Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2021, 01:20   #316
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: New "BH" series registration | For cars getting transferred from one state to another

Hey..Hats Off man !! Thank You so much for taking such an initiative and fighting for it, while most of us spent time cribbing on social media.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
Few questions

1. If am an employee of a private concern, how do I prove the organisation has branches in more than 4 states / how do RTO decide on it?

2. If I get transferred to another state in 1 month after paying the tax for 2 years, can I run the car without any problems for the rest 23 months in the new state?

3. If yes, after 23 months, do I need to pay the tax in the current state for the new block of 2 years?

4. What if I change my job to an organisation with branches in less than 4 states, do I need to pay for life tax (minus years of ownership completed) ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
...We will file a PIL in the Karnataka High Court if the Karnataka Govt does not roll out BH registrations in the next 15 days. I have identified lawyers in Chandigarh (for Punjab & Haryana), Allahabad, Madras, Hyderabad, Amravati and Cochin as well. We will approach High Courts in these cities if the respective state governments fail to roll out BH registrations in the next 2 weeks. I will keep you guys updated. Waseem.
Great. I know these cost a lot of money. Do you accept any financial contributions if any of us wish to, considering a whole bunch are getting benefitted from your initiative.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 13th November 2021 at 01:24.
swiftnfurious is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th November 2021, 08:04   #317
BHPian

Re: New "BH" series registration | For cars getting transferred from one state to another

I am looking to buy a 40-50 lakhs car and realised last evening that my company (large listed bank) makes me eligible for BH series. Being from Mumbai, means this is possible as MH is offering BH reg. Read through the thread and have a few queries:
  1. Are there any kind of restrictions on the type of car one can register under BH series (Luxury, CKD, CBU etc)?
  2. The 12% is calculated on invoice price which means pre-gst price. For cars in the 50 lakhs price bracket, the GST is 43% which means invoice price is ex-showroom divided by 1.43. Is this understanding right?
  3. Does dealer only process the BH reg. or individual has to do it? Form 60 from pvt employer should be easy to get.

So for example, if am I looking at BMW 330i, following is the calculation:
  • Ex-showroom = 44,90,000/-
  • Invoice price = 4490000/1.43 = 31,39,860/-
  • First seven instalments of road tax = 3139860 * (12%*1.25*2/15) = 62,797/-
  • Last eight instalment at end of 14 years = 62797/2 = 31,398/-
  • Upfront OTR cost of BMW reduces from about 6,00,000/- to 62,797/-
  • Discounted present value of the 8 payments at 8% discount rate is 3 lakhs compared to upfront 6 lakhs. This means a saving of 3 lakhs on registration charges.

Is this calculation right? Is yes, then this is wonderful.

More importantly, paying 62k after 2,4,6... etc years would increasingly feel like a minor expense assuming growth in income levels. If all this is true, then I would seriously consider buying a BMW instead of Superb that I am considering. Please help. Thanks.
Old 14th November 2021, 23:13   #318
BHPian

Any update from Karnataka?
Old 15th November 2021, 02:55   #319
BHPian

We recently purchased an Activa for someone who is a Central Govt employee.

According to the dealer, the BH series number are not yet available for 2 wheelers.
Old 15th November 2021, 08:04   #320
Senior - BHPian

Any news whether "BH" series have started in Tamil Nadu and West Bengal?
I did ask around but did not get a convincing answer. At least people in TN are aware of it but in W.B. even some underlings in the RTO department seemed to be completely ignorant of the "BH" concept.

Any feedback from people in the know would be welcome.
Old 15th November 2021, 11:15   #321
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manish84 View Post
  1. Are there any kind of restrictions on the type of car one can register under BH series (Luxury, CKD, CBU etc)?
  2. The 12% is calculated on invoice price which means pre-gst price. For cars in the 50 lakhs price bracket, the GST is 43% which means invoice price is ex-showroom divided by 1.43. Is this understanding right?
  3. Does dealer only process the BH reg. or individual has to do it? Form 60 from pvt employer should be easy to get.
If all this is true, then I would seriously consider buying a BMW instead of Superb that I am considering. Please help. Thanks.
1. No such restrictions have been defined. Atleast as of now.

2. Invoice Price = Final Ex-showroom price (including GST+Cess)

3. Dealer has to initiate BH registration process. So, inform the dealer well in advance and clearly (in writing).
AutoNoob is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2021, 12:17   #322
BHPian

Quote:
.............[list=1][*]Are there any kind of restrictions on the type of car one can register under BH series (Luxury, CKD, CBU etc)?
======
More importantly, paying 62k after 2,4,6... etc years would increasingly feel like a minor expense assuming growth in income levels. If all this is true, then I would seriously consider buying a BMW instead of Superb that I am considering. Please help. Thanks.
As per the notification all new cars are eligible there is no restriction as to the type of manufacturing. The registration charges are supposed to be calculated on the pre GST price as per the portal but in the initial days the same is being calculated on the Ex Showroom price of the vehicles. Further in those states where previously the registration charges were calculated on the pre GST price the same is continuing i.e. Chandigarh. The dealer process the same at the time of applying for registration and the RTO has to approve the same.

For the calculation part in case of Maharashtra they will charge
44,90,000 x (12%*1.25*2/15) = 89,800 per every two years and the installment after that will be = 44,900 (This will be for the initial 15 years)

Of course you can calculate the NPV of the future payout.

Last edited by Jaggu : 15th November 2021 at 12:50. Reason: Trimming quoted post. Thanks.
Luke1972 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th November 2021, 12:22   #323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke1972 View Post
For the calculation part in case of Maharashtra they will charge
44,90,000 x (12%*1.25*2/15) = 89,800 per every two years and the installment after that will be = 44,900 (This will be for the initial 15 years)
  1. Is there any way I can get it done on pre GST price? Checked with multiple dealers and everyone said it would be on ex-showroom only. Why would RTO not follow the notification even if it mean loss of revenue?
  2. Is there any cap in number of BH cars one can have? Can I buy one now and another one again next year? Would RTO object? Would my pvt employer object in giving Form60 again and again?
manish84 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2021, 12:36   #324
BHPian

Quote:
  1. Is there any way I can get it done on pre GST price? Checked with multiple dealers and everyone said it would be on ex-showroom only. Why would RTO not follow the notification even if it mean loss of revenue?
  2. Is there any cap in number of BH cars one can have? Can I buy one now and another one again next year? Would RTO object? Would my pvt employer object in giving Form60 again and again?
At this point, most likely no. Even though central government came up with the guidelines, its up to the individual state governments to decide how it is implemented. As @Luke1972 stated earlier, instructions passed on to the RTOs by the state/UT governments doesn't ask them to calculate the tax on the pre-GST price as of now. So the RTOs would follow the state government notification/instructions and not the central government notification.

There is also some update required in the Vahan portal itself for it to use the pre-GST price, as of now the price is automatically fetched from what the manufacturer has updated which includes GST and there is no option to override it by the dealer.

I don't think there is any cap for the number of vehicles registered under BH series. Regarding getting the form 60 from thee employer, it again depends on the employer. I read in some discussion channel that an employer even denied giving a form 60 citing that for the employee's role, the employer had no intention of re-locating him/her to another state.

Last edited by varkey : 15th November 2021 at 12:37.
varkey is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th November 2021, 12:40   #325
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Hey..Hats Off man !! Thank You so much for taking such an initiative and fighting for it, while most of us spent time cribbing on social media.
=====
Great. I know these cost a lot of money. Do you accept any financial contributions if any of us wish to, considering a whole bunch are getting benefitted from your initiative.
1.There is a format in the GO. You need to get it signed by the employer. As of now, there is no proper verification mechanism in place.
2.The very intent of BH series is to have a trouble free running of vehicle all over India. If I am right with my understanding of GO, we should not face any trouble in new state unless some over enthusiastic cops/govt babus decide to go against the GO.
3.Yes, the tax needs to be paid in the current state for the next 2 years.
4.There is no clarity on this yet, at least for me.

Last edited by Jaggu : 15th November 2021 at 12:50. Reason: Trimming quoted post. Thanks.
sreddyhere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2021, 13:09   #326
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varkey View Post
Regarding getting the form 60 from thee employer, it again depends on the employer. I read in some discussion channel that an employer even denied giving a form 60 citing that for the employee's role, the employer had no intention of re-locating him/her to another state.
Oops, maybe I got over excited on saving the upfront cost. Have sent an email to my HR to know how to get Form 60. My job is definitely not transferrable and would be in head office forever. Awaiting a response from HR but I suspect they would reject the request given their conservatism in being on the right side of law.
manish84 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2021, 13:19   #327
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varkey View Post

I don't think there is any cap for the number of vehicles registered under BH series. Regarding getting the form 60 from thee employer, it again depends on the employer. I read in some discussion channel that an employer even denied giving a form 60 citing that for the employee's role, the employer had no intention of re-locating him/her to another state.
This is very good actually in a way and exactly how it should be else people will take advantage of it due to the low upfront cost. The con being you may change your job to another city and a BH would have been handy but wont be.

The bigger headache will be for RTO and Cops to ensure or check if a car has paid the road tax after 2 years or not.

A question here, so is this only for brand new cars or also for vehicles which are looking to transfer to another state. Like my WB Duster, I wanted to move to Delhi/Noida, so can I opt for BH as well.
Altocumulus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th November 2021, 20:03   #328

I got my Mahindra Thar registered in the BH series on 12 Nov 21 at Pune. The system is active in all RTOs of Maharashtra. Thanks to Unnati motors, Kothrud, the process was quite smooth although my vehicle was apparently the first one to be registered in Pune RTO in the BH series. The staff at RTO was also very helpful in completing the process. BH is registration is completely an online process and quite simple actually if all the documents are submitted as per the government notification.
BH series registration is the right step in many ways and I hope it will be the precursor to ‘ One India, One registration ‘.
watsonjay is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 16th November 2021, 11:46   #329
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I know these cost a lot of money. Do you accept any financial contributions if any of us wish to, considering a whole bunch are getting benefitted from your initiative.
It will be great to support for his deeds at least in funds if not otherwise. We can have a no-shave-november equivalent if not more.
banana is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th November 2021, 12:54   #330
BHPian

Does anyone know how to procure the Form 60? I've tried googling it, but only found PAN card related forms. Is there a format which is available by the dealer or is this something that the pvt company employer provides?
A dealer in Pune sent me a sample form that one his customer got from his company. For personal reasons, I can't approach that dealer again to help answer the questions I've asked above.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks