Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2021, 20:57   #301
BHPian

Re: New "BH" series registration | For cars getting transferred from one state to another

I have a small doubt. The road tax of 2 years which one will have to pay will be dependent on applicable road tax in the particular state or is it uniform across all states? For e.g, if road tax in Punjab for PB registered vehicles is 10% and it is 8% in Chandigarh for CH registered vehicles, will the road tax be calculated based upon which state I use my vehicle in?
Old 8th November 2021, 23:19   #302
BHPian

Re: New "BH" series registration | For cars getting transferred from one state to another

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaviKBobba View Post
Ray of Hope for Karnataka people. This is the response I received today regarding BH series. Looks like they are doing software update so that BH module will show in Vahaan Portal.
The update can take months. There is no communication of date.
Old 9th November 2021, 00:57   #303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaviKBobba View Post
Ray of Hope for Karnataka people. This is the response I received today regarding BH series. Looks like they are doing software update so that BH module will show in Vahaan Portal.
This was the same information given earlier also, looks like a nice way to push this further.
hemanthbs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2021, 14:24   #304
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasjotbains View Post
I have a small doubt. The road tax of 2 years which one will have to pay will be dependent on applicable road tax in the particular state or is it uniform across all states? For e.g, if road tax in Punjab for PB registered vehicles is 10% and it is 8% in Chandigarh for CH registered vehicles, will the road tax be calculated based upon which state I use my vehicle in?
Road tax will be calculated on the invoice value.

Road tax calculation under BH series vehicle registration:
Invoice Price of vehicle Motor Vehicle Tax (% of Invoice Price)
Below Rs. 10 Lakh-8 %
Rs. 10 Lakh to 20 Lakh-10 %
Above Rs. 20 Lakh-12 %

Motor vehicle tax calculation or formula for BH-series registration for 2 years = Motor vehicle tax as per Invoice price of vehicle x 1.25 x 2 / 15

Last edited by SILVERWOOD : 9th November 2021 at 14:26.
SILVERWOOD is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th November 2021, 19:29   #305
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoNoob View Post
Why can't motor vehicle department / RTOs process the renewals/ extensions, why wait for availability of physical cards ?

The data will get updated on mParivahan app. It can be shown when asked by traffic police.

I sold my vehicle last month. The transfer documentation was promptly done. Name of new owner was updated within 3~4 days and same was visible in mParivahan app. Though physical RC card is still awaited.
I'm pretty sure that people of BLR will be easily able to use mParivahan.

Similar thing happened in MH when I wanted to buy a vehicle, they were either switching agencies or something. They were not able to provide smartcards after registration. For a new vehicle this should not be a problem as you can show the road tax receipt (in the name of the owner) which also has the vehicle number. Not sure what the document should be in case of transfer of ownership, but there will be one for sure. Anyways, as soon as the records are updated online, end user should be able to either sync the mParivahan document, or delete the old one and download the fresh one. This should be a non issue in today's context.

Unfortunately this is happening again and the coincidence is that I'm eagerly waiting for this scheme to roll out so that I can buy a new vehicle.

I guess, people will start blaming me for this now. I carry my own bad luck .

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanthbs View Post
This was the same information given earlier also, looks like a nice way to push this further.
You just saved me from feeling happy for no reason
banana is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2021, 03:07   #306
BHPian

I'm about to buy a Polo whose ex-showroom price is INR 9,75,000. Is this the invoice price excluding GST? The on-road price comes to around INR 11,77,298 which includes insurance and registration (assuming the normal MH- series registration), handling charges, extended warranty and standard accessories.

Or is the invoice price 9,75,000 - X% GST?
Old 10th November 2021, 06:41   #307
BHPian

I have a question - can I convert my existing registration to BH series (if I satisfy the criteria)?
Old 10th November 2021, 08:50   #308
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by throttleflick View Post
...Or is the invoice price 9,75,000 - X% GST?
No the ex-showroom price is inclusive of GST. In vehicles there is an GST rate varies as per length, engine capacity and fuel type. As polo is a hatchback within 4m, petrol and engine size below 1l, I think the GST would be 18% and cess 1% would apply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptarchy View Post
I have a question - can I convert my existing registration to BH series (if I satisfy the criteria)?
The notification categorically states that the same is applicable on New cars only.
Luke1972 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th November 2021, 11:58   #309
BHPian

There is no news on BH implementation in Telangana. I have sent multiple queries to RTA and Transport minister but no response from anyone of them. Telangana's RTA portal was not integrated with Parivahan yet. Does anyone has information on this?
Old 12th November 2021, 13:33   #310
BHPian

Received a call just a few mins ago from a sales guy in BLR

"We'll get information by Dec 20, if we get information sooner, I'll update you sooner"

Not sure if this helps anyone else, please share you have more information/updates
banana is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2021, 17:55   #311
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by throttleflick View Post
I'm about to buy a Polo whose ex-showroom price is INR 9,75,000. Is this the invoice price excluding GST? The on-road price comes to around INR 11,77,298 which includes insurance and registration (assuming the normal MH- series registration), handling charges, extended warranty and standard accessories.

Or is the invoice price 9,75,000 - X% GST?
Your 9.75 ex Showroom is inclusive of GST and any other cess and 1% TDS.

Remaining 1.98 goes towards, Registration, Lifetime (or whatever is applicable there) tax, Number Plate, Handling charges (that's another debate) and Insurance for 1st year (and maybe Third party for 3 years)
nareshtrao is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2021, 20:09   #312

I have an Altroz booked at Kropex motors, Sarjapur Road, and per them there are no updates for Bangalore. The SE even went to the extent of saying that BH is not getting implemented anytime soon in Bangalore. KHT motors of Whitefield also had a similar response.
arghadeep13 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th November 2021, 21:18   #313
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arghadeep13 View Post
I have an Altroz booked at Kropex motors, Sarjapur Road, and per them there are no updates for Bangalore. The SE even went to the extent of saying that BH is not getting implemented anytime soon in Bangalore. KHT motors of Whitefield also had a similar response.
SE from other outlet of Kropex said about Dec 20. KHT Brookfield did not give me any false hopes. SE from KHT Domlur said (about 2 months back) "you can book the vehicle with us, you'll get BH when it is available"

Situation is a lot better than MH, I called up a few outlets in Pune, they have no idea about it whereas people in Mumbai are getting BH plates.
Old 12th November 2021, 21:23   #314
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arghadeep13 View Post
BH is not getting implemented anytime soon in Bangalore.
The latest update is the file is still with the finance dept., where is has been for almost a month now. Not sure if this will get cleared in the near future.
Old 13th November 2021, 00:06   #315
BHPian

Latest update that I could get for Uttarakhand is that the new software/changes to existing one for the allotment of BH series registration numbers has been successfully tested and the report for the same has been sent to the concerned state department for approval and implementation that can take upto 10 days more.

This information was given by the RTO office in Dehradun.
Mr.U is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks