Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th June 2023, 12:45   #931
Senior - BHPian

Re: New "BH" series registration | For cars getting transferred from one state to another

Quote:
Originally Posted by tp_dominator View Post
Hello All,

Has anybody tried selling their BH registered car yet? What are the processes involved? Despite the GR, Pune RTO guys have no clue on the same. They are not even sure if they can transfer it to another BH eligible person or can convert it to normal registration.

If anybody else has tried doing this anywhere else, please share your experience and the process. There is too much confusion and no clarity given by anybody.
That's the biggest blunder of the BH registration implementation. Rule bought by centre, implementation by state. State RTO guys are happy with the normal state registrations and don't give a damn about the BH registrations. The helpline of Parivahan is another hopeless piece in the machinery. So basically the BH registered guys are stuck and isolated.

What you need to do is find an eligible buyer for the BH registered cars and try it online in Parivahan.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2023, 01:18   #932
BHPian

Re: New "BH" series registration | For cars getting transferred from one state to another

Quote:
Originally Posted by seatosky View Post
I am getting my car registration process underway, and the dealer is saying that the RTO does not provide BH registration to cars taken under company name. Is this true, is it only available for employees?

yes. It is true. BH is only for employees. Not for company owned cars.
Samrat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2023, 18:29   #933

Looking for some help - how does the owner of BH car prove eligibility every time tax has to be paid (i.e. every 2 years) - is it by getting a new Form 60 from their employer, or are any other documents needed?

Has anyone owned a BH car for more than 2 years yet?
Old 3rd July 2023, 20:56   #934
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT-R View Post
Looking for some help - how does the owner of BH car prove eligibility every time tax has to be paid (i.e. every 2 years) - is it by getting a new Form 60 from their employer, or are any other documents needed?

Has anyone owned a BH car for more than 2 years yet?
BH registration started in Aug/Sep 2021 so we may need to wait for few months to see how the renewal works.
Aviator_guy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2023, 19:00   #935
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
If it is indeed true that the BH tax scheme can be opted for new car purchases it does mark one of the largest changes since the GST regime in vehicle price/affordability etc. I still doubt this will go through, knowing how big a hue and cry non-BJP ruled states will raise, as it seriously compromises their revenues. For example, there is no way TN Finance minister Palanivel Thiagarajan is going to take this lying down, he has actually been talking of raising road tax percentage higher to improve state revenues. I expect the states will go to the supreme court over this, if it is really true, to obtain a stay from the central government unilaterally making such a move. As a large percentage of buyers can claim their employers have offices in more than one state (think about IT industry giants like TCS, Infosys etc. and the number of employees of these companies who buy cars, who could all technically qualify for this). The timing of the move actually looks dubious, when a state like TN is re-asserting itself politically and financially, and trying to bring in better control of its revenues and fiscal deficit. One of the moves they are actually considering is to raise peak road tax%.

https://www.businessinsider.in/busin...w/85322536.cms

Some rough calculation of gains/loss from opting for this scheme - these show the impact on buying a car that costs 50 lakhs ex-showroom. The first row is for a state that has 10% peak Road Tax Rate, the second is for state like TN which has 15% peak Road Tax rate and the last is for a state like KA with a 18% peak Road Tax rate. The savings do not even consider time value of money - if the future BH tax payments are discounted to present value, there will be an even larger saving in states with higher peak road tax rates.
Could you please help me understand why the initial BH Tax will be 3.5L? Shouldn't it be just 1L (7.5L for 15 years = 1L for 2 years)?
Old 8th July 2023, 13:01   #936
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone transferred their existing registration to BH ?

My Compass is BH registered and I want to move my Rapid to BH as well.
Old 12th July 2023, 18:50   #937
BHPian

Guys, has anyone bought BH series vehicle in MH recently? Apart from sharing office address for multiple locations as Form60, they are also asking for GST number for each location citing some fraud.

Is this the norm in other states as well?
Old 12th July 2023, 19:41   #938
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altocumulus View Post
Has anyone transferred their existing registration to BH ?

My Compass is BH registered and I want to move my Rapid to BH as well.
I tried the same for my 2019 Ecosport. But the RTO refused saying as of now, BH registration is applicable only to new vehicles.
Old 12th July 2023, 21:21   #939
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi_tjet View Post
Guys, has anyone bought BH series vehicle in MH recently? Apart from sharing office address for multiple locations as Form60, they are also asking for GST number for each location citing some fraud.

My company gave me the Form 60 with GST no. for all locations, though it would be submitted to the RTO tomorrow for the no. registration.

You can ask your company HR for the same, generally I have found the HR folks to be well informed and they generate the Form 60 as per govt. norms.
shantanumishra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2023, 21:29   #940
BHPian

Has anyone obtained the BH number from Delhi RTO in the last one year? Were you charged road tax on the dealer invoice price or the ex-showroom price?
Old 13th July 2023, 01:30   #941
BHPian

Quote:

Yes, this is what is being asked for in MH RTOs. Earlier they were asking for GST copies too but since GST numbers can be validated online, now only GST numbers to be mentioned on the Form 60.
tp_dominator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2023, 07:41   #942
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Has there been any change vide any circular? AFAIK the GST nos were only supposed to quoted if available and no copies to be provided along with Form 60. If you have a parent co with branches in more than 4 cities then you dont need to provide any GST details even on Form 60. If the companies are different than the parent company then only the GST of all companies need to be provided. Atleast this was the case in Jan 2022 when I got the BH registration done.

I guess the RTO guys are also evolving to the BH formalities.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2023, 14:23   #943
BHPian

Quote:

It is a part of the overall process. The GST number is a proof of the employer indeed having different offices in 4 or more states. The Form 60 actually has the placeholder for the employer to furnish these details.

I own a BH registered car, hence sharing my experience.
Jaisalmeriya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2023, 14:40   #944
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantanumishra View Post
My company gave me the Form 60 with GST no. for all locations, though it would be submitted to the RTO tomorrow for the no. registration.

You can ask your company HR for the same, generally I have found the HR folks to be well informed and they generate the Form 60 as per govt. norms.
An update here, got my BH no. allocated and assigned in 2 days from submission of documents and paying the Road tax.

The tax was calculated on the Dealer Invoice Price (Minus the GST). A simple way to calculate your tax is to multiply the Ex-showroom price by 1.5% and this would give you an approx. Road Tax amount which would be very close to the actual amount.

Dealers are normally collecting 2-2.5% of Ex-showroom price, but you should negotiate to 1.5% of Ex-showroom, In majority of the cases, the actual Road tax would be slightly lesser than 1.5% of the Ex-showroom and Dealer should refund the additional excess paid here.
shantanumishra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th July 2023, 12:48   #945
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by biplab3110 View Post
Could you please help me understand why the initial BH Tax will be 3.5L? Shouldn't it be just 1L (7.5L for 15 years = 1L for 2 years)?
I have this doubt too, what exactly is the "initial BH tax"?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks