as well. And doesnt look like sales are affected much.

Unfortunate for consumers, but thats what works for the bean counters.
audioholic is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th August 2021, 17:59   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbokick View Post
While there is no denying from the fact that Tiago is a safer car than Swift but comparing the Lncap rating of a car that 'may' not be same as its 'made for India' version with gncap rating of a 'made of india' car can be little misleading. Reminds me of the 5* stickers on the base variant of i20 gen 1 :lol

Tiago too might score a proper Zero in Lncap.

Source : Autocar
Swift scored just 2 stars in Global NCAP where Tiago got 4 and Altroz got 5. So, even comparing apples to apples, swift is a safety disaster
lina is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 30th August 2021, 18:18   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Interesting to note that Tata motors has now removed the post from their social media handle!

Tata mocks Maruti-Suzuki yet again on the Swift's 0-star Latin NCAP test-7a95896057ae444f888fb90862752646.jpeg
CEF_Beasts is online now   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks