Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2023, 18:52   #991
BHPian

Re: New "BH" series registration | For cars getting transferred from one state to another

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travel Bright View Post
We have two 2022 BH vehicles in the family registered in Delhi. Using the portal link discussed above, once you select Delhi, it goes to Delhi transport website instead of path to pay BH vehicle tax. I raised a complaint with Delhi transport department and they replied back asking to physically visit the RTO.
I tried paying tax for my Vehicle (22BH).

https://parivahan.gov.in/parivahan//...lated-services

It asks me to provide my state and select RTO Jurisdiction. Once I do that it redirects to Maharashtra RTO website but I am able to provide my Registration number and chassis number and it shows the tax amount to be paid under "lumsum 2 year" option which seems to be less than what I paid when I bought the car.
The website didn't request me to provide documents for employment verification to check my eligibility again.

Cheers !

Last edited by BleueNinja : 3rd September 2023 at 18:54.
BleueNinja is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2023, 18:55   #992
Senior - BHPian

Re: New "BH" series registration | For cars getting transferred from one state to another

Seeing many posts about online payment for BH registration where users are trying to pay tax even if not due. Any particular reason to pay future tax on 2022 BH vehicle if it is not due yet?
Old 3rd September 2023, 19:38   #993
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleueNinja View Post

It asks me to provide my state and select RTO Jurisdiction. Once I do that it redirects to Maharashtra RTO website but I am able to provide my Registration number and chassis number and it shows the tax amount to be paid under "lumsum 2 year" option which seems to be less than what I paid when I bought the car.

Cheers !
When you bought the car you paid 2 years' Road Tax, 2% Road safety Cess on 15 years Road Tax, plus registration charges, hypothecation charges (if financed), number plate charges and postal charges. However, now you are paying only 2 years' Road Tax. Hence the amount is less.

Last edited by Axe77 : 3rd September 2023 at 20:41. Reason: Minor typo.
biplab3110 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th September 2023, 07:50   #994
Senior - BHPian

I was told that one cannot sell a BH car as the first owner within the first 3 years. Is it correct?
Old 4th September 2023, 09:13   #995
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhdowntheline View Post
I was told that one cannot sell a BH car as the first owner within the first 3 years. Is it correct?
There is no such rule, the buyer must be BH eligible or they will have to re-register the vehicle in the local RTO
Old 12th September 2023, 14:56   #996
Senior - BHPian

Just got my Jimny AT BH registered in Pune and to my pleasant surprise, the RTO has calculated tax on the pre GST invoice value.

It has worked out to an almost INR 7.5k lower tax which will repeat over the next installments as well and result in an additional saving of ~50k

Is this an exception or the norm now in Pune ? Others please check your calculation and share an update.
fiat_tarun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2023, 15:01   #997
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
Just got my Jimny AT BH registered in Pune and to my pleasant surprise, the RTO has calculated tax on the pre GST invoice value.

It has worked out to an almost INR 7.5k lower tax which will repeat over the next installments as well and result in an additional saving of ~50k

Is this an exception or the norm now in Pune ? Others please check your calculation and share an update.
My BIL got the Safari BH registered and the exshowroom value minus the GST was taken into the calculation. Good savings on the tax part. I think now its a norm with Pune RTO atleast.
Old 12th September 2023, 15:38   #998
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
.... I think now its a norm with Pune RTO atleast.
I was under the impression that Pune RTO was still calculating based on ex-showroom price from some of the comments here. Good that this has changed now in line with the BH notification.
Old 17th September 2023, 15:06   #999
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Hi all

I have booked a Creta SX O IVT AE from Sharayu Turbhe, Navi Mumbai. I asked for BH registration. My employer provided form 60 in the format mentioned in Government Gazate. But my dealership asks for a simple letter in employers letter head. They are afraid that RTO may return the application.

Wondering how RTO can reject when we provide the format instructed by government through gazate. I anyway asked my delaershhip to forward application in format provided by my employer.

Any thoughts on this
Old 17th September 2023, 16:58   #1000
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vimalvittaladas View Post
But my dealership asks for a simple letter in employers letter head. They are afraid that RTO may return the application.

Wondering how RTO can reject when we provide the format instructed by government through gazate. I anyway asked my delaershhip to forward application in format provided by my employer.
The format which is provided by the govt for Form 60 has to be printed on the company's letter head which will be the proof that the co is aware of the application of BH registration and confirmation that company has offices in more than 5 states.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2023, 17:22   #1001
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
The format which is provided by the govt for Form 60 has to be printed on the company's letter head which will be the proof that the co is aware of the application of BH registration and confirmation that company has offices in more than 5 states.
Hi

Thanks for the clarification

I got the form 60 in the same way. Dealer shows me another form entirely different from what government says with some 5 state's GST numbers mentioned. My HR says that the form as stated by Government Gazate is the one they can issue.

I finally told my dealership to go ahead with what my employer provided (same as government notified) and lets see the result.Waiting with fingers crossed
Old 21st September 2023, 13:27   #1002
BHPian

Was anyone able to renew insurance policy after the first year for their BH registered two wheeler? I have tried different websites like policybazar and insurancedekho and both don't let me enter the registration number.
The only insurance company website that has allowed me to do it till now is ICICI Lombard, but the premium there is coming out to be Rs. 6k for an IDV of Rs. 2.5L (when the IDV on dealer issued insurance is Rs. 3.2L), which seems to be on the higher side to me.
Kindly give some insight into how I should go about renewing it.

Thanks and regards,
MiSiMa
Old 21st September 2023, 16:45   #1003
BHPian

Hi All, has anyone converted an existing registered vehicle with state RTA to BH registration? If yes, please help out with the procedure and other nuances to be aware. I am interested to convert my car to BH number. Also is there any age limit for the BH conversion? And finally, what happens after 15 years of the car? Do I have to get it re-registered to local RTA?
Old 21st September 2023, 16:53   #1004
BHPian

I know these questions have been asked in different shape and forms on this thread earlier, but would be great if you can throw some light on the questions that i need clarity on.

Background - I am currently based out of Gurgaon , employed with a company that doesnt have an office in NCR. I travel to Bangalore (my base location) every month for a week and not sure for how long can I push the decision of not relocating there or not sure if there is a high likelihood of finding an NCR based opportunity.

Amongst, all this I have zeroed in on a Safari XZA+ Adventure edition and have made a booking (on hold now). Now that I might have to relocate to Bangalore, I am thinking if I should book the vehicle from my home town which is in UP. It gives me two advantages, I can apply for a BH registration which should supposedly make it easy for me to take the vehicle to Bangalore if and when I move. And more importantly , the NCR 10 year rule does not apply and I can keep car for longer.

Now the questions.

1. Has the requirement change from offices in 4 states to 5 states , refer to last few posts in this thread? My company has registered offices in Maharashtra , Karnataka , Telangana and Tamilnadu only.

2. Does BH registration mean I do not have to transfer the registration to Karnataka even after crossing the 11 months allowed window for all vehicles? I thought it was compulsory irrespective of which kind of registration you have.

3. To point 3 above, can i really drive the vehicle without any hassle for 11 months or I can expect the KA police to give me some tough time if I get stopped even within this 11 months window?

4. Basis some of the comments above , I think for now it is possible to pay road tax post two years without giving BH Eligible proofs, but is it really likely that it will continue? I am guessing government might bring in an addendum to impose this rule soon.

5. Though I don't intend to sell the vehicle any time soon, but you never know about the future situations (I had to sell my Hector within 18 months of ownership). Has any one tried selling a BH vehicle? just how hard it is to find a buyer?

6. Lastly (OT for this thread though ) should I really book a Safari now or wait for the face lift. Going by Nexon facelift , they are going to make it look like another concept car and the car will lose all its simplicity and muscle
Old 21st September 2023, 19:27   #1005
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by New.Novice View Post
1. Has the requirement change from offices in 4 states to 5 states , refer to last few posts in this thread? My company has registered offices in Maharashtra , Karnataka , Telangana and Tamilnadu only.

2. Does BH registration mean I do not have to transfer the registration to Karnataka even after crossing the 11 months allowed window for all vehicles? I thought it was compulsory irrespective of which kind of registration you have.

3. To point 3 above, can i really drive the vehicle without any hassle for 11 months or I can expect the KA police to give me some tough time if I get stopped even within this 11 months window?

4. Basis some of the comments above , I think for now it is possible to pay road tax post two years without giving BH Eligible proofs, but is it really likely that it will continue? I am guessing government might bring in an addendum to impose this rule soon.

5. Though I don't intend to sell the vehicle any time soon, but you never know about the future situations (I had to sell my Hector within 18 months of ownership). Has any one tried selling a BH vehicle? just how hard it is to find a buyer?

6. Lastly (OT for this thread though ) should I really book a Safari now or wait for the face lift. Going by Nexon facelift , they are going to make it look like another concept car and the car will lose all its simplicity and muscle
To answer your questions serially.
1. It is 4 states or more.
2. If you have BH registered car you don't need to re register the car in the state you are residing nor pay the state road tax.
3. Drive with a peace of mind if you have a BH registered car, you will not be stopped by state traffic cops for registration atleast.
4. You will be allotted a BH registration provided you give the Form 60 duly attested by your company. You don't need to submit the evidence again during the tax renewal after 2 yrs.
5. A BH registered car can be sold to a BH registration eligible buyer only, the same rule of offices in 4 states are more is applicable. You will have find such a buyer if you intend to sell a BH registration car.
6. Nexon and Safari are two different segments. You must have zeroed in on Safari for some specific reason right, why would you look at a Nexon then? Safar is a fantastic car, buy it, get it BH registered, travel to Bangalore and enjoy the car.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks