Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2023, 11:04   #826
BHPian

Re: New "BH" series registration | For cars getting transferred from one state to another

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
I hope you have accounted for the govt guidelines during renewal every 2 years and conditions at the time of resale. State govt are trying every trick in the books to discourage pvt sector employees.
If I recall correctly, owner has to continue to satisfy BH eligibility during renewal else would have to convert to regular number and pay the difference amount. For pvt company employees like us who may be switching jobs, it may be a task to address this thing every two years.
At the time of resale, buyer has to be eligible for BH registration that means the resale opportunity might be limited to certain individuals only.
Can you please share any official document stating all this?
I got BH registered car last week.
If all this is true, I will have to switch back to regular number at the time of next renewal.
Old 12th January 2023, 12:02   #827
BHPian

Re: New "BH" series registration | For cars getting transferred from one state to another

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbansal View Post
My major concerns are the risk of damage during transport and transport cost.
My friend got his car moved in May and I last month, from Delhi. We used APML (original Agarwal guys) and both cars came in fine.

Driving down is riskier, more exhaustive and expensive and will at least take 3 days. APML will deliver within 7 days of loading the car.
Old 12th January 2023, 12:24   #828
BHPian

Hi, anyone here got the BH registration done in Mumbai for Thar? Are RTOs in Mumbai taking registration tax on Ex-Showroom or Ex-showroom plus GST and Cess?
Can anyone help in this regard?
Old 12th January 2023, 12:30   #829
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokesharo View Post

If all this is true, I will have to switch back to regular number at the time of next renewal.
This is part of the amendment to the BH series registration rules which came out in December 2022. You can read more about it here
Old 12th January 2023, 12:30   #830
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokesharo View Post
I got BH registered car last week.
See this post in this thread.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post5454764 (New "BH" series registration | For cars getting transferred from one state to another)
Aviator_guy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2023, 18:55   #831
BHPian

Has anyone registered in Chennai? I tried at the time of purchase in Mar 22 and the showroom said TN RTOs aren't cooperative. Unless some one is a central government employee, they don't accept. And ended with regular registration.
srkriz26 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2023, 15:22   #832
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKBKS View Post
A friend bought his new car from a Gurgaon dealer (in Haryana). The dealer got an online 1 month temp registration (from Gurgaon RTO) for the car to go out of the showroom. Rs.300 was paid as the temp registration fee online i think.

After that the dealer took the car to Dwarka RTO (in Delhi) for BH registration since my friend had a Delhi residence address and he got the BH number plate after paying the BH road tax online.

So this is legally doable and working as well.

Is it mandatory to take the car to RTO for BH registration?
I live in karnataka and want to buy a car and have BH series number but karnataka govt is not issuing BH series numbers to private sector employees. So, I am thinking about buying a car in Bangalore with temp registration and registering it in Delhi as I have Delhi's address on my adhar card. I don't want to drive thousands of km or take the help of a packer and mover because of the risk of damage to the new car.

Quote:
To provide further ease of life to citizen, amendment in rule 48 has been proposed to provide flexibility to submit application for BH series either at the place of residence or place of work.
Reference: https://pib.gov.in/PressReleaseIfram...x?PRID=1883991

Does this mean I can register the vehicle in work city or hometown?
Say, I work in Bangalore and my home town is Delhi, can I buy car from Bangalore and register it in Delhi?

Last edited by Aditya : 31st January 2023 at 06:16. Reason: Back to back posts merged
Old 16th January 2023, 17:30   #833
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srkriz26 View Post
Has anyone registered in Chennai? I tried at the time of purchase in Mar 22 and the showroom said TN RTOs aren't cooperative. Unless some one is a central government employee, they don't accept. And ended with regular registration.
Can't do. Period.
Even if you are CG employee it is flat NO from RTO.
I tried in June and subsequently went to Mumbai to get it done there.
Capri89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2023, 18:45   #834
BHPian

Quote:
I live in karnataka and want to buy a car and have BH series number but karnataka govt is not issuing BH series numbers to private sector employees. So, I am thinking about buying a car in Bangalore with temp registration and registering it in Delhi as I have Delhi's address on my adhar card. I don't want to drive thousands of km or take the help of a packer and mover because of the risk of damage to the new car.
RTO will verify the vehicle physically so the car needs to be there!! I would have done the same were BH number given on the basis of a file from dealer
JKBKS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2023, 17:26   #835
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Was the dealer clear on this? Did the registration happen without GST or with GST?
When I got the BH registration for my vehicle, I fought a lot with the dealer for the same and dealer didnt budge as according to him he checked the same with local RTO and was advised to do the registration for the invoice with GST.

I got BH registration in Odisha. It was based on invoice price (including GST).
I raised it on mparivahan portal as well who said to go talk to local RTO. Local RTO has said that it will be on invoice price only.

Quote:
Reference: https://pib.gov.in/PressReleaseIfram...x?PRID=1883991

Does this mean I can register the vehicle in work city or hometown?
Say, I work in Bangalore and my home town is Delhi, can I buy car from Bangalore and register it in Delhi?

Quote:
You need to have an address proof of the place where you want to register. The RTO does not check the car physically since my car never even left the showroom prior to registration. However, my registration was done by the dealer himself and I didn't have to do much for it. I believe that buying in Bangalore and registering in Delhi is possible since a different dealer had told me to get a car from my hometown and then register it wherever I want it to be registered. That was for normal registration though.
Samrat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2023, 17:29   #836
BHPian

Guys, It has been 1.5 years almost since BH series was introduced. By this time there must have been quite a few people who
1) Got the pollution check done for their vehicle
2) Renewed the OD Insurance of their vehicle after completion of 1 year
3) Some may even have to pay the next series of road tax in a few months.

1) Are the pollution Centres recognising BH since my friend was told that BH is not yet updated in the system

2) OD Insurance renewal for BH vehicles are not possible online. Policybazaar, Kotak Insurance or ICICI have not been able to give me a quote saying that it is not there in their systems online. So do we have to depend on the dealer only for the renewal?

3) Has anyone tried to go through and pay their Road Tax for BH vehicle till date? I tried (even though my vehicle is just below 1 year old) but I was not shown the tax and asked to contact local RTO for the same. If I have to visit the local RTO for Road Tax payment, it defeats the entire purpose of having a BH registration.
Samrat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2023, 18:01   #837
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samrat View Post
You need to have an address proof of the place where you want to register. The RTO does not check the car physically since my car never even left the showroom prior to registration. However, my registration was done by the dealer himself and I didn't have to do much for it. I believe that buying in Bangalore and registering in Delhi is possible since a different dealer had told me to get a car from my hometown and then register it wherever I want it to be registered. That was for normal registration though.
I dont think this is correct and that RTO can issue a number plate without physical checking of the vehicle.

In your case since the car dealer and RTO are in the same city and they work with each other regularly, RTO would have allotted on dealer's face value.
But the moment a dealer is in a different state, RTO will check the vehicle (Chasis/VIN/Engine no.) to be sure.

I spoke to a few agents in Delhi before buying who told me that the car needs to be physically present and the number wont be allotted on the basis of the dealer file only.
JKBKS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2023, 11:39   #838

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoweirdo View Post
Add Maharashtra too in the list, also local address is mandatory.
Hi, I am awaiting the delivery of my car in Pune and have asked the dealer for BH series registration. Apart from the 2 documents that are needed from the organization where I am currently working, what documents do I need for address/identity proof?

My aadhar card has local address (a relative's house address in Pune where I am staying currently), will I still need to provide the rent agreement as the address proof?
Old 24th January 2023, 13:35   #839
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepCarLover View Post
My aadhar card has local address (a relative's house address in Pune where I am staying currently), will I still need to provide the rent agreement as the address proof?
No, Aadhar card should be good enough
Old 25th January 2023, 20:51   #840
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepCarLover View Post
Hi, I am awaiting the delivery of my car in Pune and have asked the dealer for BH series registration. Apart from the 2 documents that are needed from the organization where I am currently working, what documents do I need for address/identity proof?

If Aadhar has local address then I dont think rent agreement is required. I had submitted Form 60, I Card Copy, Employment Proof letter from HR (just additionally provided not mandatory) for BH registration. PAN & Aadhar were already submitted at time of final payment.
autoweirdo is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks