Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2021, 16:01   #31
BHPian

Re: Sarathi Driving Licence services completely online | How to guide

I also recently used this service to renew the DL for my dad, I filled out all the details online, and uploaded documents like Photo, signature, Doctor's medical certificate to the portal. Payment was completed online and DL was processed very quickly.
Within a week of submitting all documents, we had the DL in our hand. Even the shipment details for Speedpost were shared for tracking!

Super convenient and simple process, much appreciated!
Good riddance to the 'agents' hanging around RTOs.
DuHasstMich is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2021, 20:51   #32
BHPian

I am trying to make the payment but it’s not allowing me to. Tried thrice, same message. Am I doing something wrong?Sarathi Driving Licence services completely online | How to guide-2977b59aed224928b07abfc9e6ec9cc3.jpeg
Old 12th August 2021, 20:59   #33
Vmv
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSuri View Post
I am trying to make the payment but it’s not allowing me to. Tried thrice, same message. Am I doing something wrong?Attachment 2192278
Had same issue, assume that is server error.
Or try on your phone, please use chrome browser both in phone & computer.

I was able to complete the payment at night using my phone.
Old 12th August 2021, 21:01   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vmv View Post
Had same issue, assume that is server error.
Or try on your phone, please use chrome browser both in phone & computer.

I was able to complete the payment at night using my phone.
Thanks brother. Let me try from my phone.
SuperSuri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2021, 07:29   #35
BHPian

I recently did my DL (Kerala) renewal via Sarathi portal. I didn't had to visit RTO but an eye test certificate from a doctor is mandatory. Another hassle was that the attachment sizes supported are small (20kb for your photo for example) which required me to do some tweaking. Renewed license arrived within a week via speed post. All in all I am quite happy that I could get the whole process done without having to stand in queues during these times.
IndieGooner is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 13th August 2021, 08:26   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndieGooner View Post
I recently did my DL (Kerala) renewal via Sarathi portal. I didn't had to visit RTO but an eye test certificate from a doctor is mandatory. Another hassle was that the attachment sizes supported are small (20kb for your photo for example) which required me to do some tweaking. Renewed license arrived within a week via speed post. All in all I am quite happy that I could get the whole process done without having to stand in queues during these times.
May I know your age, please? I wanted to get my father's driving license renewed who recently turned 60, I submitted all the documents including medical certificate, but the site now wants me to book an appointment which means my father would need to visit the RTO.
Old 13th August 2021, 19:45   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100Rabh View Post
May I know your age, please? I wanted to get my father's driving license renewed who recently turned 60, I submitted all the documents including medical certificate, but the site now wants me to book an appointment which means my father would need to visit the RTO.
I'm in late 30s and hence it's just eye test certificate that I had to submit.
IndieGooner is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2021, 19:56   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndieGooner View Post
I'm in late 30s and hence it's just eye test certificate that I had to submit.
I see, my issue is not related to documents, that formality is complete. I am not sure if 60+ people still need to visit RTO office, or they too are exempted as per the new rule.
Old 13th August 2021, 20:27   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Background:

Also note that there are several places where the warning states that online submission is not enough and you need to visit the RTO. However, ignore this since it seems to be the old message and not the new one.

Good luck and let us know your experience on this portal.

Are you sure that visiting RTO is not required? I availed the online facility for my license renewal (MH 04). All steps completed including payment completed on 19th July. The application status still shows the status as "APPLICATION is under processing at RTO level" and the counter mentions "IMVCAMP".

There are no proper instructions on further course of action or any option of booking any appointment slot. Note that my application is only for renewal and not for any other changes. Now with my license expiring in 2 days and daily driving to be done for work, I am unsure what to do.
Attached Thumbnails
Sarathi Driving Licence services completely online | How to guide-screenshot_20210813195022_chrome.jpg  

Old 14th August 2021, 23:36   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Visited the MH12 RTO today. Libran1987 had informed me that they open at 10 am so landed there shortly after, found the place empty (except for some people thronging the Learner's License section, which is separated from the License counter that I needed to visit). There were a handful of touts in the parking lot but they looked defeated when I told them I had made an application online (which is a good sign!)
Walked up the counter and was ably assisted by an official who patiently heard me out, asked me if I had uploaded the Aadhar card in the online application, told me to take a snapshot of the stamped application/receipt (in case I am ever stopped by cops). After I took the pic I told him I have Digilocker and he said that would work as well. Asked him how long for the updated DL to reach and he said not more than 20 days, which is not bad.
Since I was there, I asked how to change the address on my wife's DL which is from out of state and not in digitised form. He confidently told me to drop an email to that RTO and provide all the details of the license and request digitisation for the purpose of address change. Am going to now try this and will keep you all updated.
I hope I can replicate the same in Mumbai sometime. It used to be a pain to do any RTO stuff.
Old 23rd August 2021, 10:05   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Visited the MH12 RTO today…Asked him how long for the updated DL to reach and he said not more than 20 days.
Another update on this: still well within the 20-day SLA but I got an SMS alert the very next day that my address change application had been verified. Now when I go check the status on Sarathi, this is what I see:

Sarathi Driving Licence services completely online | How to guide-c8d4d380c82640b199d951b662966105.jpeg

Seems to be on track. I’ve informed the postman to let me know the moment the DL arrives. Fingers crossed!
noopster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2021, 22:10   #42
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Visited the MH12 RTO today. Libran1987 had informed me that they open at 10 am so landed there shortly after, found the place empty (except for some people thronging the Learner's License section, which is separated from the License counter that I needed to visit).
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarBoard View Post
Are you sure that visiting RTO is not required? I availed the online facility for my license renewal (MH 04). All steps completed including payment completed on 19th July. The application status still shows the status as "APPLICATION is under processing at RTO level" and the counter mentions "IMVCAMP".
I am making a trip to the RTO tomorrow for submitting the original license. I think this process is not entirely online and still requires one visit to the RTO. I have a bunch of other things lined up too. So will visit nonetheless.
moralfibre is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2021, 22:54   #43
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I am making a trip to the RTO tomorrow for submitting the original license. I think this process is not entirely online and still requires one visit to the RTO. I have a bunch of other things lined up too. So will visit nonetheless.
Yes, that was my experience as well recently when getting wifey's driving licence renewed.
One visit was needed to submit the documents, get the superintendent officer's signature (after document verification) followed by getting the photo taken there (despite uploading the photo as part of the online process).

Last edited by NPV : 23rd August 2021 at 22:57.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2021, 23:25   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am making a trip to the RTO tomorrow for submitting the original license...
Can you please post update what happened to your visit? Which counter (of Sangam Bridge or Vishrantwadi RTO) to go and what to take along. My online application for address change in DL is pending as SCRUTINY - (Verification of Proof Documents), Counter IMVSWD19 at MH12 RTO for over two weeks now.

tia,
-BJ
Old 3rd September 2021, 00:34   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj96 View Post
My online application for address change in DL is pending as SCRUTINY - (Verification of Proof Documents), Counter IMVSWD19 at MH12 RTO for over two weeks now.
I submitted an application to correct the address on my father's DL and was stuck in the same state for two months. I then visited the RTO (Kerala) last week to check what's happening and they approved the changes that evening and got the license this week.
robincsamuel is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks