Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2023, 19:00   #856
Senior - BHPian

Re: New "BH" series registration | For cars getting transferred from one state to another

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeTee TSI View Post
The intent of this BH registration options seems to be facilitating easy movement from state to state in the event of job related relocations. Strangely, I did not see this being the most common reason for opting BH. Rather, the discussions largely revolve around lower upfront payment and/or staggered payment of road tax and the resulting savings. Given the steep differential I am concerned about misuse of the facility.
If there is a loophole and you can exploit it, why not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by banana View Post
As of today, this is clearly applicable for EVs. The base tax rate will be 2% less than the petrol siblings. Some states are promoting EVs by not asking for any road tax, some even make the filing process free. So a person going for BH registration for an EV is clearly paying non-zero amount as road tax, while a person going for state registration maybe paying just the filing charge (at max) in some of the states and may even save that amount in some other states. Another question is, what happens if a person goes for BH registration for an EV in a state which has additional rebate on EV purchase, say MH, does the owner get all the subsidies or can the state simply say no.
I purchased an EV about a year ago and paid zero tax on it. Opting for BH Series would be more expensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samrat View Post
You are absolutely correct in your understanding. See a BH registration is useful only if
1) you have a transferable job and have to change states multiple times over the lifetime of your car.
2) If you find that the normal tax is much higher than BH registration (For eg. Karnataka)

If either of these do not apply to you, then it makes no sense to go for BH registration as such.
Also if you are buying a very expensive car and plan to sell it well before 15 years, it makes sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkponders View Post
We were trying to get a BH number plate from Goa. Both wife and I work for same company and she has a local address proof to buy from Goa. We got our letter from company of it present in more than 4 states but were denied because the company does not have a branch in Goa. Very disappointed !

Anyone faced similar asks when trying to get from their origin states and not where they work.
I'm a seafarer. So technically I don't work in India. However my company has offices in several cities in India (more than 4). Now as per the rules you just need to be working in a company that has offices in more than 4 states in India. That's one problem taken care of.
The next problem is of address proof. I only have proof of address in Goa and my company doesn't have an office here in Goa. The nearest office is in Mumbai. Though I don't have an address, I should be able to get a temporary address there. My question is does the vehicle have to be registered in the city of the company office or anywhere in that state. Asking this as the Goa dealer (BMW) also has a branch in Pune. That will make it easy since I can get a temporary address in Pune and let the dealer handle the registration and then send the car down to the Goa dealership so I can take delivery here.
Old 5th February 2023, 01:55   #857
BHPian

Re: New "BH" series registration | For cars getting transferred from one state to another

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepCarLover View Post
Hi, I am buying a new car and going for BH series registration. However, the sales rep is saying the process is manual and going to take 4-5 days. So, I am thinking of taking charge of things here and getting the registration done by myself. I have all the documents in place. Could you please tell me how much time did it take to get the registration number after you submitted the documents to the RTO officer?
Dealer told me too that it will take 3 to 4 days but it surely wasn't the case with me. I initially booked at Dealer A who told me it would take 3 to 4 days while the second dealer where I got the delivery from, dealer B, said no such thing. I submitted all documents and payments by 6th Sep, 2022 and the dealer applied for registration on 7th Sep night (I was there when they were processing registration on Vaahan portal). I immediately received a text message confirming submission for registration. By 8th Sep night I had received the text message with my BH registration number from Vaahan (dealer person submitted all the documents to RTO in the morning) and finally took delivery on my original intended date of 9th September.
tp_dominator is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th February 2023, 13:23   #858
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrolourenco View Post
My question is does the vehicle have to be registered in the city of the company office or anywhere in that state. Asking this as the Goa dealer (BMW) also has a branch in Pune. That will make it easy since I can get a temporary address in Pune and let the dealer handle the registration and then send the car down to the Goa dealership so I can take delivery here.
I think the rules say that one can get a BH number from a place that has one's office or home (either one is fine). And the company should have offices in at least 4 states. This means you may be in a state where your company has no office.

My friend, who works in Karnataka got his BH no. from Delhi (he has a home/Aadhaar there) although his company doesn't have any office there, while having presence in multiple states in India
JKBKS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2023, 14:18   #859
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKBKS View Post
I think the rules say that one can get a BH number from a place that has one's office or home (either one is fine). And the company should have offices in at least 4 states. This means you may be in a state where your company has no office.
I'm little confused. Shouldn't employee be either currently employed in the state of registration or be the resident (some local proof). Otherwise how BH registration is justified when neither the employee is living in that state nor the employer has office in it. Just trying to understand better.

Last edited by Aditya : 7th February 2023 at 05:07. Reason: Note to mods deleted
Old 5th February 2023, 14:49   #860
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
I'm little confused. Shouldn't employee be either currently employed in the state of registration or be the resident (some local proof). Otherwise how BH registration is justified when neither the employee is living in that state nor the employer has office in it. Just trying to understand better.
One shouldn't forget many people are working from home these days too. If they buy a car when working from home they will have to register at local RTO. And if later on they relocate to their place of work then they will have to register the car there again.

I think that's why this flexibility of registering at your place of residence is given for people working for large MNCs so one need not pay road tax twice!!

Last edited by Aditya : 7th February 2023 at 05:08. Reason: Quoted text edited
Old 5th February 2023, 14:58   #861
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
One shouldn't forget many people are working from home these days too. If they buy a car when working from home they will have to register at local RTO. And if later on they relocate to their place of work then they will have to register the car there again.

I think that's why this flexibility of registering at your place of residence is given for people working for large MNCs so one need not pay road tax twice!!
I agree with you. I misunderstood your previous comment and hence please ignore my comment. I was under impression that you meant that an employee can register anywhere in the country (whichever state has BH facility) even if he doesn't live there and employer also doesn't have office there.
Old 5th February 2023, 15:15   #862
BANNED

Quote:
My friend, who works in Karnataka got his BH no. from Delhi (he has a home/Aadhaar there) although his company doesn't have any office there, while having presence in multiple states in India
Did he buy car from Karnataka or Delhi?
Old 6th February 2023, 00:26   #863
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbansal View Post
Did he buy car from Karnataka or Delhi?
Delhi and then got it shipped thru APML guys
Old 6th February 2023, 20:19   #864
BANNED

Quote:
Delhi and then got it shipped thru APML guys
Did he submit Form 33 in Karnataka?
Refer: Point 6 on last page of the notification(https://static.pib.gov.in/WriteReadD...c202182801.pdf)
Old 7th February 2023, 17:22   #865
BANNED

I have Delhi address on my Aadhar and I want to get BH number. My company has offices in Karnataka, Maharashtra, Haryana, Telangana. Can I apply for BH number? One RTO agent told me that Delhi number is a must for BH registration, is it correct?

Last edited by vb-saan : 7th February 2023 at 18:44. Reason: Please check and remove any formatting tags if copied from an external editor (e.g., MS-Word)
Old 7th February 2023, 20:02   #866
BHPian

Quote:
Did he submit Form 33 in Karnataka?
Refer: Point 6 on last page of the notification(https://static.pib.gov.in/WriteReadD...c202182801.pdf)
No idea...

Quote:
I have Delhi address on my Aadhar and I want to get BH number. My company has offices in Karnataka, Maharashtra, Haryana, Telangana. Can I apply for BH number? One RTO agent told me that Delhi number is a must for BH registration, is it correct?
I think if you a have Delhi Aadhaar and Form 60 on company letterhead or with a company seal/sign then you should be good.

If you are buying the car from Delhi then the dealer will take care of BH registration. Just give him these 2 docs. No need to engage external agents. But if buying from outside Delhi then you need to engage an agent and also drive the car to the BH registering authority in Delhi.
Old 7th February 2023, 20:04   #867
BANNED

Quote:
Correction:
I have Delhi address on my Aadhar and I want to get BH number. My company has offices in Karnataka, Maharashtra, Haryana, Telangana.
One RTO agent told me that Delhi office address and GST number is a must for BH registration, is it correct?
Old 7th February 2023, 21:04   #868
BHPian

Quote:
Correction:
I have Delhi address on my Aadhar and I want to get BH number. My company has offices in Karnataka, Maharashtra, Haryana, Telangana.
One RTO agent told me that Delhi office address and GST number is a must for BH registration, is it correct?
I don't think having an office is a requirement. It's either place of work or place of residence! My friend doesnt have office in Delhi and he still got it from RTO, Dwarka.

I would talk to the car dealer's registration guy instead of wasting time with RTO agents..
Old 27th February 2023, 23:48   #869
Senior - BHPian

Came across this interesting piece of news. Seems one can opt for BH registration in Rajasthan with retrospective effect. Hope other states follow.

Source:
Old vehicles can be registered under BH series in Rajasthan
https://auto.economictimes.indiatime...sthan/98263332
- shared via ETAuto App:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...?id=com.etauto
Old 8th March 2023, 13:31   #870
Senior - BHPian

Anybody from Bangalore working in private sector was able to get BH series on their newly purchased car? If yes, what was the procedure and how much was the cost for 2 years?

Thanks in Advance!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks