Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th December 2023, 15:38   #1096
BHPian

Re: New "BH" series registration | For cars getting transferred from one state to another

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomads320 View Post
My dealer has considered ex showroom.price including GST and Cess while paying road tax during registeration. Due to this error, I will have to pay 20k extra over 15 years. I have taken up with Honda but no response/help from them...
Were you able to pay the corrected tax?

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 25th December 2023 at 19:10. Reason: Typos.
Old 26th December 2023, 00:27   #1097

Re: New "BH" series registration | For cars getting transferred from one state to another

No, i have paid the tax as visible which is more than the actual
Old 30th December 2023, 11:52   #1098

Hi Guys, I am eligible for BH series number. Should I get it or normal RTO is right choice? Below is my case.

I am from Gwalior MP. In Jan 2024, there will be 50 % rebate on RTO by government. I have booked Venue with ex showroom cost of 10.4 Lakhs. Now instead of 10% RTO, I will need to pay 5 % only, so there will be savings of 52000 Rs. I am purchasing the car from Gwalior itself.

I work in IT and my office is in Gurgaon. I am eligible for BH series number, but than there will be no RTO discount. I will have to pay full RTO price in long run. I may have to relocate to Gurgaon in future maybe in a year, and not sure if I will move to other states in south as well in future. 50% discount looks lucrative to me on top of year end dealer discount.

Concerns:
1. How will BH series work if I change my company which is not in 5 sates?
2. Is it worth giving up 50% RTO discount for BH series?
3. From Jan 2024, Hyundai will hike car prices. Should I be concerned with that and look for cheaper options? Looks like dealer discount will be nullified by price hike in new year.
Old 30th December 2023, 17:12   #1099
Distinguished - BHPian

Saw a brand new HyCross with what looked like a BH temporary registration number in Bangalore. Did not know they existed.

Read as TRBH23KLXXXXJ. No pictures unfortunately.
Old 30th December 2023, 17:30   #1100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_hhh View Post
I may have to relocate to Gurgaon in future maybe in a year, and not sure if I will move to other states in south as well in future.
Notwithstanding anything else that you have mentioned, this line itself is reason enough for you to opt for a BH registration. If you were to indeed move states, that 50% rebate benefit you have mentioned will evaporate very quickly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Saw a brand new HyCross with what looked like a BH temporary registration number in Bangalore. Did not know they existed.

Could be an applied for car from outside KA, being driven in Bangalore? From what I understand, the SC hearing seems to be coming up in January.
Overlander is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2023, 17:52   #1101
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overlander View Post
Could be an applied for car from outside KA, being driven in Bangalore? From what I understand, the SC hearing seems to be coming up in January.
Very much. I’m assuming the KL stands for Kerala here.
itwasntme is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2023, 15:03   #1102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_hhh View Post
Concerns:
1. How will BH series work if I change my company which is not in 5 sates?
2. Is it worth giving up 50% RTO discount for BH series?
3. From Jan 2024, Hyundai will hike car prices. Should I be concerned with that and look for cheaper options? Looks like dealer discount will be nullified by price hike in new year.
Answering your concerns serially:
1. That is a million dollar question and even the RTO was not able to answer the last time I had asked around. Ethically you are required to pay the balance road tax on pro rata basis in the state where you intend to register/stay if you are not eligible for BH criteria.
2. If you would be moving between states often not only for work but also for personal reasons, then BH registration would be suitable.
3. I don't think this is anyway related to BH topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post

That's really strange coz the BH registration number is immediately generated once the dealer make the online application and the corresponding road tax is paid. The dealer can provide the number plates during delivery itself then why would someone put a temporary BH registration sticker on the car?
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2024, 11:39   #1103
Senior - BHPian

BH registered owners - A query.

I am due to pay the road tax in a day or two for my BH registered vehicle. I am seeing this message on the Parivahan site. Can anyone who has recently done the BH registration road tax payment on the site confirm this pls? Does this Tax clearance needs to be done? If yes, what was the process followed?

Quote:
*Note: Dear user, in case you haven't done Tax Clearance after paying tax for a particular period, then please contact your RTO for tax clearance to avoid any kind of penalty and extra tax payment.
Old 4th January 2024, 00:46   #1104

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
BH registered owners - A query.

I am due to pay the road tax in a day or two for my BH registered vehicle. I am seeing this message on the Parivahan site. Can anyone who has recently done the BH registration road tax payment on the site confirm this pls? Does this Tax clearance needs to be done? If yes, what was the process followed?
I have just paid the tax for my vehicle which is due in August '24. No issues faced.
debban is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2024, 09:49   #1105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by debban View Post
I have just paid the tax for my vehicle which is due in August '24. No issues faced.
I paid the road tax (incl of taxes) online on the Parivahan website. the process was super smooth. Payment was done by credit card and choosing the SBI epay gateway. The receipt was generated instantly with all the details correct. Checked the receipts status on Parivahan as well as on the m-Parivahan app, the transaction is reflected. For the next two years I am relaxed.
Old 4th January 2024, 17:11   #1106
BHPian

Quote:
I paid the road tax (incl of taxes) online on the Parivahan website. the process was super smooth. Payment was done by credit card and choosing the SBI epay gateway. The receipt was generated instantly with all the details correct. Checked the receipts status on Parivahan as well as on the m-Parivahan app, the transaction is reflected. For the next two years I am relaxed.
Did you select both of the below?

New "BH" series registration | For cars getting transferred from one state to another-mvtax.png
Old 5th January 2024, 07:24   #1107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What do you mean by "incl of taxes"? Any other tax apart from road tax?
Old 5th January 2024, 08:22   #1108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetaWatt View Post
Did you select both of the below?
I could see only the MV tax option and not the other one which I selected and paid for 2 yrs lumpsum. How come you are seeing the two?

Quote:
Originally Posted by santosh.s View Post
What do you mean by "incl of taxes"? Any other tax apart from road tax?
Apart from the road tax amount an additional amount of around Rs 400 was charged which was mentioned as some taxes (i don't remember exactly as it appeared in the credit card payment screen).
Old 5th January 2024, 11:19   #1109
BHPian

Folks, Which are the states that are readily giving BH series registration without troubles? Also if one goes for company lease (Car in company name) BH registration can be applied?
I am from KA and not hopeful for the near future in getting BH registration here. So trying to see if I can buy it from another state
Old 5th January 2024, 11:37   #1110
Senior - BHPian

^^ I think apart from the southern states of KA, TN, KL, TS, AP, all the others are offering BH if you meet the criteria. BH is not applicable on company registration.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks