Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2023, 19:04   #886

Re: New "BH" series registration | For cars getting transferred from one state to another

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishan12 View Post
Last weekend got the delivery of my XUV700 AX5 Diesel Auto 7 seater in Pune. Got the BH number. Pretty straight forward process, only 2 additional documents needed apart from the usual docs needed for vehicle registration, which are company ID card copy and form 60 duly stamped and signed from company mentioning the addresses in 4 states and their GST numbers.
The tax for BH calculation in my case was based on the invoice value (Ex showroom price). I sat with the showroom RTO guy, when he selected the BH registration option from the drop down, that's the tax that was displayed on the portal. So there was no contesting it, as it is what the RTO portal calculates. But I guess if someone has the time and means, may be they can contest this and get clarity on it further.
Sharing the tax receipt for the vehicle, the amount, Rs 47,341 matches as per the 14% tax on ex showroom value and further BH formula applied for 2 year tax.
Actually I was at peace after i paid the road tax, however after reading comments about within Maharashtra different RTO processes, would like to contest, if i have proof of road tax paid calculated based on base price(excluding GST and cess)
Old 29th March 2023, 22:49   #887
Senior - BHPian

Re: New "BH" series registration | For cars getting transferred from one state to another

Guys a question, apologies if this was discussed earlier as haven’t been through 60 pages.

Say hypothetically I have a BH registered vehicle bought brand new under the scheme with all proper documents. After 2 years I want to sell it off, what happens then?

I am in Mumbai and the buyer is also in Mumbai but he doesn’t have the necessary paperwork to use a BH registration. Does the buyer have to pay the difference in registration charges as applicable in Mumbai for a private buyer and does he get to keep the BH number or the vehicle gets re-registered and he is issued a new number.

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th March 2023, 23:06   #888
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_D_S_7 View Post
Actually I was at peace after i paid the road tax, however after reading comments about within Maharashtra different RTO processes, would like to contest, if i have proof of road tax paid calculated based on base price(excluding GST and cess)
One of our forum member Ashwin got it done in Mumbai. He has detailed the complete process in his post. You can refer to that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
I got our XUV7OO purchase in Bangalore but registered under BH series in Mumbai because of our state's greedy politics.
NOTE: BH series road tax is calculated based on invoice amount without GST.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
Say hypothetically I have a BH registered vehicle bought brand new under the scheme with all proper documents. After 2 years I want to sell it off, what happens then?

I am in Mumbai and the buyer is also in Mumbai but he doesn’t have the necessary paperwork to use a BH registration. Does the buyer have to pay the difference in registration charges as applicable in Mumbai for a private buyer and does he get to keep the BH number or the vehicle gets re-registered and he is issued a new number.

Cheers
According to the MoRTH notification, If the buyer is not BH eligible, then the car needs to get re-registered under normal MH registration at the time of sale.
UltraViolence is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2023, 10:53   #889
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_D_S_7 View Post
I recently bought Taigun TL AT in BLR and the BH series tax was calculated on the invoice price, which is the base price of the vehicle excluding CGST, SGST and cess. Hence, the BH tax for 2 years was calculated on ₹11,83,379/- against the ex showroom price of ₹16,04,900/-. BH series GOI circular is very clear that the tax has to be calculated on invoice price and not the ex showroom price.
Attached Thumbnails
New "BH" series registration | For cars getting transferred from one state to another-d786a689a96d4ccd9c051a447db7e431.jpeg  

Last edited by MDED : 2nd April 2023 at 10:55.
MDED is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th April 2023, 13:58   #890

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhijeet080808 View Post
Has anyone being able to take insurance for BH series registration from any online insurance provider (coverfox/policybazaar etc)? No provider seems to able to provide it. In fact, coverfox recommended taking it from the dealer itself!
Facing this issue looking for policy renewal after 1 year, had taken from policybazaar, insurer: United India last year when bought new. Had the registration done for BH afterwards.

Policybazaar is now saying to get directly from insurers, bh is not available.
Old 6th April 2023, 17:34   #891
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDED View Post
I recently bought Taigun TL AT in BLR and the BH series tax was calculated on the invoice price, which is the base price of the vehicle excluding CGST, SGST and cess. Hence, the BH tax for 2 years was calculated on ₹11,83,379/- against the ex showroom price of ₹16,04,900/-. BH series GOI circular is very clear that the tax has to be calculated on invoice price and not the ex showroom price.

Do you work in the public sector?
If not, could you please provide information on how to obtain a BH series number in Bangalore and the required documents
dijkstraind is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th April 2023, 08:24   #892
BHPian

I checked with my dealer as we are in the process of getting a new car. It seems you still cannot register a private car with the BH registration as the order has not been implemented

Could anyone please advice on this and how to go about it? My work place requirements fit the bill for eligibility of BH.
Old 7th April 2023, 14:44   #893
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand Tourer View Post
I checked with my dealer as we are in the process of getting a new car. It seems you still cannot register a private car with the BH registration as the order has not been implemented

Could anyone please advice on this and how to go about it? My work place requirements fit the bill for eligibility of BH.
The matter is sub judice(refer: this thread). The only option is to buy(and register) the car from some other state like Maharastra, Orissa... and then bring it to karnataka.
Old 8th April 2023, 00:28   #894
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dijkstraind View Post
The matter is sub judice(refer: this thread). The only option is to buy(and register) the car from some other state like Maharastra, Orissa... and then bring it to karnataka.
Thanks for the update. I didn't see this post. This is helpful. Hopefully this gets sorted out soon
Old 14th April 2023, 03:52   #895
BHPian

Hello all,

Does anyone got a BH registered petrol car and converted to CNG with RC endorsement? Pls share your experience. I am planning to purchase S Presso AT in coming weeks.

TIA
Old 14th April 2023, 06:14   #896
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraViolence View Post

According to the MoRTH notification, If the buyer is not BH eligible, then the car needs to get re-registered under normal MH registration at the time of sale.
Sorry just to get further clarity, so lets say I’ve paid (in MH) the two year instalments of BH twice and the vehicle is now 5 years old. At this point, when I sell it to the 2nd owner who is BH ineligible, how do they calculate the quantum of tax that he would have to pay in MH, assuming he is MH based?

In an alternate scenario, if he is from another state, what would the amount be in that other state (assuming again he is BH ineligible). Would the fresh registration fees be needed to be paid in the new buyer state and how would it be calculated please?

Thanks.
Old 14th April 2023, 09:02   #897
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Sorry just to get further clarity, so lets say I’ve paid (in MH) the two year instalments of BH twice and the vehicle is now 5 years old. At this point, when I sell it to the 2nd owner who is BH ineligible, how do they calculate the quantum of tax that he would have to pay in MH, assuming he is MH based?

In an alternate scenario, if he is from another state, what would the amount be in that other state (assuming again he is BH ineligible). Would the fresh registration fees be needed to be paid in the new buyer state and how would it be calculated please?

Thanks.
For the both of the above scenarios the prevailing taxation rate of the state would be applicable. Best to approach the city RTO to get the final road tax amount and confirmation if the registration charges would be applicable.

Have attached the notification from Morth which details your query for the wider community.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Draft Amendment to BH Series Registration Mark Rules.pdf (1.23 MB, 325 views)
ghodlur is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th April 2023, 09:31   #898
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
For the both of the above scenarios the prevailing taxation rate of the state would be applicable. Best to approach the city RTO to get the final road tax amount and confirmation if the registration charges would be applicable.

Have attached the notification from Morth which details your query for the wider community.
Typical Indian bureaucracy - first make a rule to simplify things and then do 1000 amendments to make it useless to anyone.
novice is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2023, 15:30   #899
BHPian

It seems that even after several months, banks and insurance companies are still confused about the BH registration process, with many vehicles being registered under BH.

As we too have resorted to native state to obtain a BH number, this is causing issues with loan applications and insurance companies. One insurer has demanded a premium of 2.5 lakh for a car priced at 18 lakh ex-showroom as if they're insuring a spaceship or something , while one bank requires a fixed deposit of XX lakh to obtain a loan for BH registration from another state (because of TR and then BH ) .

The documentation required is extensive, and it seems they want almost all the documents except for hospital bills.

Overall, it's just one big comedy show watching these companies try to navigate the BH registration process.
KumarS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2023, 18:56   #900
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KumarS View Post
Overall, it's just one big comedy show watching these companies try to navigate the BH registration process.
Thankfully in MH that is not the case.
I just had to get Form 60 from my employer, which took 2 days.
Rest the process was identical to normal MH registration from customer's perspective.
I even got number in 3 days post payment of road tax.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks