Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2024, 00:47   #1216
Senior - BHPian

Re: New "BH" series registration | For cars getting transferred from one state to another

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssateesh View Post
So the news articles were right about Bihar districts to implement it. There is still no notification about this from MORTH. So most likely it is illegal. If you can you should challenge it in court. Recently the additional guidelines imposed by MH RTO was challenged and quashed by the high court there
I read somewhere that in spite of high court ruling, they are asking for additional documents. Do you (or anyone else) know whether they are allowing registrations like before for private employees after the ruling?
Old 1st August 2024, 10:07   #1217
BHPian

Re: New "BH" series registration | For cars getting transferred from one state to another

Quote:
Originally Posted by santosh.s View Post
I read somewhere that in spite of high court ruling, they are asking for additional documents. Do you (or anyone else) know whether they are allowing registrations like before for private employees after the ruling?
They = Which state RTO are you referring to? In MH they started asking additional documents but were stuck down by high court. Now slowly they started accepting the default docs

Last edited by ssateesh : 1st August 2024 at 10:09.
ssateesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2024, 12:59   #1218
BHPian

Quote:
They = Which state RTO are you referring to? In MH they started asking additional documents but were stuck down by high court. Now slowly they started accepting the default docs
Yes that is right, I got a new vehicle in Pune around 3 weeks ago, and got the BH registration. They are giving it now with the default documentation.
FanaticOnWheels is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st August 2024, 22:47   #1219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was referring to MH RTO. No hope from KA Time to get another BH car. If they collect road tax as lumpsum for all 14/15 years, then I guess it will be even better because it will avoid possibility of changed rules/more formalities (if any in future, I know currently just a simple online payment is all it takes) while paying future installments. This time it will be an EV, so no tax as such in both states, it's only about having flexibility to move across states without RTO hassles.

Last edited by santosh.s : 1st August 2024 at 22:52.
Old 2nd August 2024, 13:41   #1220
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
I was referring to MH RTO. No hope from KA Time to get another BH car. If they collect road tax as lumpsum for all 14/15 years, then I guess it will be even better because it will avoid possibility of changed rules/more formalities (if any in future, I know currently just a simple online payment is all it takes) while paying future installments. This time it will be an EV, so no tax as such in both states, it's only about having flexibility to move across states without RTO hassles.
Problem with that is, for BH series, every two years, if there is any RTO change, address is supposed to be updated in the mParivahan website (problem is not all states offering online address change for BH number) and the tax paid for next two years goes to that new state. If any rto collects such long term fees then the other rtos would eventually object during state change and deadlock would arise.
Old 2nd August 2024, 13:54   #1221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanaticOnWheels View Post
They are giving it now with the default documentation.
After document submission, how many days RTO took to issue BH number?
Old 2nd August 2024, 14:09   #1222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kar_Om View Post
After document submission, how many days RTO took to issue BH number?
I got the number in 2-3 days I think. The day the file went to them, next day the dealer RTO official called me up for OTP verification, and the same day in the evening I got a message about the confirmation. Number came through the next day and took delivery of the vehicle then day after. Overall, a fairly quick process.
FanaticOnWheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2024, 22:31   #1223
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmuser View Post
address is supposed to be updated in the mParivahan website (problem is not all states offering online address change for BH number)
What about Maharashtra and Karnataka, do they support online address change?

Quote:
and the tax paid for next two years goes to that new state. If any rto collects such long term fees then the other rtos would eventually object during state change and deadlock would arise.
That's like defeating the whole purpose of BH!
Old 4th August 2024, 10:48   #1224
BANNED

I was in the market for an M340i and my Mumbai dealer refused a BH series, stating that Mumbai RTO has stopped accepting applications. I find it difficult to believe this given the new Bombay HC ruling. Anyone who has recently availed a BH series registration in Mumbai ? Thanks.
Old 4th August 2024, 12:55   #1225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhjain View Post
my Mumbai dealer refused a BH series, stating that Mumbai RTO has stopped accepting applications.
Did dealer inform any specific reason the RTO has stopped accepting BH applications?
Old 4th August 2024, 13:09   #1226
BANNED

No, they just claimed that BH series is not working anymore at Mumbai. I think they are just avoiding the situation at dealerships. Fellow members who have successfully registered at Mumbai may confirm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kar_Om View Post
Did dealer inform any specific reason the RTO has stopped accepting BH applications?
Old 4th August 2024, 20:41   #1227
BHPian

Quote:
What about Maharashtra and Karnataka, do they support online address change?

That's like defeating the whole purpose of BH!
I tried online address change for a BH vehicle to KA address. It clearly rejected saying KA is not providing BH registration
ssateesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th August 2024, 23:00   #1228
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I tried online address change for a BH vehicle to KA address. It clearly rejected saying KA is not providing BH registration
Then we should simply keep paying it to the state where it was originally registered.

Last edited by Axe77 : 5th August 2024 at 07:13. Reason: Caps.
Old 4th August 2024, 23:46   #1229
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Both MH and KA have BH series address change as an option in the mParivahan portal. Many states don't have that as an option. But as you're saying if you proceed, KA is not allowing it! that would be dissapointing.
Old 5th August 2024, 01:12   #1230
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmuser View Post
Problem with that is, for BH series, every two years, if there is any RTO change, address is supposed to be updated in the mParivahan website (problem is not all states offering online address change for BH number)
Though it makes perfect sense, is it explicitly mandated by rules? If the new state doesn't allow it for any reason, then I don't see any way to resolve the deadlock, apart from not bothering to change the address at all

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks