Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2022, 22:38   #811

Re: New "BH" series registration | For cars getting transferred from one state to another

If I have already paid lifetime tax, then how do I get the refund since tax for BH number is paid only for 2 years.
raj10800 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2022, 09:12   #812
BHPian

Re: New "BH" series registration | For cars getting transferred from one state to another

Quote:
Originally Posted by texens View Post
BH registration is 8% of Invoice price with a multiplication factor of 1.25.
Hence, BH registration for 15 years = 640310*(8/100)*1.25
BH registration for 2 years = (2/15)*640310*(8/100)*1.25 = 8537
Thank You for the explanation.
Will let know the SA as well the correct calculation
lokesharo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2023, 15:33   #813
BHPian

Has anyone in KA been able to get their new cars BH registered? I'm especially looking at private sector employees since this is something that many have been waiting for.
Old 1st January 2023, 20:16   #814
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
It is exclusive of GST according to the BH series notification issued by the central government.

Attachment 2391822

Link to the notification - https://static.pib.gov.in/WriteReadD...c202182801.pdf
I missed this reply. I always read it wrong it seems. Welp, my dealer seems to have calculated the tax on the exshowroom and it seems I have overpaid. Any idea if this can be corrected?
Old 2nd January 2023, 18:19   #815
BHPian

What happens in the case of vehicles used for commercial purposes?
In the case of 4-wheelers, a National Permit is available. So does BH registration apply only for private registrations?

And even motorcycles! What about the ones that are given for rental purposes, registered commercially? Could they apply for the BH registration and thereby ply interstate?
Old 3rd January 2023, 14:05   #816

I was trying to get the Form 60 from my company for getting BH registration. For context, my office is in Hyderabad (TS07) and my hometown is Pune (MH14). I'm planning to buy the car in Pune since TS does not provide BH marks as of now.

However, the Form 60 requires it to be written to "The Registering Authority", and I am not clear on what this will be for me. Is it the local RTO? Or is it MoRTH? I could not find any information or a sample filled out form online.
Old 3rd January 2023, 17:28   #817
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oakajale View Post
I was trying to get the Form 60 from my company for getting BH registration. For context, my office is in Hyderabad (TS07) and my hometown is Pune (MH14). I'm planning to buy the car in Pune since TS does not provide BH marks as of now.

However, the Form 60 requires it to be written to "The Registering Authority", and I am not clear on what this will be for me. Is it the local RTO? Or is it MoRTH? I could not find any information or a sample filled out form online.
That's for Pune RTO, in your case. Just leave it as it is. The dealer's agent will take care of it. Get a Form 60 from your HR/Legal with company seal and signature and a address proof of Pune. Also provide a letter of employment on company letterhead & an ID card copy (as an insurance). That should do it

Last edited by JKBKS : 3rd January 2023 at 17:46.
JKBKS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2023, 11:39   #818
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilmonkey View Post
What happens in the case of vehicles used for commercial purposes?
In the case of 4-wheelers, a National Permit is available. So does BH registration apply only for private registrations?

And even motorcycles! What about the ones that are given for rental purposes, registered commercially? Could they apply for the BH registration and thereby ply interstate?
Please read the gazette. This is only for non commercial/non transport vehicles.

https://files.caclub.in/wp-content/u...rules-2021.pdf

Last edited by SILVERWOOD : 4th January 2023 at 11:41.
SILVERWOOD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2023, 13:53   #819
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oakajale View Post
The Registering Authority,
<RTO where BH regn. will be done>

For me, it was MH 03, so the agent asked me to write,
The Registering Authority,
Mumbai East

(Different story that the final working certificate did not have the Mumbai East bit but it still worked)
ashwin.terminat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2023, 19:11   #820
BANNED

I live in Bangalore and want to have a BH Series number for the car I am planning to buy.
Since Karnataka gov doesn't allow private sector employees to register BH Series number, I am considering registering my new car in Delhi. My aadhar card has delhi address.
Is it legal? If yes, what is the process of the same?
Will I have to take my car to Delhi for registration formalities?
Old 11th January 2023, 21:11   #821
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbansal View Post
I live in Bangalore and want to have a BH Series number for the car I am planning to buy.
Since Karnataka gov doesn't allow private sector employees to register BH Series number, I am considering registering my new car in Delhi. My aadhar card has delhi address.
Buy and register in Delhi and drive down to Bangalore, simple. What is the problem.
Old 11th January 2023, 21:29   #822
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capri89 View Post
Buy and register in Delhi and drive down to Bangalore, simple. What is the problem.
My major concerns are the risk of damage during transport and transport cost.
Old 11th January 2023, 22:10   #823
BHPian

Quote:
Why transport? Of course, most transporters will damage your brand-new car in some way or other including the supposedly reputed ones! Yours truly, have burnt his fingers many years back. That is why I simply drove my new BH-registered car from up North to the south (a less BH-friendly state) and made a wonderful road trip out of the process. To avoid driving alone, I hired a reliable driver who accompanied me on the trip to the Southern State.
AMG1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2023, 07:19   #824
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, why transport ?
I too drove down from Mumbai to Chennai my BH regd vehicle. Didn't hire a driver though. My wife and daughter accompanied.

1. If you do hire a driver it is better another male adult from your family joins along.

2. Better still, some BHPians might volunteer to accompany you, either whole or part of the trip. Not a bad idea actually.
Old 12th January 2023, 10:55   #825
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I hope you have accounted for the govt guidelines during renewal every 2 years and conditions at the time of resale. State govt are trying every trick in the books to discourage pvt sector employees.
If I recall correctly, owner has to continue to satisfy BH eligibility during renewal else would have to convert to regular number and pay the difference amount. For pvt company employees like us who may be switching jobs, it may be a task to address this thing every two years.
At the time of resale, buyer has to be eligible for BH registration that means the resale opportunity might be limited to certain individuals only.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 12th January 2023 at 11:00.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks