Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2022, 10:05   #106
BHPian

re: Honda City Hybrid | Unveiled on 14th April 2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseltuned View Post
I was on the cusp of booking the ZX MT this week, but this news hit out of the blue and I feel now that I should wait it out for the Hybrid. what do you folks think ?
I would suggest you to wait for the Hybrid. It will have all the features of ZX MT + Honda Sensing (most probably). And going by the rumors, claimed fuel efficiency of 25+ KMPL is a huge plus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbm View Post
For these conditions, is a normal IC engine more suitable as it avoids the complexity of Hybrid and battery replacement cost?
I would buy the car thinking about possibility of increased traffic on the roads and the increased fuel efficiency. Regarding battery replacement cost, I am sure that for atleast 5 years, it will be covered under warranty.
Dhillon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2022, 10:14   #107
BHPian

This is a fantastic move and kudos to Honda for launching a proper Hybrid. While the EV infra will take another 5-7 years to build out efficiently, the government's unabated looting on fuel prices is going to make customers desperate for a cheaper alternative. Hopefully this will be the beginning of efficient hybrids across segments.
RoadTrippin is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th March 2022, 10:30   #108
BHPian

Awesome move by Honda. I have a 2004 Honda City GXi and it is still going strong. I look forward to visiting the Honda showroom in the near future and test drive a proper hybrid. I hope the pricing is acceptable. Looking forward to seeing the revival of Honda in India!
kushagra452 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2022, 10:47   #109
BHPian

Excited for the hybrid! I hope they launch a crossover with hybrid tech ASAP. Current offerings in the sub 25l range just don't do it for me.
sid3091 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2022, 11:27   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid3091 View Post
Excited for the hybrid! I hope they launch a crossover with hybrid tech ASAP. Current offerings in the sub 25l range just don't do it for me.
It’s all Wishful thinking! I was praying that Honda launches something in Compass category, right now we don’t have any competition to Compass.

Would love to have proper Hybrid in crossover and see the sales on fire 🔥!

Given the negative news that got everyone’s attention about Honda packing up this is now the damage control mode with Hybrid Honda city launch.

Hope they don’t stop with this for FY22. Expecting more to come now!
Old 30th March 2022, 11:37   #111
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpkeerthi View Post
Horrible? Yes! but it is not an iVTECH.
It is very much an iVTEC, brother. The engine runs on the more efficient Atkinson cycle instead of the usual Otto cycle, but it deploys Honda’s proprietary variable valve timing tech that we call iVTEC.
Shreyans_Jain is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th March 2022, 12:17   #112
BHPian

Looking at the Prius, Camry and Civic hybrids in India, I really doubt that pricing will be 10-20% OTR over regular petrol City. Plus given this is Honda, I wouldn't be surprised if they launch it at an absurd price like 25+ Lakh OTR. I'd be happy to be proven wrong though.
CoffeeBeans is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 30th March 2022, 12:20   #113
BHPian

This is the kind of news an existing Honda customer or a potential one wants to hear/read. Reassures that Honda is still in it and means business when the rumours about shutting shop and news about VRS etc., are the only things in discussion regarding the brand. Personally I don't have doubts about the product it delivers but only the lack of it compared to the international market. I hope it follows up with the HR-V but I don't see it happening. A CSUV would have been the right one to follow the ICE City; which again I think Honda missed (or didn't mind) considering our crossover crazy market.

Fingers crossed the pricing would be right although I don't know what's the right price anymore considering our ridiculous taxes.
cule1899_bhp is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th March 2022, 12:20   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
- Also expected to command a ₹ 2 lakh-2.5 lakh premium over the petrol sedan.( ~INR 18 lakhs ex-showroom?)
https://www.overdrive.in/news-cars-a...a-on-april-14/
As per Overdrive the hike should be around 1 to 1.5 lakhs. That would be sweet !!!

Regards
Dev
irdevanand is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th March 2022, 14:10   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
It is very much an iVTEC, brother. .
Well, then the noise is too horrible for an iVTEC
Old 30th March 2022, 15:03   #116
Senior - BHPian

Honda will launch the City Hybrid and it will be based on the 5th generation City that's already on sale here, and will have:

- Integrated starter generator
- Can run on petrol, hybrid, and electric-only
- 98hp, 127Nm, 1.5-litre NA petrol with Atkinson Cycle petrol engine.
- 109hp, 253Nm electric motor sending drive to the front wheels via a bespoke gearbox with a single, fixed-gear ratio.

Looks like a proper hybrid powertrain.
RM Motorsports is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th March 2022, 15:12   #117
Senior - BHPian

By any chance the electric motors embedded or attached directly to the wheels of the car? In such a case wouldn't driving through mildly flooded waters which are a common in India during the rains cause issues with the electrical system. I am not talking about deep flooding but at times we do have to drive across shallow streams (I live in Mumbai ) which could cause damage to the electrical components if they are closer to the lower body of the car.
Old 30th March 2022, 15:15   #118
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
By any chance the electric motors embedded or attached directly to the wheels of the car? In such a case wouldn't driving through mildly flooded waters which are a common in India during the rains cause issues with the electrical system. I am not talking about deep flooding but at times we do have to drive across shallow streams (I live in Mumbai ) which could cause damage to the electrical components if they are closer to the lower body of the car.
The motor is attached to the engine, where the traditional gearbox usually sits. The car's water wading ability should be as good or as bad as a regular City.

Regardless, anyone living in a flood prone city should always take flooding/engine protection add on cover with their insurance.

Last edited by Shreyans_Jain : 30th March 2022 at 15:17.
Shreyans_Jain is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 30th March 2022, 15:24   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhillon View Post
I would suggest you to wait for the Hybrid. It will have all the features of ZX MT + Honda Sensing (most probably). And going by the rumors, claimed fuel efficiency of 25+ KMPL is a huge plus.
I spoke with my SA and have put the ZX MT deal on hold and will wait for the Hybrid.

If Honda offers it in darker shades and blackened grill it will be an added plus.

I have asked the SA to call back as soon as he has the car in showroom.

My personal opinion that it would be costing around 19 - 20 L in Mumbai OTR in line with Slavia's 1.5 DSG but with added advantage of a hybrid + Honda sense.

Regards
Dieseltuned
Dieseltuned is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th March 2022, 16:57   #120
BHPian

I have always maintained that hybrids ought to have been here in the mass market before the EVs, the CNG variants and the puny turbos. Thank god the Japs have finally seen the (energy saving) light at the end of the tunnel and decided to bless us with this technology. I don't know if it was the new emission norms or the crazy fuel prices but I sure am not complaining.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
The Civic Hybrid was also once present in our market. It was a dud. I hope Honda has learnt it's lesson and prices the City appropriately. I believe it will start on road min 18 to 20 L which moves it dangerously into the D segment territory, a segment which is almost non existent.
I really hope they remember the DMart sale they had to clear stock. God has it been more than a decade since! Still remember reading the Bombay Times supplement about the Civic being sold at a new price of "only" 13 L and change. Things have changed now in many ways making the customer's need for a hybrid a lot more pressing than back then.
Iyencar is offline   (6) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks