Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2023, 11:43   #1021
Senior - BHPian

Re: New "BH" series registration | For cars getting transferred from one state to another

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
I got the BH registration done on exshowroom price including the GST. When I later challenged the dealer by showing the Morth circular, the dealer raised his hands saying the RTO folks have provided the tax calculation. This was in Jan 2022 and my interactions with RTO people made me realize that I am talking to a wall. Had to leave the issue there.
My post was more towards challenging the dealer if he is collecting higher amount than what is official. I think you are talking about RTO calculations itself which could be another battle altogether.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 6th October 2023 at 11:46.
Aviator_guy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2023, 11:54   #1022
BHPian

Re: New "BH" series registration | For cars getting transferred from one state to another

Quote:
I got the BH registration done on exshowroom price including the GST. When I later challenged the dealer by showing the Morth circular, the dealer raised his hands saying the RTO folks have provided the tax calculation. This was in Jan 2022 and my interactions with RTO people made me realize that I am talking to a wall. Had to leave the issue there.
RTOs and the Vaahan Portal have come a long way since Jan 2022. Things are much more streamlined now, at least in Maharashtra.
biplab3110 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2023, 12:30   #1023
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by biplab3110 View Post
That is not correct. It is calculated on Ex factory price. My Audi Q3 got registered yesterday and I can see the values on Vaahan. Ex factory is calculated basis the Ex showroom price before any discounts so the government does not lose revenue because of discounts. So, for the same car, everyone in a state pays the same amount for BH registration irrespective of the on road price they negotiate.

Sales guys at most dealerships have no understanding of BH registration and will say whatever they want. Challenge them with a copy of the MoRTH Gazette and they will all fall in place.
I just got an Exter and the RTO people took the tax on the basis of Ex Showroom price. Receipt and future payments on the Vahan portal reflect the same.
Old 6th October 2023, 13:04   #1024
Senior - BHPian

For my Jimny registered in the Sept.'23 at Pune, the dealership's initial calculations indicated the BH tax calculation on ex showroom, but the actual tax paid was based on the pre GST invoice value which was a pleasant surprise as I had heard that Pune RTO was using ex showroom as base for calculation.
Old 6th October 2023, 13:59   #1025
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
For my Jimny registered in the Sept.'23 at Pune, the dealership's initial calculations indicated the BH tax calculation on ex showroom, but the actual tax paid was based on the pre GST invoice value which was a pleasant surprise as I had heard that Pune RTO was using ex showroom as base for calculation.
Thats what I found out when my BIL got the BH registration done for his Safari recently. The Pune RTO seems to be judiciously sticking to the Morth directive whereas other RTOs in MH it might not be the case.
Old 6th October 2023, 14:09   #1026
Senior - BHPian

Can someone share their experience with BH tax calculations at Satara RTO? That is where my car is due to be registered soon.
Old 8th October 2023, 07:09   #1027

Quote:
Originally Posted by BalaChakravarth View Post
Hello, I have been speaking with my dealer - Mahindra - Shireesh Auto in Sarjapur, Bangalore; for BH registration for a new vehicle; and they continue to maintain that for Private Employees, the RTOs continue to not give approvals.
Despite the diktat from the High court which clearly called out that the state RTO cannot overrule the terms of BH registration for Private employees, there seems to be no light at the end of the tunnel.
Has anyone managed to get a BH registration as a private employee in Bangalore yet? Is there a work around for this? Some guidance would help!
Thanks,
Bala
I have been following it up. The state govt had 60 days to implement it which ended on 27th sep. I called commissioner office, they told me they are appealing in SC. The lawyer who fought these cases told that court favours govt a bit and we can't file contempt petition for not implementing order right on 61st day. It takes time. So, contempt petition would be filed on 17th oct. Meanwhile they will appeal in SC. If govt lawyer gets the hearing and gets the appeal admitted then it's going to be 6 more months. If the appeal gets dismissed because already bigger bench of HC has given judgement and they don't HV any new argument, then the case may be dismissed. In that case they have to implement immediately. That would be around a month. I am also waiting for that.
madhukarsingh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th October 2023, 11:57   #1028
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by santosh.s View Post
Can someone share their experience with BH tax calculations at Satara RTO? That is where my car is due to be registered soon.
You could calculate it yourself if you have the invoice which mentions the factory rate( don't include the GST). Use the below calculation to know the amount.
Attached Images

Old 8th October 2023, 12:21   #1029
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the pointer @ghodlur. I am aware of what it should be, for this car (hycross top model) it should be around 42k for every 2 years. What I am trying to know is whether they are doing it correctly at that particular RTO office (Satara) or they are charging more by considering ex-showroom price like many have reported here, thereby requiring us to go through the hassle of arguing with them. The difference with GST and cess will be considerable, almost 1.5x! Anyway, I have got the copy for gazette notification from this thread and I am going to contest them by sharing it in case of any discrepancy.
Old 9th October 2023, 15:25   #1030

Hi everyone, this question is for those who have taken BH registration from their home state (e.g. DL) while living / working in another state (e.g. KA). Once you move the vehicle from your native to your residence, do you need to fill in form 33 or do some additional paperwork? Specific answers for KA will help further. Thanks.
Old 9th October 2023, 16:41   #1031
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheZenGuy06 View Post
Hi everyone, this question is for those who have taken BH registration from their home state (e.g. DL) while living / working in another state (e.g. KA). Once you move the vehicle from your native to your residence, do you need to fill in form 33 or do some additional paperwork? Specific answers for KA will help further. Thanks.
I dont think any paper work needs to be done or forms to be filled once the BH registration is done. I have the BH registrations from MH and staying in KA, never have been asked for any additional documentation.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2023, 17:34   #1032
BHPian

Quote:
But the dealer is adamant saying Pune RTO is demanding the same. Any central govt employee on the forum availed of the BH registrations, pls share your experience
Me too in the same situation. My wife is buying the car and the dealer is asking for a work certificate under the official letter pad. Only the Joint Secretary/Commissioner level has the letter pad in her services. So what is the solution for this?

Last edited by greyhound82 : 9th October 2023 at 17:35.
Old 10th October 2023, 08:44   #1033
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhound82 View Post
Me too in the same situation. My wife is buying the car and the dealer is asking for a work certificate under the official letter pad. Only the Joint Secretary/Commissioner level has the letter pad in her services. So what is the solution for this?
In my BIL's case the id card worked although the RTO guys did challenge and asked for the form 60 however BIL stuck to the BH gazette and the registration was done. See the bold highlighted from the 2021 Gazette. You can show this to the RTO folks.

Quote:
In the Central Motor Vehicles Rules, 1989 (hereinafter referred to as the said rules), in rule 47, in sub-rule (1), after clause (c), the following clauses shall be inserted, namely:— “(ca) working certificate in Form 60, in case the applicant working in private sector applies for BH-Series registration mark; (cb) Official Identity Card, in case the applicant working in Government office applies for BH-series registration mark;”.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2023, 11:10   #1034
BHPian

Quote:
Any central govt employee on the forum availed the BH registrations, pls share your experience
I got my vehicle registered with a 23BH number from HP 88 RTO. A serving certificate from the unit was all they asked.The tax also was calculated on the vehicle cost excluding GST & cess, if it helps.
Old 10th October 2023, 11:10   #1035

Any idea on what is the rule position if the vehicle has to be registered in the name of spouse/ parents of someone eligible for BH registration?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks