Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2023, 12:52   #901
BHPian

Re: New "BH" series registration | For cars getting transferred from one state to another

Quote:
Originally Posted by KumarS View Post
It seems that even after several months, banks and insurance companies are still confused about the BH registration process, with many vehicles being registered under BH.

As we too have resorted to native state to obtain a BH number, this is causing issues with loan applications and insurance companies. One insurer has demanded a premium of 2.5 lakh for a car priced at 18 lakh ex-showroom as if they're insuring a spaceship or something , while one bank requires a fixed deposit of XX lakh to obtain a loan for BH registration from another state (because of TR and then BH ) .

The documentation required is extensive, and it seems they want almost all the documents except for hospital bills.

Overall, it's just one big comedy show watching these companies try to navigate the BH registration process.
The banks should not have any issues processing BH series vehicle financing. If your bank is still confused, being a banker myself, I can chip in. You can DM me.
Old 16th April 2023, 13:09   #902
Team-BHP Support

Re: New "BH" series registration | For cars getting transferred from one state to another

Quote:
Originally Posted by KumarS View Post
It seems that even after several months, banks and insurance companies are still confused about the BH registration process, with many vehicles being registered under BH.

….

Overall, it's just one big comedy show watching these companies try to navigate the BH registration process.
Strange. My colleague just bought a BH plate Countryman (with finance) and he didn’t seem to have any issues with either financing or insurance. Perhaps escalate this within the respective organisation and see if they can resolve.

I see several BH plates nowadays so I can’t imagine this should be overly complicated, specially in a Tier 1 city like Bangalore. Wonder if its down to some uninformed or incompetent employees.
Old 19th April 2023, 23:30   #903
BHPian

Has any private employee got the BH registration done in Ghaziabad UP yet ? I am looking to go for BH registration. I have Form 60 in email but seems like Ghaziabad RTO follows some unique rules. Any guidance will be of great help.
Old 21st April 2023, 18:56   #904
BHPian

Does anyone has any information on BH registration for Telangana? One of my friend is a private sector employee and is based out of Hyderabad. His company has presence in more than 4 states. The initial information he got from the dealer is that BH registration is not yet started here. Any pointers will be of great help. Thanks in advance.
Old 23rd April 2023, 21:18   #905
BHPian

Hi All,

I have a query about BH registration. My address on aadhar is for Haryana. My company has offices in Delhi and Haryana (and 10+ other states). I want to take BH number, but the dealer in Gurgaon is saying:

1) Haryana is not issuing BH registration

2) Although my company has Delhi GST, I cannot take the BH number from Delhi since my address is from Haryana.

So my question is that, with the Haryana residence address, is there a way to get the BH number from Delhi if the company is in Delhi??
Old 24th April 2023, 12:54   #906
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg View Post
Hi All,

I have a query about BH registration. My address on aadhar is for Haryana. My company has offices in Delhi and Haryana (and 10+ other states). I want to take BH number, but the dealer in Gurgaon is saying:

2) Although my company has Delhi GST, I cannot take the BH number from Delhi since my address is from Haryana.

So my question is that, with the Haryana residence address, is there a way to get the BH number from Delhi if the company is in Delhi??

No, you need Delhi address Aadhar card.
dijkstraind is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2023, 20:29   #907
BHPian

Quote:

I have a query

You have to do some jugaad for this.

1. Get a temporary transfer to Delhi office, stay in a hostel and get address proof from them. Your company has to cooperate.

OR

2. Get a relative or friend in Delhi, if you have one, to certify that you are staying as PG with them. You can even make a rental agreement. Your friend or relative has to cooperate.

Once registration is done you go back to Haryana.
Capri89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2023, 21:51   #908
BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,

Last year Government issued a notification allowing BH registration either at work place or residence. Here is the press release

https://pib.gov.in/PressReleaseIfram...x?PRID=1883991

Please check actual notification in this thread itself or MorTH website and you may have to fight to get this done.
thanixravindran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2023, 03:58   #909
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thanixravindran View Post
Last year Government issued a notification allowing BH registration either at work place or residence. Here is the press release

https://pib.gov.in/PressReleaseIfram...x?PRID=1883991

Please check actual notification in this thread itself or MorTH website and you may have to fight to get this done.
BH registration can be done in the state of residence or work (primary). I think the OP's primary place of work is in HR that's why Delhi or other state registration may not be possible even though his company has branches in other states. Unless he can show proof that he is working or living in Delhi, I'm not too sure he can get BH registration from Delhi.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 25th April 2023 at 04:27.
Aviator_guy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2023, 07:06   #910
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
BH registration can be done in the state of residence or work (primary). I think the OP's primary place of work is in HR that's why Delhi or other state registration may not be possible even though his company has branches in other states. Unless he can show proof that he is working or living in Delhi, I'm not too sure he can get BH registration from Delhi.
Ok, I thought OP is working in Delhi but just his address is not updated to Delhi and available in Haryana. If his primary work place is not Delhi, he cannot take advantage of this amendment.
thanixravindran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2023, 20:32   #911

As per this news article from a Malayalam channel, Kerala to charge it's own road-tax for BH registration vehicles plying in the state for more than a month.

https://www.mediaoneonline.com/keral...ditions-216453

Tax paid for BH is valid all over India. First it was a refusal to accept BH altogether, and now they want to charge their own tax on top of it. Not sure where Kerala is going with this.

P.S. I did not find this news covered in any other news website so far. Please use Translate option to read the news in English.
Old 5th May 2023, 10:11   #912

Hi, do we have clarity on the process of BH renewal? The private sector organization that I work for today has offices in more than 4 states and getting a BH registration for the new car is not a problem.

But given that BH road tax is to be paid every two years, I am not sure of satisfying this requirement in the coming years. Will my BH eligibility be checked every 2 years? We typically keep our cars for 10-15 years, so selling is not an issue for me. Savings on upfront payment of road tax for 15 years is the only incentive for me in exploring a BH registration.

Would like to understand views of members here if I should consider getting a BH registration or regular Maharashtra state registration. I stay in Mumbai.

Thanks.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 5th May 2023 at 10:19. Reason: Typos
theAP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th May 2023, 10:40   #913
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAP View Post
Hi, do we have clarity on the process of BH renewal? The private sector organization that I work for today has offices in more than 4 states and getting a BH registration for the new car is not a problem.

But given that BH road tax is to be paid every two years, I am not sure of satisfying this requirement in the coming years. Will my BH eligibility be checked every 2 years? We typically keep our cars for 10-15 years, so selling is not an issue for me. Savings on upfront payment of road tax for 15 years is the only incentive for me in exploring a BH registration.

Would like to understand views of members here if I should consider getting a BH registration or regular Maharashtra state registration. I stay in Mumbai.

Thanks.
Many have posted this group about govt guidelines which mandates that the owner of BH registered car would have to prove eligibility every two years otherwise the person has to pay regular tax and convert to regular registration. Also, for resale of BH car, buyer also has to be eligible for BH.

Given these restrictions and the fact that you want to keep car for long term, also I'm assuming you are not in transferable job (although your company may have offices in multiple states) then it may not be very productive for you to go for BH registration, specially if you are not sure of maintaining BH eligibility in long term. It might turn out to be a headache more than the savings.

Weigh all pros and cons before you take the plunge. You may also want to check with the RTO or local agent for more clarity.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 5th May 2023 at 10:43.
Aviator_guy is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 5th May 2023, 11:01   #914
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
Many have posted this group about govt guidelines which mandates that the owner of BH registered car would have to prove eligibility every two years otherwise the person has to pay regular tax and convert to regular registration
I dont think this is correct, there isnt any guidelines which mandates that owner has to prove the eligibility every two years. Once the BH registration is taken the owner has to continue paying every 2 year the tax and no way need to submit the eligibility documents. For sale there is a requirements that the vehicle can be sold to person who satisfies the BH eligibility.

Kindly share any documents if you think otherwise.
Old 5th May 2023, 14:19   #915
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
I dont think this is correct, there isnt any guidelines which mandates that owner has to prove the eligibility every two years. Once the BH registration is taken the owner has to continue paying every 2 year the tax and no way need to submit the eligibility documents. For sale there is a requirements that the vehicle can be sold to person who satisfies the BH eligibility.

Kindly share any documents if you think otherwise.
Kindly see this post #787

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post5454764 (New "BH" series registration | For cars getting transferred from one state to another)

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 5th May 2023 at 14:23.
Aviator_guy is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks